Please help. bit rate drops by half and browser sources bug out

sk8beard

I posted a while back with no responses but I am hopeful that I will have better luck this time. I really need help. I have reached a point of desperation. I am having issues with browser sources getting super buggy so I turned off hardware acceleration, but then if the browser source is a video it only shows like 2 frames. I am also showing a huge amount of dropped frames or a huge drop in bitrate if I turn variable bitrate on. (my stream goes to a full grey box). I see in my log that emote definition stuff but I dont have a browser source called "emote."

This week of streaming is pretty important to me so I need to get this at least a bit better.

I think it might be 2 separate problems but I am kind of to the point that fixing one of the two would be a HUGE relief. log below.

sk8beard

Before anyone suggests any of the below or the network issues page. I have gone through all those steps. For my bitrate problem:

• Restarted modem/router X1000
  • changed encoding between hardware and software
  • checked the network enhancements and tcp boxes
  • tried using the variable rate beta box but that just makes for a choppy buffering stream
  • changed bitrate and resolution from 1080 and 6000kbps to 960 and 5000kbps
  • Tried using restream instead of twitch
  • updated every driver imaginable including bios and network adapter
  • changed servers 100 times
  • had a technician come to my apartment 2 times
  • used pingplotter to try to figure out if there was a node giving me trouble so I could yell at Spectrum-- sometimes I see like .4% packet loss
  • Tried streaming using my gaming pc with no scenes or sources (still dropped frames)
  • changed ethernet cables 3 times
  • plugged straight into the modem to dodge the router
  • changed firewall settings
  • uninstalled one-drive
  • run obs as admin
  • tried switching to slobs
  • did a fresh reinstall of obs (super annoying)
  • a bunch of other stuff I'm not thinking about

ChallAcc

In sorry to say that the devs really don't give a Damn about the browser source plugin. It is based off of Chromium and they haven't bothered to update it in years.

They're still on version 0.7 if memory serves, and Chromium is much further along and polished.

As I said, so long as they're concerned, it works for simple websites, so why update it?

Harold

Too many users seem to think it's a simple matter to actually update the CEF framework in the plugin. It's not.

Also, the browser plugin has no bearing on a user's actual connection issue that exists outside of their computer.

ChallAcc

You're right. It's not as easy as just clicking update, but it's not all that much harder so long as the underlying code is sound.

With the changes to how scripts and web workers are utilised for massive performance boosts, and having obs completely disregard and even block these improvements is a pain for those of us creating plugins that make use of the browser source plugin.

Harold

If you think it's that simple to update, please by all means

But it's not as simple as you seem to think it is, otherwise it would be up to date.

You claiming that the developers of OBS "Don't give a damn" about the browser plugin has no basis in fact.

ChallAcc

1. Not my job
2. I have my own work to do
3. People have been asking obs, myself included, to update the browser plugin for well over a year and not once have they responded to anything related to it

I'd say that suggests they don't give a Damn.

Harold

Given that the last update to the plugin was last week (as of this post) their behavior on the code says otherwise.

Updating CEF is several orders of magnitude more difficult to update in the browser plugin than you seem to assume.

ChallAcc

Given that the last update to the plugin was last week (as of this post) their behavior on the code says otherwise.

Updating CEF is several orders of magnitude more difficult to update in the browser plugin than you seem to assume.
Last week???

Geez... Has it been released publicly? It was working fine for me until the last week or so!

Ugh...