Question / Help Playback Lags but in-game FPS is great

MarioTravTV

So, I'm actually getting really really mad over this mainly because I can not find a fix ANYWHERE

The Problem: My FPS in-game is fine actually, it's amazing but, when I go back to look at my recording I get extra tilted when I see that my footage looks like it came straight outta your neighborhoods community toaster. I have it set to record at 1080p60, 45,000 bitrate, CBR, .mp4.

I have seen posts that say to limit my in-game FPS, which I have, record in .mkv, which made the footage look a little better but I can't edit .mkv in premiere pro so that really just made me want to punch a .mkv file into February 33rd. I thought that maybe it was just my OBS messing up so I uninstalled and reinstalled it and that just made it worse lmao. Now when I go to view my footage it just freezes on the frame right before the gameplay starts ffs, like it will record me moving my cursor around and editing stuff in-game but when I get loaded into the game it just held the last frame of the menus. The audio was still recorded but the video just held on the last frame.

I really want to make youtube videos and OBS is going to give me the highest quality (my shadow play broke so...). OBS is really my only option and that's good but I need a fix and I can't find it so, I need help.

I attached the last 3 log files I had so hopefully those will help.

Attachments

• 2019-01-07 22-51-56.txt
    39 KB · Views: 100
  • 2019-01-07 23-15-47.txt
    9.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 2019-01-08 00-04-19.txt
    4.8 KB · Views: 26

DEDRICK

This post is all over the place.

Recording to MKV - Use File/Re-mux Recordings to change the MKV files into a MP4 File so you can open them in your editor.

Menus freezing framing when using Display Capture - Launch OBS as Administrator to properly capture using Display Capture, don't use Display Capture for games, use Game Capture. Display Capture forces your games to V-sync

Recording using CBR - Don't record videos using CBR, use CQP or CRF or simply switch to Simple mode and use the Quality presets

Lagging/Stuttering recordings - Windows has a wonderful virus-like feature called Game Mode, Game Mode causes lagged frames in OBS. In your version of Windows 10 you don't get a simple switch to turn it off, instead you have to use the Game Bar to turn it off.

It seems there's 2 different ways of doing it with the Game Bar, depending on your version.

While in game bring up the Game Bar (Windows+G), hit the Gear icon, disable "Use Game Mode for this game"
or Hit Windows +G and turn off Game Mode directly.

This is a per-game setting
1546963939216.png

Optionally. Update your windows to 1809, so you get the switch to globally turn off Game Mode under the Windows Gaming Settings (Windows + i >Gaming, Game Mode)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10
1546963425625.png

Last edited:

BohdanB

This post is all over the place.

Recording to MKV - Use File/Re-mux Recordings to change the MKV files into a MP4 File so you can open them in your editor.

Menus freezing framing when using Display Capture - Launch OBS as Administrator to properly capture using Display Capture, don't use Display Capture for games, use Game Capture. Display Capture forces your games to V-sync

Recording using CBR - Don't record videos using CBR, use CQP or CRF or simply switch to Simple mode and use the Quality presets

Lagging/Stuttering recordings - Windows has a wonderful virus-like feature called Game Mode, Game Mode causes lagged frames in OBS. In your version of Windows 10 you don't get a simple switch to turn it off, instead you have to use the Game Bar to turn it off.

It seems there's 2 different ways of doing it with the Game Bar, depending on your version.

While in game bring up the Game Bar (Windows+G), hit the Gear icon, disable "Use Game Mode for this game"
or Hit Windows +G and turn off Game Mode directly.

This is a per-game setting
View attachment 42028

Optionally. Update your windows to 1809, so you get the switch to globally turn off Game Mode under the Windows Gaming Settings (Windows + i >Gaming, Game Mode)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10
View attachment 42027
Looks like you just save me a tone of time, thank you mister!