Question / Help Play Zoom Video in OBS for Website Live Stream

JoeMartWx

Hello,

I want to take the video from a web conference (video + audio) from Zoom and put it to OBS (25.0.1). From OBS, I'd use stream keys to play that livestream to our website and Facebook.

However, I haven't been able to find a way to do this other than just use the Window Capture device, but I need the direct feed to include background images in it.

How can this be done?

Thanks for the time!

JoeMartWx

Ok, so I did figure it out. Here's what you need to do.

- Open up and start a Zoom meeting first.
- Go into OBS
- Create a window capture for a Zoom meeting. That will ingest it in there. You can use the ALT + drag to crop the video to your needs.
- Put a background image in
- Then live stream from OBS to Facebook, Twitter, etc. using the stream key, as done normally.

It's actually been working out great for me over the past couple of weeks! We've done a few vodcasts this way.

Take care,

Joe

PAA-Ben

I'm having trouble under Win10 doing Window Capture of Zoom. It seems to come up blank/dark. I can do Display Capture, but I dont have enough monitors/video cards to run in production mode this way. It seemed to work once, before I joined anyone else into the test zoom call, but now - zip/nada. Any suggestions please? Air date is Tues, rehearsal tonite. Whee!

PAA-Ben

Solved! with the latest release(s) of zoom, go in the receiving Zoom's control panel, Video, Advanced, and choose any coding method that is NOT either Auto or FLIP. Magic! the window is back. whee!