Resource icon

Pixel Match Switcher 0.31.8-alpha

HoneyHazard

HoneyHazard submitted a new resource:

Pixel Match Switcher - Switch scenes or toggle scene Items and filters based on pixel content

Pixel Match Switcher

Pixel Match Switcher
allows switching scenes or changing scene item or filter visibility in response to pixels of video being matched against image templates.
  • An individual matching image triggers transition to a specific scene, and several match entries (each with their own scene target) can be arranged in a priority-ordered list.
  • Alternatively, individual scene items or filters can be shown or hidden by...

Read more about this resource...

SlowNinja

This looks like it could be exactly what I'm looking for, but I'm not sure how to get it working. Do I need to compile the installer myself? I've tried using Visual Studio, Qt Creator, and CMake, and they all give me the error "Unknown CMake command 'qt5_add_resources'" You can probably tell I'm not a developer, but I thought I'd give it a try.

HoneyHazard

This looks like it could be exactly what I'm looking for, but I'm not sure how to get it working. Do I need to compile the installer myself? I've tried using Visual Studio, Qt Creator, and CMake, and they all give me the error "Unknown CMake command 'qt5_add_resources'" You can probably tell I'm not a developer, but I thought I'd give it a try.

Hello SlowNinja,

Have you tried the downloadable installers on this page? https://github.com/HoneyHazard/PixelMatchSwitcher/releases

This will install a copy of the modified OBS that includes the plugin, which can coexist independently with the regular OBS

HoneyHazard

Thanks, I was only looking at the downloads for the newest releases. I downloaded the Exe for 0.24.

I sincerely apologize. I just realized I have done a horrible job on release 0.25 as it is missing all the files. Working on pushing out 0.26.1 as I type. Please check it out.

michaelexile

Hey so I’ve been searching all over for something similar to this and it ALMOST does what I’m looking for based on what I’m reading.
Is there a feature that allows a pixel match to start/stop recording?

I feel like this would be such an easy way to detect a loading screen or anything alike and record matches automatically and save a little bit of disk space.

Mera_gg

Really looking forward to testing this! - is there a discord community or something for this plugin ? thanks!

HoneyHazard

Hey so I’ve been searching all over for something similar to this and it ALMOST does what I’m looking for based on what I’m reading.
Is there a feature that allows a pixel match to start/stop recording?

I feel like this would be such an easy way to detect a loading screen or anything alike and record matches automatically and save a little bit of disk space.

No, not yet.

I am definitely thinking about adding new match (and no-match) actions (including possibly an invocation of a script as a catch-all). Will definitely consider your request!

corndogward

I use the OBS.Live plugin that integrates with OBS similar to how this plugin does and I was wondering if there was any way I could integrate these two plugins with each other? Or if there's files that I can copy over to my regular installation?

HoneyHazard

I use the OBS.Live plugin that integrates with OBS similar to how this plugin does and I was wondering if there was any way I could integrate these two plugins with each other? Or if there's files that I can copy over to my regular installation?

Hi corndogward and thank you for your interest in Pixel Match Switcher,

It wasn't super easy but I've packaged up a version of our OBS fork + Pixel Match Switcher + OBS.Live in an installer. This is super hacky so no guarantees whatsoever, but please give it a try. Download obs-studio-with-pixel-match-switcher-and-obs-live-EXPERIMENTAL-0.26.0-x64.exe at the release page here: https://github.com/HoneyHazard/PixelMatchSwitcher/releases/tag/0.26.1-alpha.

The complications come from the fact that OBS.Live has its own fork of obs-browser and, apparently, OBS itself. And our plugin requires its own fork of OBS, too. If the version works and you are able to play around, please - spread the word. We are hoping to generate enough interest so our plugin's required changes to OBS could be merged into mainline, and this will make it a lot easier for users to mix and match whatever plugins their heart desires.

corndogward

Hi corndogward and thank you for your interest in Pixel Match Switcher,

It wasn't super easy but I've packaged up a version of our OBS fork + Pixel Match Switcher + OBS.Live in an installer. This is super hacky so no guarantees whatsoever, but please give it a try. Download obs-studio-with-pixel-match-switcher-and-obs-live-EXPERIMENTAL-0.26.0-x64.exe at the release page here: https://github.com/HoneyHazard/PixelMatchSwitcher/releases/tag/0.26.1-alpha.

The complications come from the fact that OBS.Live has its own fork of obs-browser and, apparently, OBS itself. And our plugin requires its own fork of OBS, too. If the version works and you are able to play around, please - spread the word. We are hoping to generate enough interest so our plugin's required changes to OBS could be merged into mainline, and this will make it a lot easier for users to mix and match whatever plugins their heart desires.

Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly! If you open up a community Discord or something, let me to and I'd be more than happy to help with some testing.

HoneyHazard

Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly! If you open up a community Discord or something, let me to and I'd be more than happy to help with some testing.

Will be considering a Discord channel! Please feel free to contact me directly in the meantime zeromemory#4830 or here. Your feedback really helps.

vulgerrity

Really powerful plug-in, but I REALLY don't like that I have to install and run an independent version of OBS. This would be a killer app if it could run as a native OBS plug-in.

fidelisoris

Really powerful plug-in, but I REALLY don't like that I have to install and run an independent version of OBS. This would be a killer app if it could run as a native OBS plug-in.

I agree. I'm not quite understanding why this is bundled with other plugins instead of given as a stand-alone.

chrisjbarth

This is so perfect. I can now built a PowerPoint of my presentation with a little placeholder image where I want my video to show up. Then, in OBS, I just use this switcher to switch scenes based on the placeholder location on my slide. So perfect. This is so much easier to teach and use when giving presentations than having to control OBS during the presentation!!! Now, if only this build included the OBS virtual camera instead of me having to install https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/obs-virtualcam.949/.

scrim

This sounds great for being able to automatically switch to an overlay whenever I want it to, but the modified version of OBS that it uses doesn't seem to work with my games. Any fix?