Pc noise not going away

sallu110

Hye! I have tried to adjust the filters of Audio Input capture. But the pc noise is not going away.
Here is the video :
Recorded video from Obs studio
I have to explain lectures to students and I want to deliver a crystal clear voice to them.

Please help! Regards!

sallu110

Use a "ground loop isolator" to eliminate noise caused by ground loop.
Bro many people don't use any additional device, yet they have great sound. I am using BM 800 mic though. I think there must be some settings which need to be changed.

konsolenritter

Use a "ground loop isolator" to eliminate noise caused by ground loop.

It sounds like fan noise, not like buzz or hum in the first manner.

@sallu110 But your sound is weak in terms of loudness and power. How far away are you from your mike? As we hear you speaking, there is a certain amount of room acoustics (aside of the unwanted pc noise).

Your mike should definitely be closer to your mouth (not so close that your breathing makes "ssssshhhh" on the diaphragm) while your pc noise should keep clear in the background. If you're close to your mike, you can lower then the gain/volume. All room based noise will fade away exactly the same amount.

Kraezy

Does sound like fan noise and not a sound loop caused by leads/earthing etc.
As @konsolenritter had said, you sound somewhat at a distance to your mic and thus are probably overusing gain on your mic or mixer.

Stretch your hand out and hold your thumb to your mouth
The end of your little finger should be where your mic is

This should enable you to firstly reduce gain to a comfortable level, once you have the mic in it's correct position you can then think of using something called VST Plugin (Reaper) and in particular something called REAFIR
or
JS TransientController

Plenty of guides on how to install and configure both.

konsolenritter

You definitely sound distant from the mic we could hear even in the second video. Are you sure to use the right one? How loud are you speaking? Is your voice so weak really? The first reflections of the wall could be heard astonishing loud. Compared to direct sound (going from your mouth to the mic) the reflections should keep back considerably. So it sounds as you are in a relatively empty room with hard walls...

Recently a colleague of mine used to use a headset for conferences (at least he thought). It lasted a couple of days until he realized that his software used a laptop internal mic instead. The laptop was sitting below his table... hence the bad sound his conf partners were moaning about.

sallu110

You definitely sound distant from the mic we could hear even in the second video. Are you sure to use the right one? How loud are you speaking? Is your voice so weak really? The first reflections of the wall could be heard astonishing loud. So it sounds as you are in a relatively empty room with hard walls...

Recently a colleague of mine used to use a headset for conferences (at least he thought). It lasted a couple of days until he realized that his software used a laptop internal mic instead. The laptop was sitting below his table... hence the bad sound his conf partners were moaning about.
Is sound card necessary? I am just using a Microphone Audio Splitter Aux Cable Adapter. I don't think speaking loud will do anything. That buzz noise is not gonna go away with that. Is the buzzz sound because of the absence of a V8 sound card?

sallu110

1630269551320.png

This is the mic which I am using and that red and black wire is the 3.5Mm Ctia Trrs Microphone Audio Splitter Aux Cable Adapter.

Kraezy

Still sounds like ambient room noise to me. Either PC fans, air con unit, line noise would be higher pitched and undulating in it's wave form.
A dedicated sound card is not needed, most motherboards tend to do a good job nowadays with audio outputs.

So let's be clear on this...

Are you using a desktop PC and a laptop?
Or just the laptop?

Are you running a desk fan in background, air conditioning unit or anything else that produces a constant noise?
Those are the obvious questions out of the way.

Looks like you're using an XLR mic, so I assume you are running the microphone audio some sort of mixing hardware, preamp etc?
Have you checked the preamp gain nob, this should never really be turned up more than halfway otherwise you'll introduce noisefeed into the line.

Right click Sound icon on taskbar > Sounds > Recording > Select your Mic > Properties > Listen
Tick Listen to this Device
You should be able to hear your microphone in it's natural state, is the sound present there?

konsolenritter

I can't see the brand and type of the mic, but it seems clearly to have an xlr output. Hence this mic is (most often, if not ever) meant to be driven on a professional mic pre-amplifier. You can't establish that just by an simple adapter cable into... into... into what?

TRRS on a laptop (we thought you were using a pc, hence "pc noise"?) is meant for typical headsets used for gaming and in the computer industries.

Both are "audio worlds" , but both a totally different worlds. Professional audio equipment using XLR most often uses other impedances (on source and sink) and sometimes need professional phantom power (this mic not, i think). The audio levels awaited on professional equipment are quite higher than those on "home" or pc-equipment like cinch or trrs. XLR is symmetrical kind of cabling, all home and pc stuff is not.

I don't know what you mean with an V8-audio card (is it a joke regarding a cars motor?), but you will need at least a professional one audio interface with (possibly) USB side to the pc or laptop and a good analogue frontend to the mic side (XLR, pre-amp with adjustable gain knob) and so on. There are alot on the market. For examples look for something like "steinberg ur-22". You'll see what we mean.

By the way: A mic should never be laid on a surface of electronic equipment. Mics should be mechanical and electronically decoupled from such equipment ever. Mechanical due to the possible noise and hum of fans aso. (have a look for mic stands that are decoupled from the stand and table of your computers) and "electronically" by means of buzz and near-field noise at displays, electronic boards with digital busses, mains adapters aso. So beware of electrical and magnetic fields nearby every sensitive microphone.

Last edited:

konsolenritter

And: What you search for in audio is called a "good signal-to-noise ratio". The signal is your voice (you want to hear). You experienced now already what noise is. So you can give yourself the answer if speaking louder (not too loud) in a mic does help you get a better SNR (signal...noise...ratio). ;)