Resource icon

OpenVR input plugin 1.1

964t

Hey Guys, I get an huge image in OBS if I capture via OpenVR, but can not resize it. Ist is simply several time bigger. Is there any way to resize. I have an Pimax 8kx...

caveman

Hi! thank you for this plugin works like a charm
I had this suggestion in mind after using the plugin for a little while:
is it possible to realtime track left and/or right controllers, so you can have a realtime focus-zoom on what you're aiming at (when playing shooters for example) ?
thanks

ASchneider

Hello Kegetys! Thanks for this great tool. Any chance of supporting OPENXR anytime soon? There's no way of capturing Flight Simulator 2020 footage other than Oculus Mirror with terrible frame rates. This solution would be great, too bad it doesn't work with OpenXR... Thanks!

Recon777

I've just tried running this plugin but all I get is a black screen. I have the HP Reverb G2.

* Plugin shows up in OBS sources list.
* Added the source and made sure it was the only one visible.
* Stretched and fit, just in case that was the issue.
* WMR Portal window shows output from where the headset is looking.
* Everything is still black coming from the plugin's source.

Help?

Recon777

So, as it turns out, the WMR "Cliff House" does not get sent to this plugin. Everything from SteamVR works, including games, but the cliff house (where I was testing) does not work.

substatica

I had everything set up to record a steam game using the plugin and a Quest 2 through Virtual Desktop, I set up the crop, everything worked as expected for a bunch of sessions. My last session, however, I got a black bar on either side, I had to adjust the crop again. Why would the crop need to change?

DeMoN

I'm sad that it cannot use the combined eye feature of SteamVR's VRView.

With combined eye, you actually see the center, and not being shifted to left or right side because its that eye only. And you also actually see much more game too.
If the combined eye function could be added it would be really appreciated by me :D

Malic

With the new steam desktop overlay, when streaming, I have a window pinned so I can read chat. Is there maybe some way to render separate layers so then that layer is not blocking the view of the game?

SotiCoto

I can't get this to work at all. I'm using an Oculus Quest 2...
It doesn't help that there aren't really detailed instructions about what is or isn't needed anywhere.
I was just looking for a way to record VR footage... saw this referenced in a video and tried it. I didn't even know it needed SteamVR at first since the video I was watching neglected to mention it. This is how it went:

#1. Tried it without SteamVR open. "OpenVR" shows up in the source dropdown. OpenVR source can't seem to find the headset though. It just generates a small, red box with nothing but black inside. Can't read anything. The settings has a button to "reinitialize headset" but it does nothing.
#2. Tried opening SteamVR with the OpenVR plugin source active. SteamVR won't open. Can't open. Just got an error.
#3. Restarted OBS. Tried opening SteamVR before trying the plugin source. Apparently the way this is meant to work. OBS just froze/crashed, and still can't find the headset.

Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling OBS. It did nothing. Tried removing and re-adding the plugin. It did nothing.
So... this just seems to be a crash-generator. Doesn't work at all.

RaionOn

to not lose memory just disable the window (eye checked on obs) or do I have to remove it from the sources?

jpvintage62

I can't get this to work at all. I'm using an Oculus Quest 2...
It doesn't help that there aren't really detailed instructions about what is or isn't needed anywhere.
I was just looking for a way to record VR footage... saw this referenced in a video and tried it. I didn't even know it needed SteamVR at first since the video I was watching neglected to mention it. This is how it went:

#1. Tried it without SteamVR open. "OpenVR" shows up in the source dropdown. OpenVR source can't seem to find the headset though. It just generates a small, red box with nothing but black inside. Can't read anything. The settings has a button to "reinitialize headset" but it does nothing.
#2. Tried opening SteamVR with the OpenVR plugin source active. SteamVR won't open. Can't open. Just got an error.
#3. Restarted OBS. Tried opening SteamVR before trying the plugin source. Apparently the way this is meant to work. OBS just froze/crashed, and still can't find the headset.

Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling OBS. It did nothing. Tried removing and re-adding the plugin. It did nothing.
So... this just seems to be a crash-generator. Doesn't work at all.
I'm a mirror of SotiCoto - did everything above and the Oculus 2 simply doesnt show up in the OBS window. I've seen some other youtube videos where I have followed everything and they get it to work...but not in my system. Very frustrating, anyone got any clues?

xTzu

I also have a problem when I try to broadcast with a video camera in obs, when I enter the source of the OpenVR input plugin, the image does not appear, it is a black screen!
Can someone help me?
Thank you very much

DeMoN

What has a video camera to do with a VR Headset?
Video Camera is a DirectShow Device. Ensure to run OBS as Admin

SotiCoto

Oh, and this doesn't seem to be compatible with OpenComposite either. I just tried that, and didn't even get as far as before.
But then I guess it isn't meant to be. Just I'm trying to figure out how to record Skyrim VR fluidly, and it runs smoother without SteamVR... so... yeah.

Gumbobs

Not sure whether I'm in the right place here but here goes: trying to record MSFS from VR. the following issues occur:
1. I cannot record directly from SteamVR. Not surprised, but someone above seemed to suggest this was possible.
2. with Oculus mirror, I get the left eye (fine, so be it), but most frustratingly, I cannot get the recorded video in full size, OBS' output appears to be a window, no matter what I try, including using transform|edit transform. Any ideas on how to solve this? I obviously cannot stream like this and would have to edit the recorded video quite substantially before being able to post it.