Open Broadcaster Software Studio Multiplatform Help Guide [PDF]

OBS Studio Open Broadcaster Software Studio Multiplatform Help Guide [PDF]

layarion

This manual, much like most of OBS's so called "help" is not friendly to people who don't intricately know what any of these settings mean. It barely talks about the advantages or why you would use one algorithm over the other, and honestly i think this was a classic OBS guide re-plastered with Studio on it because it mentions a shadowplay feature that studio does not have yet.

Why must i feel as though I'm researching a grad paper in library that was recently hit by a tornado. Just to learn the basics of video recording?

Especially in 2017, where well written, thought out, intuitive, and in-depth guides can be found on many subjects. It's as if this area of the internet just said "hey, ima be like those douche modders out and and include no readme, or instructions of any kind for my mod because I'm doing these people a favor just making the software."

Sure there are guides, like this one. This guide will go right over a lot of peoples heads though, and that's what really makes it a waste.

Last edited:

Suslik V

...a shadowplay feature that studio does not have yet...
Replay Buffer?! - Just try Index part of the guide. The feature doesn't have multitrack support yet - that's why the button is hidden by default. Studio itself still under development.

I could try to mark Getting Started section in Contents and probably can add it to Index too. Also, check the https://obsproject.com/forum/resour...udio-multiplatform-help-guide-pdf.365/updates link there is draft to the next Guide update.

Especially in 2017, where well written, thought out, intuitive, and in-depth guides can be found on many subjects. It's as if this area of the internet just said "hey, ima be like those douche modders out and and include no readme, or instructions of any kind for my mod because I'm doing these people a favor just making the software."
As is. (see Legal Notice part)

Suslik V

Suslik V updated Open Broadcaster Software Studio Multiplatform Help Guide [PDF] with a new update entry:

New features in OBS Studio and much more

This update issued to bring you new Guide and to alert users of the coming changes (it was personal request from the @Banyarola).

Few words about the future of the Guide itself.
I'll try to make future updates of the Guide on each major version of the application release. But this updates should come out without notification "new update available!" (just check for the download link after each new OBS Studio major version release).
This is intended move and I have...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Suslik V

General disease I have right now (non-SARS) halts updates to this and other sources of mine. Sorry guys, I'm unable to keep all the things up to date right now. Highly likely that next major update will not come. I hope you understand. Writing this words was much harder than I thought. I'm OK but working with information is hard to me.

The site has nice help, by the way (don't hesitate to visit it):