OBS-YouNow Video Audio Phasing/Doubling

OinkQuack

I am successfully streaming from OBS to YouNow. I created scenes containing a Display Capture and a Media Source for videos. All I do is stream a sequence of videos. When listening on the computer I stream from, I can’t hear anything until I switch the video audio to “Monitor and output”, then it sounds OK. However, when I listen to the YouNow broadcast from my phone, there is an audio phasing, as if the audio is doubled. I tested some audio on YouNow using “Monitor only (mute output)” instead, but couldn’t hear a difference. What is causing this phasing (sounds like audio through a concrete tunnel)?

Last edited:

OinkQuack

I am successfully streaming from OBS to YouNow. I created scenes containing a Display Capture and a Media Source for videos. All I do is stream a sequence of videos. When listening on the computer I stream from, I can’t hear anything until I switch the video audio to “Monitor and output”, then it sounds OK. However, when I listen to the YouNow broadcast from my phone, there is an audio phasing, as if the audio is doubled. I tested some audio on YouNow using “Monitor only (mute output)” instead, but couldn’t hear a difference. What is causing this phasing (sounds like audio through a concrete tunnel)?
OK. So, “Monitor only (mute output)” On the video audio does seem to do the trick. For some reason I couldn’t hear the difference with pink noise, but could with a video of city life. Guess it’s a frequency thing.

FerretBomb

This is because (unless you have a separate audio output device) in 'Monitor and Output' mode, OBS is both directly outputting the video's audio to the stream, and playing it back over the Desktop audio device... which OBS is also recording, leading to the doubling.