Hi guys!
I was recording a Warzone gameplay, paused and resumed the recording several times, accdientaly started some streams but cancelled them inmediately, all of that for an approximately 25-minute final recording, I stopped the recording, and then it got stuck. It had happened to me also one time not so long ago. Yes, I'm pretty dumb and recorded in MP4, so I guess my file is gone as my only option was to close OBS foricbly after letting the software runf (with all games closed) for about an hour :( . It's worth noting that in my disc the file of the recording appears and shows a file size of 1.5 GB. Does this mean that something could be done to recover the file? Well, the real objective of this post is knowing why the heck does this happen. It concerns me even more because I thought that my pc was high-end. Have I just been humbled? Or is it all just poor configuration mixed with the fact that I was recording Warzone? OBS alerted me of enconding overload, so it's pretty logic that that caused the lagging of the stoppage of the recording. I'll leave the log down here. It's also worth noting that:

-OBS is recording on the same disc in which warzone is running on (HDD of 2 TB and 5400 rpm).
-I THINK I'm recording using NVENC and not x264
-During the recording, a digital camera was overlayed (not too high quality).
-During the recording, a high-quality mic was being used (connected to a sound card)
-During the recording, I had OBS running on my second monitor , so the GPU was practically displaying the game 2 times.
-Warzone was capped at 60 FPS.
-The recording was being done at 30 FPS (the low frame rate concerns me also becasue I thought it will be less demanding; preventing the overlead).
-Warzone was running on full screen (I've observed that i'm alerted of the overload when I alt + tab to OBS or any other window).

I will really appreciate if you could help me adjust the settings, or at least know why my GPU can't handle the settings. The quality of the recording is still important to me, and I could accept realively big file sizes.

Thanks in advance!

Jerónimo

Attachments

• 2022-06-24 16-01-53 LOG OBS.txt
    18 KB · Views: 18