Question / Help OBS, VLC and Zoom Audio Issue

DerekC

I am preparing to instruct a class that will include video with sound. I am playing the video in OBS through VLC, and am streaming through Zoom. Initially, I was able to to stream my mic'ed voice and video through Zoom, but was unable to get the video's audio to stream despite being able to monitor it locally. After a bunch of messing around, I ended up installing the VB Audio Virtual Cable and can now stream the video audio, but am unable to stream my microphone. I am very new to this, so am probably am not speaking very intelligently to my issue, but have attached a link to the log file to the extent that might help.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

JonnyLove

Have you had any luck? I have a similar situation with my media files and their output. They will play when I stream to FB but won't stream to zoom. I feel like they did stream to zoom at one point. One issue that I'm also seeing with media is that I have multiple sound cards running right now. I have a usb headset, a usb sound card, and my system sounds. My media file ran through my headset then I changed it's output from the headset to system and I lost audio. When I turned it back to my headset, the audio didn't return. I found when i was planning a live broadcast for a fundraiser, I had to turn my PC off and back on again twice to get it all working. I think we should be able to select the specific out put for each audio source. If I find an answer I'll definitely reply here.

JonnyLove

Here is an idea. Since OBS is taking our camera and creating a virtual cam that pushes to other programs, it seems to only push the image while zoom is only designed to pick up onboard microphones. So lets make a back door for that. Take the audio output from your system to your speakers that are playing the audio but not projecting the sound from the other participants of the zoom meeting. Run that into a mixing board (i know, not everyone has one) along with a microphone and send that signal into the microphone input of the PC. That way, zoom will pick up the audio you want from your media files along with your microphone sounds in the same line. This may just work. I'll test it tomorrow and let you know. Now I have an additional issue with this. I have a video I made that my work around should work for but I also have the superman theme on MP3 and I can't get that to play through any of my various speakers at all! The file opens in the media player but in OBS the timer runs, the levels on the volume show activity but the output is dead quiet.

Hi,

I think you need a software mixer like voicemeeter so you can mix multiple audio inputs to send them to zoom, if you search for that software on the forums you will find many guides like this one. I hope it helps.

DerekC

Sorry, I got sidetracked, and have not come up with a solution yet. Am going to focus on it again today. Thank for the suggestions. Will post for better or worse.