Resource icon

OBS-VirtualCam 2.0.4

catxfish

Great plugin and thanks for the source code!

Is there any instruction for compiling the code? Get stuck in VS 2015 with some link errors:
Error LNK2001 unresolved external symbol __imp___vsnprintf obs-virtualsource E:\project\c\obs-virtual-cam\build\src\virtual-source\strmbasd.lib(dllsetup.obj) 1
Error LNK2019 unresolved external symbol _obs_frontend_push_ui_translation referenced in function _obs_module_load obs-virtualoutput E:\project\c\obs-virtual-cam\build\src\virtual-output\virtual_output.obj 1

I use VS2013 to build this plugin , it seems there are many compatibility issues when you use VS2015 (you can google "legacy_stdio_definitions.lib").
If you really want to run in VS2015 , maybe you should build strmbase lib by VS2015 first , you can find it in windows 7 SDK example (multimedia/directshow/baseclasses/)

Also the error message shows the project do not link to obs.lib or obs-frontend-api.lib , you should check your linker input.

saturnin55

Awesome work catxfish! I was looking at ways to do exactly that in the last few days and was considering writing a such a plugin because last time i checked the plugin registry it didn't existed. Thank you so much, it's awesome and I think it will be very useful. Do you have any features in the pipeline ?

catxfish

Awesome work catxfish! I was looking at ways to do exactly that in the last few days and was considering writing a such a plugin because last time i checked the plugin registry it didn't existed. Thank you so much, it's awesome and I think it will be very useful. Do you have any features in the pipeline ?
Thanks, I am trying to implement a crop function now.

deetari

Thanks for this, it works great!

Do you think it's possible to allow the virtual camera to send the output from a projector? It would be nice to be able to record one scene while showing a different one, for the purpose of instant replays and whatnot.

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I figured I'd ask. :P

catxfish

Thanks for this, it works great!

Do you think it's possible to allow the virtual camera to send the output from a projector? It would be nice to be able to record one scene while showing a different one, for the purpose of instant replays and whatnot.

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I figured I'd ask. :P

I think output plugin can't access not showing scene.
It might be possible if developing a new filter plugin to get bitmap from other source.
Maybe dxtory would be a fast solution ?

Ryuno

Crashing every time renders software unusable

Whenever I chose virtual webcam and click on close, OBS crashes. I was so happy having discovered this plugin that I am now equally disappointed.

Any ideas what could be the reason?

And one more question. I read something about a preview, but I cannot find anything in the software.
I would like to generate a life output image on the desktop which I could use for streaming over the internet. The site where I want to stream my desktop to, is www.nightskiesnetwork.ca

You think this might be possible using the VirtualCam?

I am on Windows 10, but also have a Mac.

catxfish

Whenever I chose virtual webcam and click on close, OBS crashes. I was so happy having discovered this plugin that I am now equally disappointed.

Any ideas what could be the reason?

Try run OBS as administrator .
If it's still not work , please provide obs crash report to check where the problem is.

And one more question. I read something about a preview, but I cannot find anything in the software.
I would like to generate a life output image on the desktop which I could use for streaming over the internet. The site where I want to stream my desktop to, is www.nightskiesnetwork.ca

You think this might be possible using the VirtualCam?

I am on Windows 10, but also have a Mac.

Sorry, I can't find which software you used , is that capable for a normal webcam?

Ryuno

Hello Catxfish. Thank you for your reply and concern. Running the software as Administrator did not solve the problem. I therefore produced the crash report, which you can find in the attachment.
Thank you again.
I tried to upload the file in Zip-format, but either I am doing something wrong, or the uploader does not work. I trief many times and did not succeed. Therefore, I uploaded the file to my cloud. You can download it from there clicking on the following link:

OBS crash report 30.Aug.2027 - Ryuno

Attachments

• OBS crash report by Ryuno 30.Aug.2017.zip
    22.8 KB · Views: 52
  • OBS crash report by Ryuno 30.Aug.2017.zip
    22.8 KB · Views: 40

Ryuno

Oh, I can see, I succeeded. I was just expecting some kind of confirmation after uploading the file. When nothing came, I was a little confused. Sorry..

Ryuno

Your second comment I don;t quite understand: What doe you want to know? Which software?

Sorry, I can't find which software you used , is that capable for a normal webcam?

catxfish

Your second comment I don;t quite understand: What doe you want to know? Which software?

It just I don't know how to broadcast to that night sky website , I assume maybe you use some special 3rd party software.

Back to the crash issue, Can you give me some clue about that?

What is your resolution and format setting (In Setting > Video)? Sorry I can't get this information from crash report so I have to ask.

Last edited:

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
What is your resolution and format setting (In Setting > Video)? Sorry I can't get this information from crash report so I have to ask.
That information would be present in a regular log file, which OBS should still generate at "%AppData%\obs-studio\logs".