Resource icon

OBS-VirtualCam 2.0.4

Kim Roach

Ok... So I think I'm REALLY close :)

I got the OBS Camera working. And I'm able to use it inside Demio. Which is the webinar software I'm using. It's basically a competitor to GoToWebinar. But it runs in Google Chrome. So I choose my microphone and then I select the OBS Camera for the webcam.

The thing I'm struggling with though is that the lips are just a "little" bit out of sync with the audio. It's close though. Just wanting to get it as perfect as possible. So I've been playing with different settings.

What does the setting for "delay frames" or "buffered frames" do?

Also any other suggestions would be super helpful.

Thanks so much for creating this.

It ROCKS!

catxfish

Ok... So I think I'm REALLY close :)

I got the OBS Camera working. And I'm able to use it inside Demio. Which is the webinar software I'm using. It's basically a competitor to GoToWebinar. But it runs in Google Chrome. So I choose my microphone and then I select the OBS Camera for the webcam.

The thing I'm struggling with though is that the lips are just a "little" bit out of sync with the audio. It's close though. Just wanting to get it as perfect as possible. So I've been playing with different settings.

What does the setting for "delay frames" or "buffered frames" do?

Also any other suggestions would be super helpful.

Thanks so much for creating this.

It ROCKS!

More buffered frames setting will get more delay (compare with OBS) to prevent frames drop during a high cpu-usage situation.

you should set to 0 if you use a real microphone.

I used to call this setting "delay frames" . But it still have about 20-30ms delay even you set this option to 0, so I change the description to "buffered frames".

Viro-vrn

Since yesterday, the virtual camera does not work in the browser when using a flash player (Mozilla Firefox 56.0.1, Adobe Flash Player 27,0,0,170) does not issue errors, just a gray eraser instead of a camera.
I tried about 5 different PCs (Win 7, 10), with different browsers and versions of Flash Player, that is interesting the virtual camera does not work and in Xsplit, vMix. (Output only the starting image)
Until yesterday everything worked fine, no one has ever come across this, I already have no options what's the matter?
My English is very bad, sorry)

catxfish

Since yesterday, the virtual camera does not work in the browser when using a flash player (Mozilla Firefox 56.0.1, Adobe Flash Player 27,0,0,170) does not issue errors, just a gray eraser instead of a camera.
I tried about 5 different PCs (Win 7, 10), with different browsers and versions of Flash Player, that is interesting the virtual camera does not work and in Xsplit, vMix. (Output only the starting image)
Until yesterday everything worked fine, no one has ever come across this, I already have no options what's the matter?
My English is very bad, sorry)

Thanks for your report , I got same situation and found new flash player restrict some access right .
I will release an update soon.

enigmaxtreme

This has been just the feature I'm looking for, this allows me to show the stream directly to my friends on Discord while streaming on OBS, but I have a few inquires, Firstly, could it be possible to stream a specific layer, like the game capture device and secondly, it seems Discord likes to mirror the webcam image, how can I fix that?

catxfish

This has been just the feature I'm looking for, this allows me to show the stream directly to my friends on Discord while streaming on OBS, but I have a few inquires, Firstly, could it be possible to stream a specific layer, like the game capture device and secondly, it seems Discord likes to mirror the webcam image, how can I fix that?
It can output partial region of Main scene using crop setting but not an independent layer .
And the horizontal flip feature might be implement in next release.

OBSnewby

I do a quickly check and guess it possibly happen when OBS open the OBS-camera itself.
Does that always crash when you open OBS ?

Hi, nope. Sometimes works fine, but once it crash one time it keep crashing and i have to restart my pc.
I dont know what you mean with loop the virtual camera back to obs? Im doing that? How?
Does your last update fixes this crash? thanks!

catxfish

Hi, nope. Sometimes works fine, but once it crash one time it keep crashing and i have to restart my pc.
I dont know what you mean with loop the virtual camera back to obs? Im doing that? How?
Does your last update fixes this crash? thanks!
I mean that you use a virtual-camera as a input source in OBS which makes it like a loop circuit .
but anyway , the crash report is helpful so the bug cause crash should been fixed in latest update.

SkiperTheBoss

catxfish does the plugin work with the Camera app on window 10 for you?
My Skype/Discord and Chrome accept the virtual camera but the Camera app and the game "Humans fall flat" doesn't.

catxfish

catxfish does the plugin work with the Camera app on window 10 for you?
My Skype/Discord and Chrome accept the virtual camera but the Camera app and the game "Humans fall flat" doesn't.
I can't assure all the 3rd party software is compatible with virtual camera , but I will try to make it better as much as possible .
And What exactly is the camera app on windows 10?

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
@catxfish

I think they literally mean the Windows Camera app from the Microsoft Store. The app is called "Camera". It should be installed on Windows 10 by default.

Last edited:

catxfish

Thanks, Right now my guess is directshow camera can not use in windows10 APP just like Skype UWP, I'll try to figure out if there is a solution.

wilddragon

hi, catxfish, I compiled your code to x64 version using Virtual Studio 2017, but It can not work when I copied both obs-virtualsource.dll and obs-virtualoutput.dll to the directory.
the error in logs is:
19:01:33.198: LoadLibrary failed for '../../obs-plugins/64bit/obs-virtualoutput.dll': The specified module could not be found.
19:01:33.198: (126)
19:01:33.198: Module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/obs-virtualoutput.dll' not found
can you give some suggestion about the error reason?

I'm trying to add captions to the live using ASR, and trying to get audio stream by this plugin :).

catxfish

hi, catxfish, I compiled your code to x64 version using Virtual Studio 2017, but It can not work when I copied both obs-virtualsource.dll and obs-virtualoutput.dll to the directory.
This error usually happens due to dependency issue.
You can use a software called "Dependency Walker" to check what dependency dll obs-virtuallouput.dll needs .And check if they are all in obs bin directory.
I remember I got same error once because of misusing debug version QT5 library on release build.
I am not sure if is a right answer to you problem , but you should check the dependency first .

wilddragon

This error usually happens due to dependency issue.
You can use a software called "Dependency Walker" to check what dependency dll obs-virtuallouput.dll needs .And check if they are all in obs bin directory.
I remember I got same error once because of misusing debug version QT5 library on release build.
I am not sure if is a right answer to you problem , but you should check the dependency first .
thank you. perfect suggestion. yes, I made same error as you. put the release version to obs-studio's debug directory.