Resource icon

OBS-VirtualCam 2.0.4

Ilia Telesfor

Oh! It is frustrated . A dummy device path cause this error , and it's used to solve another problem .
You have to delete it manually to let it work.
1.Execute "Regedit" in Windows
2.Find HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{860BB310-5D01-11d0-BD3B-00A0C911CE86}\Instance\{27B05C2D-93DC-474A-A5DA-9BBA34CB2A9C}
3.Delete "DevicePath" key in the right side , which value is obs:virtualcam

Or using version 1.1.2 might work too

I'll give an update in a few days.

delete it, still dont worked, "skype cannot connect to your webcam"

OBS Supporter

Thanks for prompt reply and the hints - always painful to find suitable patches . Next weekend I will try to delete (or rename) the devicepath you mentioned and check and come back to you. Or maybe already then some update from you available? Keep you posted.

catxfish

Version 1.2.0 add a dummy registry "device path" for solving the issue Unity can't run virtual-camera .
Unfortunately , the dummy registry confused Skype and won't work anymore.
I tried to figure out if there is a solution make this plugin compatible with both application , but got nothing.
So I decided to remove this registry in Version 1.2.1
For those who wants to use this plugin in Skype , try use version 1.2.1
For those who wants to use this plugin in Unity , please manually add dummy device path after installation . Here provides register and unregister batch file

Last edited:

ColinF

Hello
Very nice plugin !
I want to use twice OBS + twice obs-virtualcam in the same computer !
How to instanciate this plugin ?
Is it possible easily without recompile all source ?
If it possible with recompilation source which code I should change to have other directshow pipeline ?
Thanks
C.

catxfish

Hello
Very nice plugin !
I want to use twice OBS + twice obs-virtualcam in the same computer !
How to instanciate this plugin ?
Is it possible easily without recompile all source ?
If it possible with recompilation source which code I should change to have other directshow pipeline ?
Thanks
C.
It is designed for one to one architecture in the first place , I'm afraid you can't do this easily without modifying source code.

Hello
I ask you if you have a solution for linux like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AZRiW3hHrw
my pipeline is NDI -> OBS -> virtualcam -> webrtc getUsermedia
Thanks

You may consider FFmpeg output with v4l2loopback to accomplish similar trick on Linux

digiacom

Hi, I tried to install the plugin on Windows 10 64 bit. Neither the installer nor the manual installation worked. I tried it as administrator. But the registration of the dlls failed in any cases. regsvr32 told me that it couldn`t find the dll or it was damaged. But the path was correct and i used "..." for the path. The installer (run also as administrator) told me "Unable to register the DLL/OCX" RegSvr32 failed with exit code 0x3"

What could be the reason?

I'm having this precise issue. I've run windows diagnostics to repair system files, but none come up as corrupt - I've also made sure my Visual C++ redistributables are all installed, and a few other fixes on other websites. I was running as administrator with all privileges.

Watzold Plaum implies he solved this but not how - any help? Thanks!

Mark Bolden

Hi All - I have a strange one. Everything installed just fine. The DLLs are registered, etc. I can run OBS studio and in the tools menu select Virtualcam. When I run Skype, Hangouts or any other app OBS-Virtualcam is nowhere to be found. It only lists my installed webcam. Any ideas why it's not on the list?

Tormy

I installed it and successfully used it
I use it to import OBS into SkyPe so that the other party can watch what's going on through the Program Monitor.

It will ve VERY VERY useful and nice, if it behaves also a Virtual Audio, where, by the mixer, one can assign the source that would like to send to it (source by source) ...

A REASON FOR THAT:
Wich is my typical use ... (one day I will post a video here to show you what I'm doing with this great OBS)
When I use SkyPe for Video Interviews to a Singer/COmposer/Author in a streaming (generally in FB), and I change the scene showing a part of a videoclip he/she made ... I woudl like that he/she can LISTEN to THAT specific audio of THAT Scene's Source ...

In this moment, I do so:
I connect a JBLgo to the Headset Plug fo my audioboard, and I plug it in, when the Video CLip is going. She/He can listen to it in this way, then, once back in the scene where both we are visibile buy the public, I disconnect the JBLgo.

Very "Flinstone way" ... Right?
Well ... If this Virtual Cam could enable my request above, ... "Flinstones" can stay home :)

Typhoon859

Ok, so I obviously didn't want to start a new thread, and I'm not sure the majority of this thread would be relevant in the present moment to simply getting it working.

I installed that latest version of this plugin, in the OBS software I started it (and checked autorun), and I restarted Skype (desktop version). I see the option now but all I get is a grey screen. Selecting it, I get an error when actually trying to turn video on in the chat. Is there something I'm missing - something else which needs to be done? In OBS it shows up fine. Thanks!

Ok, so I obviously didn't want to start a new thread, and I'm not sure the majority of this thread would be relevant in the present moment to simply getting it working.

I installed that latest version of this plugin, in the OBS software I started it (and checked autorun), and I restarted Skype (desktop version). I see the option now but all I get is a grey screen. Selecting it, I get an error when actually trying to turn video on in the chat. Is there something I'm missing - something else which needs to be done? In OBS it shows up fine. Thanks!
In obs, open tools -> VirtualCam and click the start button.

catxfish

Is your OBS version 19.0.0 or later ?

catxfish

Yup, all the latest versions.

I'm assuming by this response, what I did is all that's required and it should've actually worked XD
The plugin is basically contain 2 parts , the first one is a obs-plugin write to shared memory , and the other one is a camera interface read from shared memory.
So the gray screen means one of them do not access shared memory correctly , try run OBS and Skype as administrator.

If it's still not working , please provide OBS log .

Any One

Hello.

I have installed the software and registered the dll's on a Windows 64 system.

When I launch OBS Studio the plugin appears to run (its window shows and I can click start) but no webcam appears in any software I use.

Any ideas?