OBS Studio 30 RC

Status
Not open for further replies.

luisbustamante

Hi, even though the virtual camera is working fine for me in Sonoma, I get the following error when trying to start OBS using the --startvirtualcam option via the terminal:

"The virtual camera is not installed.
Please allow OBS to install system software in System
Settings → Privacy & Security →
Security.
You may need to restart OBS if this message still appears afterward."

I can click OK on that dialog box to continue but the virtual cam is not enabled at startup as it should using that command so I need to enable it manually.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling OBS but the problem persists.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-09 at 10.19.58 a.m..png
    Screenshot 2023-10-09 at 10.19.58 a.m..png
    284.4 KB · Views: 76

Suslik V

Unfortunately, rc1 of the v30 still has "crackling" issue (https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/issues/8064) for my setup (VirtualBox environment, 20H2). I found no difference in this part - about a minute into recording and "crackling" is here. Overall pattern of the distortion is the same: phase shifts, amplitude increase, gaps.

Attachments

• 2023-10-11 13-26-41.txt
    27.2 KB · Views: 41

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Unfortunately, rc1 of the v30 still has "crackling" issue (https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/issues/8064) for my setup (VirtualBox environment, 20H2). I found no difference in this part - about a minute into recording and "crackling" is here. Overall pattern of the distortion is the same: phase shifts, amplitude increase, gaps.
As we have stated multiple times, tests in a virtual environment are invalid, and not useful to us. We do not support virtual environments, and the known native environments we've had people test show that the issue is resolved for them. There might be other edge cases that this doesn't yet solve, but reports from a virtual environment are not helpful to us.

Padinn

I am getting a solid white chat dock window for Twitch on both gaming and stream PC. Doesn't matter if docked or not

This is a known issue that will be fixed for RC2.

Speaking of, any rough ideas on a timeline for RC 2? I haven't put RC 1 through its paces just yet.

However, for my part, I haven't been using the chat dock on Beta 3, instead opting for a DisplayFusion-sectioned display to house some browser windows on my 21:9 monitor to house my Twitch stuffage (I normally use StreamElements' plugin, but since they don't have a portable edition, I don't use it there). Though to be fair, I don't miss the SE stuff; it's just nice to have.

--Katt. =^.^=

luisbustamante

Hi, even though the virtual camera is working fine for me in Sonoma, I get the following error when trying to start OBS using the --startvirtualcam option via the terminal:

"The virtual camera is not installed.
Please allow OBS to install system software in System
Settings → Privacy & Security →
Security.
You may need to restart OBS if this message still appears afterward."

I can click OK on that dialog box to continue but the virtual cam is not enabled at startup as it should using that command so I need to enable it manually.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling OBS but the problem persists.
Hello this problem persists in the current beta.

Padinn

SHould probably clarify - I don't think most of my browser sources are working anymore. Includes brower sources for alerts, ect.

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Hello this problem persists in the current beta.
The issue with --startvirtualcam on macOS seems to be due to the asynchronous nature of the Camera Extension code. It will not work as-is, and we may need to temporarily disable it until we can resolve it or work around it.

Also noticing my activity feed is not loading properly anymore in RC1 (Stream Elements custom dock source)
This is a known issue with the browser docks and browser source. It will be fixed in the next release.

Grumpus

Hi there! Every time I update to 30 RC1, my browser source overlay from Streamelements doesn't work - anything else works (google, other webpages). I've tried everything but the overlay just won't show, downgrading back to stable works every time. Any idea what causes this? HW accel on or off doesn't change anything.

Cheers!

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Hi there! Every time I update to 30 RC1, my browser source overlay from Streamelements doesn't work - anything else works (google, other webpages). I've tried everything but the overlay just won't show, downgrading back to stable works every time. Any idea what causes this? HW accel on or off doesn't change anything.

Cheers!
This is a known issue with the browser docks and browser source. It will be fixed in the next release.

millsj1134

Sorry to be short, but if I update to Sonoma will OBS 30 beta make it work most likely? Looking for an admin or heavy beta users opinion. I am fully aware that I might use something that renders it unusable for me - I am just looking for an experienced persons opinion. I can wait, but I wouldn't mind updating if all that's wrong is Virtual Cam (which might actually be fixed, now). I also might be able to find bugs and help - I just don't want to update and be really out of luck with the app simply not opening. Intel MacBook Pro

EdChyzowski

Why is the application audio capture, which is broken in OBS version 29, not fixed in this version? And is it still going to be released for Mac OS?
Oh! I wasn't aware OBS could grab audio from an application (New OBS User, so that's probably why). I ended up using Caster to pull my Desktop audio in, but that would be way better. Although since the Sonoma upgrade, I was dead in the water until I checked in this morning to see if v30 was available and will try this new release candidate.
GREAT WORK OBS TEAM.

BruhMovies

I'm super excited for this update. Just figured this would be the lightest way to leave my bug.

I'm on...
kUbuntu 23.10.
Flatpak | com.obsproject.Studio | 30.0.0-rc1
Trying to stream on that website that was recommended for testing, broadcast box.
But the moment I hit stream it closes instantly and I get this in the terminal:

info: --------------------------------- info: [x264 encoder: 'advanced_video_stream'] preset: veryfast info: [x264 encoder: 'advanced_video_stream'] tune: zerolatency info: [x264 encoder: 'advanced_video_stream'] settings: rate_control: CBR bitrate: 800 buffer size: 800 crf: 23 fps_num: 10 fps_den: 1 width: 1280 height: 720 keyint: 250 info: --------------------------------- info: [FFmpeg libopus encoder: 'adv_stream_audio'] bitrate: 160, channels: 2, channel_layout: stereo terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error' what(): Unable to generate ECDSA P-256 key pair

I wasn't able to find anything online related to this. ( or at least I wasn't able to find anything related to OBS with this. )
Just thought I should leave this here instead of saying nothing.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
RC2 is now available! This fixes the bug with browser sources, as well as several other reported issues.

Thanks to all the testers, and please let us know if you run in to further issues!

PaiSand

Just tried with my same setup on RC-2, same thing. Unfortunately.
Always attach or upload a log file using the feature for this that you find inside Help menu after perfroming a test stream/recording (the one you aim to) and paste the URL in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.