OBS Studio 30 RC

Status
Not open for further replies.

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
The YouTube Live Control Panel dock isn't allowing me to choose which channel it uses. I have multiple channels under my email address and it gives no option, just uses the default one which I don't use for content.
The YouTube Live Control Panel now allows selecting sub-accounts/channels (as of at least a few days ago).

goruru

The problem that did not occur in OBS 29.1.3 but has been occurring since OBS 30.0.0 beta2 (see link) was not resolved in beta3. Please confirm.

thank you very much.

The pull-down menu list is not displayed in a multi-display (dual display) environment.​

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
The problem that did not occur in OBS 29.1.3 but has been occurring since OBS 30.0.0 beta2 (see link) was not resolved in beta3. Please confirm.

thank you very much.

The pull-down menu list is not displayed in a multi-display (dual display) environment.​

This is a Qt 6.5.2 regression. It will be fixed in Qt 6.5.3, or if we backport the necessary patches.

DominicCarter

Has anyone tried using Sonoma ? It's in Release Candidate mode at the moment and presenter overlay isn't working. Wondering if it's limited to this version of OBS? Presenter overlay is the new green screen level features native on MacOS for any screen sharing and video conferencing app

Simeon

* v30 Beta 3 Seems To Freeze On Shutdown *
I tried searching this before posting, so thanks so much for the help.

This seemed to have been happening on the earlier v30 beta as well, so I rolled back to v29 stable but thought I would give beta 3 a shot.

I did a 2 hour plus live stream today and everything seemed to go just fine, the log file from the session was analyzed without producing any errors, but it seemed that when I tried shutting OBS down the GUI would sort of distort horizontally like it was being stretched and then just hand there. I then had to do a hard close.
On trying to restart I got the pop up to start in SAFE MODE or Normally, I chose NORMALLY.

Would there be any additional places to look for any type of Windows log file or something that might help to point out what might be causing this?

Thanks for the help.
Joyfully,
Simeon

PaiSand

Look inside Help menu. There you can access the log files.
Are you using a plugin or scrip? most probaly this needs to be updated.

Simeon

Look inside Help menu. There you can access the log files.
Are you using a plugin or scrip? most probaly this needs to be updated.
Thanks, PaiSand,
I have been uploading and analyzing the log files through the OBS help and I did not see any errors generated there, BUT looking at the text log file looks very interesting. I will upload the log file that was created right after my livestream yesterday to see if anyone can see any red flags.
Joyfully,
Simeon

Attachments

• 2023-09-21 14-33-14.txt
    137.6 KB · Views: 27

PaiSand

Log files looks normal and just fine
13 plugins? really? How many scripts?

Also, this thread is to report any issue with the beta release, not common issues with OBS or any third party plugin or script.

Simeon

Log files looks normal and just fine
13 plugins? really? How many scripts?

Also, this thread is to report any issue with the beta release, not common issues with OBS or any third party plugin or script.

PaiSand,
Yes, this started happening with v30 beta builds.
It happened with an earlier v30 beta so I rolled back to the stable public release version. With the latest beta I wanted to see how it would perform and the shutdown freeze repeated which caused me to post here.
I will look to clean up my plugins and remove those that might not be getting used to help with performance there might be something there that v30 is not fond of
There are three scripts running:
autostarter.lua
source-toggler.lua (I am using this in conjunction with Downstream Keyer)
zoom_and_follow_mouse.py

Thanks again for the help.
Simeon

KyleAndrew

I haven't seen it in any notes or anything yet, but is vertical streaming natively supported yet? Seems like a logical next step given that Instagram, Tik Tok and Youtube (soon) are all opening up the market to this streaming format. Mind you the plugin for doing so works most of the time, but native canvas support would be fantastic!

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
PaiSand,
Yes, this started happening with v30 beta builds.
It happened with an earlier v30 beta so I rolled back to the stable public release version. With the latest beta I wanted to see how it would perform and the shutdown freeze repeated which caused me to post here.
I will look to clean up my plugins and remove those that might not be getting used to help with performance there might be something there that v30 is not fond of
There are three scripts running:
autostarter.lua
source-toggler.lua (I am using this in conjunction with Downstream Keyer)
zoom_and_follow_mouse.py

Thanks again for the help.
Simeon
I would suggest trying to reproduce this without any plugins, or removing plugins until it no longer occurs, and then testing with only the most recently removed plugin installed. This doesn't sound like anything I've heard reported before.

No more LA_CBR for QSV? Currently on Beta 3
Lookahead is no longer selectable as a distinct rate control method. Use CBR and lookahead will be automatically configured if possible.

I haven't seen it in any notes or anything yet, but is vertical streaming natively supported yet? Seems like a logical next step given that Instagram, Tik Tok and Youtube (soon) are all opening up the market to this streaming format. Mind you the plugin for doing so works most of the time, but native canvas support would be fantastic!
If you just need to stream a single vertical canvas, you can just set the canvas resolution to a vertical orientation manually (1080x1920, 720x1280). The resolution options in OBS Settings -> Video let you freely type a resolution. If you need to record in a horizontal orientation while also streaming in a vertical orientation (or vice versa), then you must use a plugin for that.

Hi, all.

I'm kicking the tires on OBS Studio 30.0.0 Beta 3 on my four-PC streaming cluster. After unpacking my normal plugins (save StreamElements because there's no way to install it into a portable setup) and copying my config directories into my test directories (I know, I know, not necessarily a good idea but whatever), one of the four setups decided to crash and burn on me while the other three seemed to start without incident (there's always room for ... loss of improvement? :3).

Where do I start as far as troubleshooting in the logs, both normal and crash logs to find out where things went Significantly Sideways®? I'm pretty sure it'll be either a disagreeing plugin, a hosed config, but more than likely, a combination of both. And this is one of the LEAST complex configurations! My most complex one seems to start up like a champ.

It also bears noting that when I copied the config tree over from my working setup, I got "path too long" errors. Could that have any bearing? They appeared to originate from the browser cache directory tree that I could tell.

In the meantime, I'm going to try to do things the Normal Way® as well to see how much better I do.

Thanks in advance!

--Katt. =^.^=

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Where do I start as far as troubleshooting in the logs, both normal and crash logs to find out where things went Significantly Sideways®?
Yes, please provide the OBS regular log and a crash log for the session where the crash occurred.

Hi, all.

I'
(Words were said)
--Katt. =^.^=

I did the import thing and it seemed to work much better; it might likely be due to those issues I'd mentioned previously. But I'm just as interested to see what might have happened. I preserved the crime scene, however. :3

Yes, please provide the OBS regular log and a crash log for the session where the crash occurred.

Attached below. Going to work with the working install now. I was hoping to keep my config as unchanged as possible, but but my luck ran out with this machine (yes, I did the dumb thing of copying %APPDATA%\obs-studio to my "portable install" directory. It had worked just fine with the other three, but oh well; it's not the end of the world. :3).

--Katt. =^.^=

P.S. My current production environments are still running under 29.1.3 and have not been affected; I'm crazy, but not THAT crazy. ;3

Attachments

• 2023-09-30 18-02-34.txt
    10.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Crash 2023-09-30 18-02-36.txt
    57.2 KB · Views: 28
Ran a test stream with my normal plugin setups on the four computers involved, minus StreamElements on the pertinent systems because no portable install, but that's okay; I didn't need it. It held up solidly. It went much better than I had hoped. The only issues which arose were either due to me not setting conditions properly in the Advanced Scene Switcher plugin or a game deciding to crash. OBS Studio held true on all four computers.

I'm an extremely happy camper with how things went here.

--Katt. =^.^=

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Attached below. Going to work with the working install now. I was hoping to keep my config as unchanged as possible, but but my luck ran out with this machine (yes, I did the dumb thing of copying %APPDATA%\obs-studio to my "portable install" directory. It had worked just fine with the other three, but oh well; it's not the end of the world. :3).
Current assessment is that this is a Qt crash, but the cause is unclear. For now, you can avoid it by disabling the connect/disconnect notifications in WebSocket Server Settings.

agilebean

The mac virtualcam plugin doesn't work.
Is there any manual fix for this?

Code:
self.virtualcam = pyvirtualcam.Camera(

# set standard dimensions, see https://github.com/letmaik/pyvirtualcam/issues/110#issuecomment-1624273288

width=1280,

height=720,

fps=30,

device="OBS Virtual Camera",

fmt=pyvirtualcam.PixelFormat.BGR

)

logging.info(f'Using virtual camera: {self.virtualcam.device}')

throws error
Code:
RuntimeError: 'obs' backend: OBS Virtual Camera is not installed in your system. Use the Virtual Camera function in OBS to trigger installation.

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
The mac virtualcam plugin doesn't work.
Is there any manual fix for this?

Code:
RuntimeError: 'obs' backend: OBS Virtual Camera is not installed in your system. Use the Virtual Camera function in OBS to trigger installation.
As far as I know, you must click "Start Virtual Camera" in OBS to trigger the installation/enablement of the new Virtual Camera. The installation will only work if OBS is installed to /Applications. You may have to reboot your system after trying this once.

Status
Not open for further replies.