The pull-down menu list is not displayed in a multi-display (dual display) environment.

goruru

In beta version 3.0.0 beta2 of OBS, if you use a multi-display monitor (main/sub) and launch OBS, the OBS window will be displayed on the sub-display, and even if you move the window to the main monitor and exit , the next time you start OBS, it will be displayed on the sub display again and will not start on the main monitor screen.

In addition, pull-down menu lists such as File, Edit, and View do not work even if you click the mouse, and the property menu of the audio mixer becomes invalid as well.

When I disable the secondary display on a Windows system, it boots on the main monitor and no error occurs. However, the sub-display is of course invalid, so the sub-monitor cannot be displayed.

Since the main monitor has a resolution of 4K, this error occurs when OBS is set to "Override High DPI Scale" → "System" in Windows Compatibility "Change High DPI Settings".
However, if you disable high DPI scaling override, the pull-down menu list will be displayed, but the pull-down menu list will be displayed on the sub monitor and the OBS main window will be displayed on the main monitor, resulting in an error. .

This error does not occur in past OBS stable versions.
It does not occur in a multi-display environment on another computer, but only on a unique computer, so I doubt the compatibility of the graphic board (RTX3050) and OBS beta3.00.
In beta3.0.0, I think that the change from the stable version may be the cause of the error.

Please support me. thank you very much.

RonnieRukusTV

I'm having the same issue, along with window size scaling issues. I have a 3 monitor setup a 27 inch 4k in the center that I game on and (2) 24 inch 1080p monitors, one on each side. I normally have OBS on my left monitor with the chat docks for TikTok and Twitch on the right. Once I set it up that way it always opens that way. Since the update, OBS would open on a different screen and when I'd drag it to the left-most monitor, it would scale to like 200% and be huge. I'd then have to go into my display settings and switch the main monitors around and drag OBS back and forth to different monitors until is scaled properly on the left one. Still, even after doing all that, the drop down menu for file, edit, view, etc will always open on the far right monitor. I'm thinking about rolling back to 30.0.0 until these bugs get fixed. It's frustrating.

goruru

Exactly the same phenomenon.

The menu does not open and cannot be operated.

Or it is isolated and displayed on a monitor different from the monitor with the OBS window. Only the setting screen is placed on another monitor. and other errors.

If you move the main window to the monitor where the setting screen is displayed, it becomes operable, so even if the menu is working, it may have flown out of the monitor or is hidden. .

goruru

Thank you for your support.

29.1.3 does not have this problem.

Also, it does not occur in an environment with three 1920 x 1080 monitors connected.

For monitors that can output 4K resolution

It does not occur with a single connection of only one unit.
Occurs with 4k resolution and another monitor in a multi-monitor environment.

It occurs even if the graphics board is connected to a 4K monitor and another monitor is connected to the graphics function attached to the CPU.

In addition, you can capture this 4K monitor with OBS screen capture even if this error occurs.