OBS Studio 28.0 Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.

SocratesDionysus

OBS Studio 28.0 RC2 Application Audio Capture bug​

The following is a re-creatable bug which occurs when using Application Audio Capture BETA in OBS Studio RC2, causing OBS Studio to lose the sound from the audio capture.

Using Windows 10, Version 22H2 build 19045.1889.

1) When logged into Firestorm create a Game Capture Scene of Firestorm (Firestorm 6.5.6 (66221) 64 bit) logged in as any Second Life avatar, say Avatar_1 (any avatar).
2) When logged into Firestorm again create another Game Capture Scene of Firestorm logged in as another avatar, say Avatar_2 (any other avatar).
3) Create an Application Audio Capture for the first instance of Firestorm with Avatar_1 in Scene 1.
4) Create an Application Audio Capture for the second instance of Firestorm with Avatar_2 in Scene 2.
5) Create Scene 3 which contains both Application Audio Captures as reference copies and new windows of both instances of Firestorm at half size.
6) Save the settings, close OBS Studio 28.0 RC2.
7) Close both instances of Firestorm.
8) Reopen OBS Studio 28.0 RC2 and close it again.
9) Log in to Firestorm as Avatar_1.
10) Open OBS Studio 28.0 RC2. The audio from Firestorm will show on the VU meter.
11) Log in to Firestorm as Avatar_2 while still maintaining the first instance of Firestorm.
12) Switch between Scene 1, Scene 2, Scene 3 and back to Scene 1 and the audio from all instances is seen on all the VU meters.
13) Log out of Firestorm as Avatar_2.
14) The sound is still present in Scene 1 from the first instance of Firestorm as Avatar_1
15) Close OBS Studio.
16) Reopen OBS Studio and you will find that the Application Audio Capture from Firestorm logged in as Avatar_1 no longer works. There is no sound on the VU meter and when you click on Advanced Audio Properties on the menu, the Application Audio Capture for the first instance of Firestorm with Avatar_1 has the L - R Balance control greyed out.
17) Close OBS Studio.
18) Open OBS Studio again.
19) Now the Application Audio Capture for the first instance of Firestorm with Avatar_1 is restored to working order and the L - R Balance control is no longer greyed out.

Some of these steps such as 5) may not be necessary to recreate this bug.

Can the OBS Studio developers please fix this bug since it caused me to lose over half an hour of audio at the start of a live stream last night https://youtu.be/aVzDo97gEWI.

UPDATE: The bug is also reproducible by opening OBS Studio 28.0 RC2 then closing it and then opening it again and so on. Every second time OBS Studio is opened Application Audio Capture fails to capture any sound and OBS Studio needs to be closed and opened again for the audio capture to work, but the next time OBS Studio is closed and then opened the audio capture fails again.

UPDATE 2: Setting Application Audio Capture to Window Title Must Match instead of the default setting seems to fix the problem.

djizle

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but im having a wierd issue in that after a random amount of time (could be 10 min, or could be 30 min) i will lose internet when im streaming, anything that is already connected works fine, and the stream as well. but if i say hit refresh in any panel , try to load a webpage , or log into to a different game account nothing works, the second i close OBS bam the internet starts working again. i have had to go back to stable even though i love this new version oh so much. since i have 2 network adapters i did attempt to assign obs to the 2nd NIC , just to see if it was adapter specific , but nope that did not work.

Suslik V

...the interpretation of colors in the P010 format when it comes from the capture card
I looked into SDK of the AVerMedia DirectShow filters and I see only AV_PIX_FMT_YUYV422 that is not P010, maybe the DirectShow graph not complete (missing 4:2:2>4:2:0 filter or in other words how the P210 becomes P010). Try to ask manufacturer of the device if the DirectShow output of the card is actually P010 (4:2:0).

Edit:
The pink tint issue was mentioned here:

Last edited:

SocratesDionysus

Another bug in OBS Studio 28.0 RC2 Application Audio Capture​

If you capture the audio from an application using Application Audio Capture and reduce the gain on the OBS Studio fader in the Windows 10 audio mixer, the gain of the audio channel of the application you are capturing in OBS Studio also goes down by the same amount, but there is no indication of reduced gain on the OBS Studio mixer. You might be reducing the gain of OBS Studio if you are sending audio from OBS Studio such as music to monitor speakers or headphones and want to listen at a resoluble volume level without affecting to audio level from other applications which is going straight through to the same system speakers or headphones.
This is a serious bug in Application Audio Capture since if you lower the gain of OBS Studio to zero (-infinity dB) in the Windows 10 audio mixer the audio you are trying to capture will be completely muted as well without this being indicated in the OBS Studio mixer user interface, thus causing you to lose the entire recording without knowing. You don't spend all day watching the OBS Studio audio VU meters when you are recoding yourself playing a game and your concentration is on game play, not audio which you expect to be recorded properly at full volume.
Can this bug please be fixed before release?

azaire1180

Bonjour, c'est encore moi ^^

Je reviens vers vous au sujet de l'audio.

J'ai constaté que sur les versions Windows, il est possible de gérer l'audio directement dans obs.

Ma question est la suivante : aurons-nous la même gestion sur mac ARM ? (voice meeter) intégrer dans obs

Je vois qu'il y a une note, l'enregistrement audio nécessite des macos 13 ou plus. (Est-ce que cela concerne également le MAC ARM ?)

Parce que j'aimerais avoir l'audio de mes jeux sans passer par Wavelink parce que je suis Apple M1 et qu'il n'y a pas beaucoup de solution pour nous.

Parce que si ma musique est strike, j'aimerais séparer la piste des jeux vod afin de garder le son des jeux.

Pas facile à moins que vous ne puissiez avoir le son du jeu sur obs.

J'ai encore un point à soulever concernant l'audio depuis la version bêta :

Obs + Wavelink + Spotify + Discords.

J'ai remarqué que lorsque vous avez trop d'application audio, cela se produit des bogues dans mon streaming et je dois tout redémarrer et parfois plusieurs fois, sauf que je n'ai pas eu ce problème auparavant.

question rapide : capture de fenêtre ou application qui utilise mon GPU ?

merci

Capture d’écran 2022-08-31 à 03.19.25.png

Capture d'écran 2022-08-31 à 03.06.41.png

Last edited:

thanthapy

OBS Studio 28.0 RC 2 Still has a muti-track high FPS Recording issue where after recording/replay buffering even for a few seconds the programm wont let you stop, save or start a new recording without force-closing it.

Not sure, but this might be a better description of my issue:(https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/issues/2855)

Basicaly OBS started having issues recording/replay buffering when I've set audio input and output capture to two different audio tracks while recording at 144 FPS.

Sonana1

It won't recognize my canon 80d for some reason. Was reading it fine on 17. It won't show it on the list of devices in the properties for video capture device.

TigerBlitzXD

I know that it's still a BETA and you're still working on it, but do you intend to make it like the old plugin?
I'm asking this because the old plugin you put a list of executables that you want the source to or not to play.
1661943888543.png

Harima

The asus cu4k30 should be supported. But you can only choose „nv12“ or „yuy2“ as video format. And when you select „rec.2100(pq)“ as color space the screen gets black. What are the correct settings for that supported capture card?

MykeJD

I got NDI working using this version: https://github.com/kilinbox/obs-ndi/releases/tag/4.9.1 though I used the libndi.dylib from the SDK rather than from the tools. (symlink from the actual file to /usr/local/lib/libndi.4.dylib where the plugin expects it).
MacOS refuses to open it at first as it's not signed, so you have to go into the Security & Privacy preference pane and authorize it from there (after the failure to open), then restart OBS.
Is there a way to do this on Windows?, I've tried downloading the installer and copying the files but still says not suopported, so does this fix only work for another OS for now?

Cheers :)

Last edited:

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Any other image imported into OBS works correctly, even videos recorded in HDR, including HDR recordings made in Avermedia Recentral.
The problem in my point of view is the interpretation of colors in the P010 format when it comes from the capture card or OBS is unable to enable HDR mode on that card and then capture in P010 correctly.
@R4NIERI
We're aware of an issue with the GC553 tonemapping. We likely won't have it fixed by the time OBS 28 is released, but we are aware of it and believe we know how to resolve it. It should be part of a bugfix/hotfix release in the near future.

On some games (especially Assetto Corsa), picture appears to be totally washed in screen capture. I always have to load a game capture to have a clear image.
On the previous versions this worked flawlessly on a screen capture.
Also on the loading screen image is blinking between washed and clear image, and filters won't work. I'll add I've not edited any of my video settings.
Any clue ?
Thanks in advance.
@Sebbbl
Game Capture is preferred over Display Capture. That said, the low luminance could happen if you're using Display Capture on an HDR screen with an SDR game. Moreso with WGC capture which locks SDR to 160 nits. It would be best to have a log from where the problem occurs, rather than a log where it's working fine.

OBS Studio 28.0 RC2 Application Audio Capture bug​

The following is a re-creatable bug which occurs when using Application Audio Capture BETA in OBS Studio RC2, causing OBS Studio to lose the sound from the audio capture.

UPDATE 2: Setting Application Audio Capture to Window Title Must Match instead of the default setting seems to fix the problem.
@SocratesDionysus
As you discovered, this is not a bug. It's defined behavior of the "Window Match Priority" setting.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but im having a wierd issue in that after a random amount of time (could be 10 min, or could be 30 min) i will lose internet when im streaming, anything that is already connected works fine, and the stream as well. but if i say hit refresh in any panel , try to load a webpage , or log into to a different game account nothing works, the second i close OBS bam the internet starts working again. i have had to go back to stable even though i love this new version oh so much. since i have 2 network adapters i did attempt to assign obs to the 2nd NIC , just to see if it was adapter specific , but nope that did not work.
@djizle
We would need a log file of when the issue occurred and reliable steps to reproduce the issue to investigate.

Another bug in OBS Studio 28.0 RC2 Application Audio Capture​

If you capture the audio from an application using Application Audio Capture and reduce the gain on the OBS Studio fader in the Windows 10 audio mixer, the gain of the audio channel of the application you are capturing in OBS Studio also goes down by the same amount, but there is no indication of reduced gain on the OBS Studio mixer. You might be reducing the gain of OBS Studio if you are sending audio from OBS Studio such as music to monitor speakers or headphones and want to listen at a resoluble volume level without affecting to audio level from other applications which is going straight through to the same system speakers or headphones.
This is a serious bug in Application Audio Capture since if you lower the gain of OBS Studio to zero (-infinity dB) in the Windows 10 audio mixer the audio you are trying to capture will be completely muted as well without this being indicated in the OBS Studio mixer user interface, thus causing you to lose the entire recording without knowing. You don't spend all day watching the OBS Studio audio VU meters when you are recoding yourself playing a game and your concentration is on game play, not audio which you expect to be recorded properly at full volume.
Can this bug please be fixed before release?
@SocratesDionysus
This happens with regular device audio capture as well. As far as we know, it's usually the result of some kind of audio processing being in the mix.

Bonjour, c'est encore moi ^^

Je reviens vers vous au sujet de l'audio.

J'ai constaté que sur les versions Windows, il est possible de gérer l'audio directement dans obs.

Ma question est la suivante : aurons-nous la même gestion sur mac ARM ? (voice meeter) intégrer dans obs

Je vois qu'il y a une note, l'enregistrement audio nécessite des macos 13 ou plus. (Est-ce que cela concerne également le MAC ARM ?)

Parce que j'aimerais avoir l'audio de mes jeux sans passer par Wavelink parce que je suis Apple M1 et qu'il n'y a pas beaucoup de solution pour nous.

Parce que si ma musique est strike, j'aimerais séparer la piste des jeux vod afin de garder le son des jeux.

Pas facile à moins que vous ne puissiez avoir le son du jeu sur obs.

J'ai encore un point à soulever concernant l'audio depuis la version bêta :

Obs + Wavelink + Spotify + Discords.

J'ai remarqué que lorsque vous avez trop d'application audio, cela se produit des bogues dans mon streaming et je dois tout redémarrer et parfois plusieurs fois, sauf que je n'ai pas eu ce problème auparavant.

question rapide : capture de fenêtre ou application qui utilise mon GPU ?

merci
@azaire1180
I have found that on Windows versions it is possible to handle audio directly in obs.

My question is: will we have the same management on mac ARM? (voice meeter) integrate into obs

I see there is a note, audio recording requires macos 13 or above. (Does this also apply to the MAC ARM?)
No, they will not have exactly the same audio management. Windows and macOS handle system audio differently. Direct audio recording using "macOS Screen Capture" (ScreenCaptureKit) requires macOS 13, but does not require Apple Silicon.

I have one more point to raise regarding audio since beta: Obs + Wavelink + Spotify + Discords. I have noticed that when you have too much audio application it causes bugs in my streaming and I have to restart everything and sometimes many times except I haven't had this problem before.
As with any issue, we would likely need to see a log file from when this occurs. We would also need a more specific description of what kind of bugs you're experiencing.

quick question: window capture or application using my GPU?
They use GPU.

OBS Studio 28.0 RC 2 Still has a muti-track high FPS Recording issue where after recording/replay buffering even for a few seconds the programm wont let you stop, save or start a new recording without force-closing it.

Not sure, but this might be a better description of my issue:(https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/issues/2855)

Basicaly OBS started having issues recording/replay buffering when I've set audio input and output capture to two different audio tracks while recording at 144 FPS.
@thanthapy
As you've discovered, this is not a new issue. In this thread, we'd like to focus on issues that are new or specific to the OBS Studio 28 beta/RC releases or new features introduced in OBS Studio 28.

It won't recognize my canon 80d for some reason. Was reading it fine on 17. It won't show it on the list of devices in the properties for video capture device.
@Sonana1
OBS Studio 17 is quite old. Did you mean OBS Studio 27? I'm honestly not sure what would cause this. We would probably need to see a log from a successful connection in a version of OBS Studio where it worked and a log from a version where it does not work.

I know that it's still a BETA and you're still working on it, but do you intend to make it like the old plugin?
I'm asking this because the old plugin you put a list of executables that you want the source to or not to play.
@TigerBlitzXD
Not at this time, no. If the win-capture-audio plugin meets your needs, then we recommend that you continue to use it.

The asus cu4k30 should be supported. But you can only choose „nv12“ or „yuy2“ as video format. And when you select „rec.2100(pq)“ as color space the screen gets black. What are the correct settings for that supported capture card?
@Harima
Rec. 2100 is not supported with NV12/YUY2. If P010 is not showing up, the device isn't offering an HDR stream. Please ensure that you have updated the CU4K30 to the latest firmware. Also, please verify that the stream passed to the CU4K30 is HDR and that the device resolution matches the resolution of the captured content.

R4NIERI

We're aware of an issue with the GC553 tonemapping. We likely won't have it fixed by the time OBS 28 is released, but we are aware of it and believe we know how to resolve it. It should be part of a bugfix/hotfix release in the near future.
Thank you very much for clarifying.
I'm very happy that OBS is the best app for live creators, thanks to this effort.
I'm even more excited for the release and especially for the hotfix on this in the future.

mikeymitts

Just curious if anyone has results to report from this beta so far? I've been running OBS 27.2.4 on my Mac Studio for a little while now, and I'm finally in a place where things seem to be stable and performing exactly how I want them to. However, I'm curious if the optimization for Apple Silicon would be even better. I'm just hesitant to make any changes now (especially if its in Beta) that would cause more headaches. Any insight you can offer would be much help / appreciated. Also, I'm a HUGE N00B when it comes to the specific intricacies of this platform, so your responses might go over my head.

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Just curious if anyone has results to report from this beta so far? I've been running OBS 27.2.4 on my Mac Studio for a little while now, and I'm finally in a place where things seem to be stable and performing exactly how I want them to. However, I'm curious if the optimization for Apple Silicon would be even better. I'm just hesitant to make any changes now (especially if its in Beta) that would cause more headaches. Any insight you can offer would be much help / appreciated. Also, I'm a HUGE N00B when it comes to the specific intricacies of this platform, so your responses might go over my head.
Without a more specific question, it's difficult to answer this. For some people, the Apple Silicon builds are much more performant, so they switched as soon as they could. For others, they prefer waiting for a stable build. For yet others, they rely on third-party plugins that have not yet been updated to be compatible with OBS Studio 28 on Apple Silicon, so they will not switch until those plugins are available. In every case, it comes down to your specific needs and preferences. You are, of course, always free to try out OBS Studio 28. Your scene collections and profiles are stored separately from the application itself, so I'm not sure what changes you would have to make, unless you rely on third-party plugins that are not yet available. If OBS Studio 28 doesn't meet your needs, you can rollback to an earlier version of OBS Studio. If OBS Studio 27.2.4 works fine for you, you can continue to use it as long as you like. We do not install application updates without user interaction.

videored

Anyone has any idea why this happens? With the new AMD encoder the recording (And stream if I try) runs fine but eventually (Usually in a minute or two) the skipped frames due to encoding lag start to dramatically go up and eventually turn red (And the percentage goes quite higher as time goes on too)

1662129104885.png

My encoding graph suddenly looks like this
1662129275287.png

CPU usage stays quite stable and nothing really lags on my end, it's just the recording and stream that start to skip frames like there's no tomorrow. This is my current configuration:

1662129451362.png

You guys can probably see what's up I guess. I used something similar with the older encoder in OBS 27 and everything worked just fine. Never had these weird spikes that DO NOT stop afterwards, it just keeps going up.

videored

I could not find the edit button so I'll just post here. I forgot to mention that I was using AMF in the previous version of OBS. I think this was my last stable configuration:

1662135383196.png

1662135391419.png

What's the equivalent to this in OBS 28? I can't pick that particular encoder anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.