OBS stream issues with low gpu and cpu load

Mochread

Hello all! i am still having issues with my obs. My OBS always drops down to as little as 2fps while recording or streaming . it seems to always having issues with the encoder being overloaded yet my cpu and gpu almost never go over 70% use.

My PC specs are:
RTX 2060
i9-10900k
MEG 490- godlike
16g ram

A issue I have been having is the log files havent been actually logging my record sessions or streams properly but here seems to be a complete one that should have all the information.

Any help is greatly appreciated I have been trying to fix this for months at this point

Attachments

• 2021-12-02 10-26-14.txt
    319 KB · Views: 22

Lawrence_SoCal

My $0.02
- test when not using WiFi as you are clearly having network issues (it may not be WiFi, but also could easily be)
- StreamElements plugin is a PoS, imho. From a testing/troubleshooting perspective, try disabling/uninstalling that thing and test again

10:38:03.331: Output 'adv_stream': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 2109 (10.8%)
10:38:03.331: Output 'adv_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 294 (1.5%)
10:38:03.333: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 2117/19352 (10.9%)

13:46:18.956: Output 'adv_stream': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 14238 (35.2%)
13:46:18.956: Output 'adv_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 413 (1.0%)
13:46:18.959: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 14510/40420 (35.9%)

This isn't my area, so hopefully someone else more knowledgeable than I will comment
- it would appear an issue with your streaming/recording settings causing rendering/encoding lag
from another thread, possibly relevant to your situation ??
Disable Psychovisual Tuning. It's currently on. It, along with Lookahead and the Max Quality preset, can cause massive amounts of rendering and encoding lag even on systems that should not otherwise experience them.

Use the Quality preset, and make sure both PVT and Lookahead are disabled.

I would also recommend uninstalling the StreamElements OBS.Live plugin. It makes several changes to core OBS Studio files and replaces them with inferior versions, along with (as Lawrence noted) puking all over the log and making it hard to diagnose. All SE OBS.Live functionality can be added to base OBS Studio via Custom Docks.

The big one is to turn OFF Psychovisual Tuning though.
and
1. In many cases, wireless connections can cause issues because of their unstable nature. Streaming really requires a stable connection. Often wireless connections are fine, but if you have problems, the first troubleshooting step would be to switch to wired. We highly recommend streaming on wired connections.
2. To ensure that OBS Studio has the hardware resources it needs for realtime streaming and recording, we recommend disabling the "Game DVR Background Recording" feature via these instructions.
and possibly
1. The new Windows 10 Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling ("HAGS") added with version 2004 is currently known to cause performance and capture issues with OBS, games and overlay tools. It's a new and experimental feature and we recommend disabling it via these instructions.
not sure if this is still the case with Win10 21H2

Last edited: