Resource icon

OBS Lua OBS Stats on Stream v2.1

Would it be possible to get current recording time for this?
Implemented in v1.1. Use $recording_duration variable. The format is: hh:mm:ss.

It's also dependant on your active fps, so if it goes down, the calculated duration will be incorrect.

Hi there, I am a little new to installing .lua files, I did follow in the instuctions and I am mainly looking for the dropped fames stat to display on my screen. I can't seem in the text source what I point it to?

Hi there, I am a little new to installing .lua files, I did follow in the instuctions and I am mainly looking for the dropped fames stat to display on my screen. I can't seem in the text source what I point it to?

1) create a text source

2) in script settings, choose this text source

if nothing is there - press reload scripts button

3) for displaying the dropped frames $dropped_frames, $dropped_total_frames and $dropped_percents variables are used

Thank you for the reply, can you please also tell me what would cause Congestion? Seems that when I get some congestion, I drop frames. I am attempting to work with my ISP and get my upload issues resolved.

Thank you for the reply, can you please also tell me what would cause Congestion? Seems that when I get some congestion, I drop frames. I am attempting to work with my ISP and get my upload issues resolved.
Congestion refers to network instability and overloading. A reason for it to appear can be ISP, your router and it's settings, your PC and it's settings (particularly your network card). You can enable "Dynamically change bitrate to manage congestion" feature and "Enable network optimizations" feature in OBS advanced settings to fight congestion.

Congestion refers to network instability and overloading. A reason for it to appear can be ISP, your router and it's settings, your PC and it's settings (particularly your network card). You can enable "Dynamically change bitrate to manage congestion" feature and "Enable network optimizations" feature in OBS advanced settings to fight congestion.
Yep! I found a post in the forums here, that pointed out that option. I did enable it and the dropped frames and congestion have stopped, but if I understand correctly, that is kind of a Band-Aid? For the past 4 weeks, I have been suffering from inconsistent upload speeds.

Now the "Dynamically change bitrate" feature is nice and I can see my bitrate going up and down from 3000 to 6000, so I am using your script to display that, thanks!

I have a question / request - can the information that you allow to be displayed, can it be logged to a text file?

Yep! I found a post in the forums here, that pointed out that option. I did enable it and the dropped frames and congestion have stopped, but if I understand correctly, that is kind of a Band-Aid? For the past 4 weeks, I have been suffering from inconsistent upload speeds.

Now the "Dynamically change bitrate" feature is nice and I can see my bitrate going up and down from 3000 to 6000, so I am using your script to display that, thanks!

I have a question / request - can the information that you allow to be displayed, can it be logged to a text file?

I've been thinking about logging data into file recently. So since the feature is requested I will implement it soon.

Can you tell me what you calculates congestion from? I ask, because that indicator always pegs when frames start to drop for me.
The value is take directly from OBS. How it is calculated is unknown to me. Devs just described it as follows: "This value is used to visualize the current congestion of a network output. For example, if there is no congestion, the value will be 0.0f, if it's fully congested, the value will be 1.0f".
Congestion and frame drops happening at the same time is an expected behavior. Frames drop because of reasons reflected in a congestion value.