Question / Help OBS started to crash this week after 2 years without any problem. At least one crash every session

Aishuu

Hey everyone !

I've been using OBS without any problem for more than 2 years now, and for no apparent reasons (I tried to disable many things to pinpoint the problem) it started crashing during my streams. I have to kill the process and reload OBS, so it's quite detrimental to my streams since a lot of viewers / hosts are sent off everytime it's putting the stream offline.

It seems to only happen when I switch to a specific scene to another specific scene, but again, I don't know what It's causing that.

Yesterday It crashed 4 times during a 24h stream marathon, so I got plenty of logs if It can give you any idea.

Thanks a lot in advance for any help you could give.
See ya :) !

Attachments

• 2019-09-28 18-18-56.txt
    288.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 2019-09-28 16-33-14.txt
    297.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 2019-09-28 15-52-25.txt
    192.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 2019-09-28 14-36-31.txt
    560.1 KB · Views: 24

Harold

Does the problem occur when you uninstall the streamelements plugin and reinstall just the base obs?

Aishuu

I didn't try to uninstall it, as I thought it could be unrelated : it didn't crash before while having SE plugin, and I didn't update it or touch anything when it started to go crazy :(. I will try to remove it anyway, I'm not able to reproduce it, at least not while being offline. When I'm live I just know that If I press that change scene button on my stream deck it MAY crash. It's so scary >.<

Aishuu

Ok, I don't know if it can help find the problem, but I tried to switch to OBS Studio (not the Live.OBS (streamelements) version).

When I closed it, it crashed and showed the last same line common to the others crash reports/logs from the previous crashes :

00:31:56.224: ==== Shutting down ==================================================
00:31:56.285: Switched to scene '(null)'
00:31:56.673: MP: av_read_frame failed: Immediate exit requested (-1414092869)

Could it be something interesting ?

Aishuu

That was the one. It happened when I normally closed the software, without streaming, so that's not exactly the crash that it's usually happening to me, but it has the same last line in the log.

Attachments

• 2019-09-30 00-30-47.txt
    151.6 KB · Views: 25

Aishuu

I wasn't on stream but it crashed again while changing to another scene.

A bunch of :

00:36:24.163: error: get_buffer() failed
00:36:24.163: error: reget_buffer() failed

and then again this line :

00:36:24.164: MP: av_read_frame failed: Cannot allocate memory (-12)

Please can someone help, I tried everything, uninstall + fresh installed, cleaned every sources and deleted all the stuff I wasn't using anymore, I had no problem before and it's going crazy :(

Attachments

• 2019-10-01 00-22-12.txt
    146.4 KB · Views: 18

Aishuu

Ok, indeed it wasn't uninstalled.

I made a new installation of OBS and uninstalled the SE Plugin.

I now managed to make it crash on purpose : I just quickly switch between two scenes, and it crashes the exact same way it crashes when I stream. So... Could it be something that is actually trying to switch my scenes multiple times in a short amount of time ?

Attachments

• 2019-10-01 03-37-31.txt
    91.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 2019-10-01 03-39-42.txt
    81.2 KB · Views: 19

Tux Prowess

Try wiping your profile and configuration files. It's possible something's corrupt or depending on old, buggy settings.

Aishuu

So I made a fresh install of OBS, didn't reinstall the StreamElements Plugin, it was fine yesterday but happened to crash today again for no reason.

I cleaned all my scenes and removed everything that was not useful, I still don't know why it's crashing. Can someone confirm to me that wiping my profile and rebuilding my scenes is the only option I got left ? Maybe there's one more thing to try before doing that tedious job ?

Thanks !

Attachments

• 2019-10-04 14-36-46.txt
    85.4 KB · Views: 39

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
One of your media sources is causing the issue. If you're able to come by the Discord and ping me I can get you an updated source which logs which one is causing the error.

I would also strongly suggest splitting your scenes into different scene collections as you have a lot of sources!