Question / Help OBS shows stable 60fps but stream/video stutters

Dziamgol

Hey!
I have a problem. Whenever I stream/record my obs shows 60fps but the video stutters. I know that my computer is not causing it. I tried to find a solution on my own but it was too difficult.
My PC:
CPU: i7-9700k 3.6Ghz
GPU: GTX 1060 6GB
RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz
The usage of both cpu and gpu doesn't exceed ~60/70% while streaming. I don't have any rendering lag. My internet connection is also very good.
I think that important thing is when obs is set at 60fps I play on 75hz monitor and have chat, dashboard etc. on the second one, which is 60hz.
I tried to swap nvenc to x264 or change bitrate but it didn't help.
My friend streams on 144hz monitor with in-game fps capped above 60 and his video doesn't stutter
Is there any solution to fix it and make stream smooth except changing 75hz to 60hz/locking fps to 60?
There's example of stuttering:
https://clips.twitch.tv/SaltyBravePlumBrainSlug (look at the ball's movement)

Dziamgol

I'm updating my windows 10 from 1809 to 1903 right now and I hope that will help
Edit: Didn't worked :(

Last edited:

Dziamgol

Thanks for your reply!
I have to say that if I understood everything right then links you posted aren't about my problem. I don't have any problem with downgrading performance by obs of the 75hz monitor, it works properly and I have stable 75fps on it. The main problem is that game captured by obs from that main monitor (where is displayed perfectly) is stuttering on stream/video.
Also I forgot to say that everything with obs worked fine on my old PC (i7-3700, GTX 1060 and 10GB of ddr3 ram) and I was able to stream smoothly without downgrading my monitor from 75 to 60hz.
Here's an example:
https://www.twitch.tv/dziamgol/clip/VenomousLuckyKumquatPunchTrees?filter=clips&range=all&sort=time
I used the same setup of monitors/cables that I'm using atm.

Edit: After next couple hours of researching I think my obs duplicate frames and that causes stuttering.

Last edited: