OBS Scene Timer

Free OBS Scene Timer v2.0.2

mattharris

I've found a couple of other issues for which I've submitted PRs.

First was to resolve a failing test in my environment as well as dealing with repackaging signed dependencies in the release jar.

Second is to cope with the situation I have observed where the duration of the scenes are not always being updated in the UI despite having been read correctly. This might well help with the issue of @roelm:
If I use the exe remote I don't see the Duration time they still on 0 all

But I must say that I am REALLY grateful for this tool as it adds a much needed functionality.

Thanks again for developing this.

sampie777

sampie777 updated OBS Scene Timer with a new update entry:

v1.2.0

A new update! This new update contains the following:
  • Configuration can now be edited via it's own GUI. Head to Menu -> Configuration. After changing the settings, click Save and restart the application. Now longer editing config files :D
  • The two main panels (left and right) are now resizable
  • SceneLogger will log application exit with an timestamp and empty scene name value
  • Made notification icon less noticeable if there are no new notifications
  • Also gave notification...

Read the rest of this update entry...

sampie777

In this new version, the following has been added / changed:
  • No more struggles to figure out IP addresses: use the new Network Scanner to scan your local network for OBS websockets (on default ports 4444)
  • Added themes: Light (default) and Dark (experimental). This will remove the ability to customize the timer background color. This can now be done in creating new themes. See the...

Prod.Fusion

Great thread!
I'm having some trouble, and have exhausted all my reading to fix it.

I have installed the web-socket and the jar file which launches..

However I notice the following problems:
1. OBS constantly notifies me that the web-socket is constantly connecting and disconnecting
2. The scene timer constantly says 'OBS loading scenes...' - but never does
3. I assume this is because of the constant disconnection because I can see that scene timer recognises the current scene i have loaded in OBS, and will reset the timer when i change it (but not always).

I've attached a screenshot. Any help would be welcomed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-31 at 3.41.17 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-31 at 3.41.17 pm.png
    279.4 KB · Views: 86

sampie777

Great thread!

1. OBS constantly notifies me that the web-socket is constantly connecting and disconnecting
3. I assume this is because of the constant disconnection because I can see that scene timer recognises the current scene i have loaded in OBS, and will reset the timer when i change it (but not always).

I see that your problem might be explained by this answer: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/obs-scene-queue.122858/#post-461647

Both applications use the same websocket client. So I might need to look into flexible scaling the message size limit inside the client. Could you give me an estimate about how many scenes with how many sources you have? Like 40 scenes with each 1 or 2 sources?

sampie777

Great thread!

I've created a new snapshot version: 1.4.1-SNAPSHOT. It's not an official release yet, but I've doubled the message size. Please try this version and let me know if it works for you.

sampie777

1.4.1-SNAPSHOT is available

In this pre-release, the following has been added/changed:
  • Implemented password authentication with secured websockets
  • Window position and size can be restored (you can disable this in the settings)
  • Added file logging (you can turn this on in the settings, log file will be created in your system's temp folder)
  • Websocket scanning timeout is adjustable. If the scanner cannot find your OBS, try increasing this timeout
  • Increased maximum message size received from OBS...

Prod.Fusion

I've created a new snapshot version: 1.4.1-SNAPSHOT. It's not an official release yet, but I've doubled the message size. Please try this version and let me know if it works for you.

Thanks for the effort sample777, but I nothing has changed on my end.
I've attached a screenshot with all of the settings etc, to see if it's something I've done wrong.

I really appreciate the help!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 10.49.48 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 10.49.48 pm.png
    383.8 KB · Views: 60

sampie777

Thanks for the effort sample777, but I nothing has changed on my end.
I've attached a screenshot with all of the settings etc, to see if it's something I've done wrong.

I really appreciate the help!

Strange, could you try the same thing, but with an (almost) empty scene collection in OBS?

1. Just create a New scene collection, using the "Scene Collection" menu in the upper top screen in OBS
  2. Relaunch OBS Scene Timer
  3. Check the result: are the scenes loading? (It will only be one scene, because a new scene collection starts with only one scene)
  4. If yes: I would like to review your OBS log file when you have all of your scenes loaded (using "Scene Collection" menu, you can reload your original collection, probably named "Untitled") and OBS Scene Timer is trying to connect. OBS log files are found under Help -> Log Files -> View current log.
  5. If no: I can't believe it. Turn logging on in Settings of OBS Scene Timer. Maybe even start the application using the terminal: java -jar obs-scene-timer-1.4.1-SNAPSHOT.jar -v, but this is optional as it uses a lot of resources for all the extra logging. Then, send me the log file, which can be found in the location specified in the Info screen of OBS Scene Timer (under Application menu).
You can upload the log files here.

Miran

I tried the program and it works great. Congratulations and thanks.
My suggestion is that a red background appears when the time is just before the expiration (maybe 5 or 3 or 1 seconds). This time should be adjustable. So you know when to act. When the time is 0 seconds it is too late - the screen is already black.

Prod.Fusion

Strange, could you try the same thing, but with an (almost) empty scene collection in OBS?

1. Just create a New scene collection, using the "Scene Collection" menu in the upper top screen in OBS
  3. Check the result: are the scenes loading? (It will only be one scene, because a new scene collection starts with only one scene)
  4. If yes: I would like to review your OBS log file when you have all of your scenes loaded (using "Scene Collection" menu, you can reload your original collection, probably named "Untitled") and OBS Scene Timer is trying to connect. OBS log files are found under Help -> Log Files -> View current log.
  5. If no: I can't believe it. Turn logging on in Settings of OBS Scene Timer. Maybe even start the application using the terminal: java -jar obs-scene-timer-1.4.1-SNAPSHOT.jar -v, but this is optional as it uses a lot of resources for all the extra logging. Then, send me the log file, which can be found in the location specified in the Info screen of OBS Scene Timer (under Application menu).

Thanks for the help!
Yes when I use a new scene selection with only one scene, it works!
I've uploaded my log file for you to look at to see if we can solve the problem.
Thanks again.

f33l1n

This is great the only thing that would be dope if it were possible to have this integrated right into a dock within OBS

orancodu

hasta la semana pasada me funciono muy bien, hoy conecta con el websocket pero no me carga las escenas, o cuando carga las escenas no identifica el tiempo de cada una o no realiza el cambio de la escena, agradezco alguna guia

Paramike

OBS-Scene-Timer is one of the best OBS Plugins I use however I do have several suggestions.

1. I keep an icon on the start bar and I always can’t see the clock. If it could be possible to show the icon change colors (like when windows are updating it shows the icon changing colors from left to right).

2. grouping scenes, an example I have a scene: A Host, B Co-host, and C on Guest. I bounce the camera back on forth. Currently the scene changes or updates time each time I change scenes. I cannot have one time for all 3.

Prod.Fusion

Did you

Hey sampie777,
Did you haver any luck with what I sent?
Any help you can offer would be amazing!

Many thanks.

sampie777

Did you

Hey sampie777,
Did you haver any luck with what I sent?
Any help you can offer would be amazing!

Many thanks.

Hi Prod.Fusion,

I've responded to your log file in the same issue to keep things organized. Let's discuss any more details in that issue on BitBucket. Here's the link to the issue:

Otherwise, you can start a private conversation with me in order to not overflow this thread with our problem fixing ;)

sampie777

I tried the program and it works great. Congratulations and thanks.
My suggestion is that a red background appears when the time is just before the expiration (maybe 5 or 3 or 1 seconds). This time should be adjustable. So you know when to act. When the time is 0 seconds it is too late - the screen is already black.

Thanks for the feedback.

Currently, the background turns orange just before expiration. The exact threshold can be adjusted in the settings. Default is 30 seconds for durations greater than 60 seconds. (And 10 seconds for durations between 20 and 60 seconds). Looks like you are refering to this. Check your settings if you haven't accidentally overridden these values.

sampie777

OBS-Scene-Timer is one of the best OBS Plugins I use however I do have several suggestions.

1. I keep an icon on the start bar and I always can’t see the clock. If it could be possible to show the icon change colors (like when windows are updating it shows the icon changing colors from left to right).

2. grouping scenes, an example I have a scene: A Host, B Co-host, and C on Guest. I bounce the camera back on forth. Currently the scene changes or updates time each time I change scenes. I cannot have one time for all 3.

Thanks for the compliment and the ideas. Great ideas and I will look into it. Probably won't be in the next release (which will include master-slave ability) but the one after that one.

sampie777

v1.4.1

Start the new month with the new release of OBS Scene Timer. Main subjects of this release:
  • Ability to handle larger scene collections to solve the "scenes not loading" bug
  • One Timer server for control and multiple Timer clients for ... name your usage
  • Window restoring

This release includes the following:
  • Increased message size between OBS and OBS Scene Timer to 1 MB to support very very very long scene collections.
  • You can use a password for secured OBS...