OBS Scene Queue

OBS Scene Queue 2.7.0

sampie777

sampie777 submitted a new resource:

OBS Scene Que - Control OBS scenes by using a Que

This basic application lets you configure your scene sequence before the show, so that you only have to press "Next" during the show.

The main reason I've built this application is to relieve stress during shows, where scenes may be changed rather quickly after each other and/or must be shown in a specific sequence.

This application is useful when scenes must be shown in a specific order or sequence. You can create a que for your show by dragging the scenes (and other plugin que items) in...

Read more about this resource...

THE R3Y3S

HI man, i'm trying to use it but cant' connect. I'm running it on the same pc but i have a spam of connection re-established/diconnected from obs... https://prnt.sc/smud20 on the bottom, near alerts, i have ""OBS: loading scennes..." but nothing. I wait 1 hour too... Is there a problem if i have a lot of scenes?

sampie777

HI man, i'm trying to use it but cant' connect. I'm running it on the same pc but i have a spam of connection re-established/diconnected from obs... https://prnt.sc/smud20 on the bottom, near alerts, i have ""OBS: loading scennes..." but nothing. I wait 1 hour too... Is there a problem if i have a lot of scenes?

Wow, that's a long time of waiting. Usually connection with OBS is established within no more than a couple of seconds.

If you're desperate: try an older version for now and see if that fixes your problem.

Can you give me some log output so I can see what the program thinks he is doing? To get this output, follow these steps:
  1. Download the .jar version instead of the .exe version of OBS Scene Que
  2. If you are on Windows, open Command Prompt (Start -> cmd or Ctrl+X -> Command Prompt) and navigate to the directory where you've downloaded the .jar file. Probably this command will take you there:
    cd Downloads
  3. Execute the .jar file using java with this command (of course, edit the JAR file name with the correct file name you've downloaded):
    java -jar obs-scene-que-2.3.0.jar 2> obs-scene-que.log
  4. Now OBS Scene Que will start and its logging will be stored in the file obs-scene-que.log (in the same directory as OBS Scene Que).
  5. Wait 10 seconds and then close OBS Scene Que.
  6. If you open the log file (obs-scene-que.log), you will see a bunch of logging. Please post me an update with this file, so I can see what is going wrong.

I hope we can help eachother.

sampie777

sampie777 updated OBS Scene Queue with a new update entry:

v2.4.0

• Most of the application is renamed/refactored to Queue instead of Que
  • Added new type of plugin which can occupy a part of the application window, named the 'detail panel'. This will be used for the to-be-released timer plugin (https://github.com/sampie777/osq-scenetimer-plugin)
  • Plugins must register them self (although this is done by default)
  • Added possibility for plugins to create a menu item
  • Added dedicated cell render method for queue items
  • Added some...

Read the rest of this update entry...

sampie777

I tried with new version too

Thank you for the log file. You were right about questioning if you have too much scenes. The total amount of scenes + sources the application can receive is limited. Some tips I can give to reduce this amount:
- Try reducing the amount of sources you have. Sources make up most of the data being send, and the websocket client OBS Scene Queue uses has a maximum of 65.5 kB of data per message.
- Try grouping some sources into a single scene and adding this scene as a source to other scenes.
- It doesn't matter if a copied source is a duplicate or a reference, so no need to spend your time on referencing sources.

To visualize the max amount of scene/sources: you can have about 34 scenes with each 4 sources. Or 44 scenes with each 3 sources. Or 65 scenes with each 2 sources. Or 17 scenes with each 8 sources.

sampie777

v2.5.0

In this new version:
  • Increased message size from OBS websocket (from 64 kB to 256 kB)
  • Improved plugin framework and added quick start guide for creating your own plugins
  • Quick Access Buttons now have colors to create distinction between different plugins
  • New icon!
  • Some other minor improvements in the GUI colors
  • When going back in the queue on a Header Text item, it will now completely skip this item, just as when going forward in the queue
  • Added "--offline"...

cyport

Thanks for this plugin, it's a godsend for me as I'm using OBS to display overlays for a livestream workout class and having a queue system makes this much easier.
I have some suggestions for future updates
  • Add scenes with a button like the text plugin, rather than dragging.
  • Save profiles. So you can load up a saved queue list and have different profiles.
  • Import export functionality for profiles

sampie777

Thanks for this plugin, it's a godsend for me as I'm using OBS to display overlays for a livestream workout class and having a queue system makes this much easier.
I have some suggestions for future updates
  • Add scenes with a button like the text plugin, rather than dragging.
  • Save profiles. So you can load up a saved queue list and have different profiles.
  • Import export functionality for profiles

Thank you for your feedback and the suggestions :)

I will look into your fist suggestion, I think it will be implemented as a 'double click' action instead of a button (otherwise the GUI gets messy).

You can sort of use profiles by loading different queue files. I see there's a bug with this loading mechanism...
A work around for now is editing your queue file ('default-que.json') and edit the second line ('"name": "default-que"') with a new name. Rename the file with this same name. For now with this bug, the queue file name and the name specified in this file must be the same.
After that you can swap between the different queue files by editing the 'obs-scene-que.properties' file (using Notepad) before you start the application. Quite a work around for now, but maybe you might want to use it ;)

mattbatt

OK maybe I'm blind but I can't find the Jar file on GitHUB ?? This looks like exactly what I need for my one person show.

sampie777

mattbatt

FANTASTIC THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! Thank you.
For anyone else using this plugin these are not bugs but just things to know.
1) If you click on Application in the top left corner and select "Control Window" it will open a smaller window with Buttons for previous and next and display what is currently up.
2) You can't close the original window and just leave the " Live Control Window" open it closes the whole app. (makes sense really)
3) If you close the window and re-open it the queue will start from the beginning (see #2 for how I found out)
4) you can double click on a scene in the Scene Queue list to take that scene now.
5) This one may be a bug. If you take/transition a scene in OBS Scene Queue does not know about it and will list what it thinks are Previous Current and next and when you push the "NEXT" button it will take the next scene in the OBS stack not the next scene labeled.

sampie777

Thanks @mattbatt for the explanations, I'm glad to see your enthusiasm!

Some feedback to your questions:
"5) If you take/transition a scene in OBS Scene Queue does not know about it and will list what it thinks are Previous Current and next and when you push the "NEXT" button it will take the next scene in the OBS stack not the next scene labeled."
-> Could you clarify the steps taken? Because it may or may not be a bug, depending on the steps taken. The way it is supposed to work is that if you click "Next: ...", the scene labeled in "Next: ..." should be the new active scene. If you've activated a scene by double clicking in the list, that scene will be the new queue index. But the "Next: ..." buttons should change accordingly.

"Is it possible to assign hotkeys?"
-> not yet. I'm thinking about it, but other things have my priority for now. In case you know how to code, you are welcome to open a Pull Request. What do you want to use the hotkeys for? Only controlling Next/Previous?

mattbatt

Next previous would be great, no pressure I appreciate what you have written I just wanted to see if I missed something.
Sorry, last night I clicked on a scene directly in OBS and that caused the Scene Queue to get out of sync. But Today I'm trying to replicate it and it's behaving perfectly. I'm not sure what's going on. Sorry about that.

sampie777

v2.6.0

- Implemented an HTTP server for API requests like Queue control (see [/docs](/docs)) and a simple control webpage ([/control](http://localhost:8080/control)). Application restart is required after enabling/disabling the webserver in Settings.
- Added some default plugins for performing HTTP requests and a queue time delayer.
- Created keys/hotkeys for application and Queue control (also the first 10 Quick Access Buttons).
- More changes to the GUI to make some things more clear and nicer...

uncleflip

Really digging this plugin! It is almost perfect for my needs on a project I am cobbling together. I say almost, as I would also love to have hotkey control. This *may* solve my problem of having to shift focus over to the control window, then back to the other program I am using. (I am using a program whose output is going into OBS, paired with scenes containing relevant material to what my workshop will be doing in the other program.) If I have to change focus to control scenes, why not bypass the plugin and do it directly inside OBS? I know, thsi scenario likely was NOT the top concern when creating this plugin.

If there were a way to trigger the next scene through a hotkey- even if the queue plugin is not in focus- I would be super happy. I have tried using the midi control plugin, but it seems highly unstable. It recognized my midi controllers (I tried two), and seemed to recognize initial uses of control surfaces when trying to calibrate one function- then never again. :( If I tried to callibrate again, it got stuck in callibration mode with no return, and no apparent recognition of midi data.

In short, hotkeys usable when the plugin is not in focus would be AWESOME. Not as cool as using my electric drumset to change scenes, though... :)

schanzb

This Plugin is super helpful. Seeing as there isn't a program that will automatically play the next media source when the one before it ends, this is the next best thing. Would it be possible to add a hot key to switch the the next scene? I am producing a musical online and we will be having lot's of pre-reorded videos. It would amazing if we had a way we could just hit one key and it would play the next scene(same as hitting the scene button). Thank you!!