OBS scene migration and verification

OBS scene migration and verification 2.1

falti

falti submitted a new resource:

OBS file verification and migration tool (FVAM) - Verify all media files of a scene collection & automate migration to a new folder (copy)

I have created a Windows tool to analyze and migrate OBS’s JSON files (OBS_FVAM.exe) that allows to open a scene collection (OBS's JSON file) and verify that all files really exist. The JSON will not be changed (READ ONLY!)

On top of that you can migrate to a new folder:
Assign a new folder of your chosing for audio and video and OBS_FVAM will copy all media files and create a new scene collection with updated pathes. You can do a full migration or select...

Read more about this resource...

falti

falti

Thanks for the update. It would be nice if the app would also include the contents of VLC Video Source and Image Slideshow Source folders. Individual media files are included but when directories are selected as source, the app doesn't include them.

I set up a simple scene collection with one scene and two sources, a VLC Video Source and Image Slide Show Source (with these names). Each source has one media file and a directory with various media files and both are set to shuffle/random play.
I noticed that FVAM only lists the one video file (not the contents of the directory); it does not list the one individual image file, nor the contents of the directory.

Attachments

• FVAM.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 27

falti

Thanks. I"m working on a redesign to completely catch image slide ahows and vlc which I did not do (actually only the 1st file in some cases ;-)

Also: if it's a directory the tool will copy its entire content - that is all files in it, creating that folder name in the new target dir.

Almost done, just too late for final tests witj your json..so stay tuned - and thanks for the feedback, highly appreciated.

falti

Glad to hear you had fun and certainly useful, being able to migrate media to another computer but also to make sure all media are located in one place, preventing suddenly missing or changed image or video files due to renaming, deleting and editing.

Got an error message, though. When trying to create a new JSON file in
C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\obs-studio\basic\scenes\FVAM (migrated 04/11/2021 10.14.03).json, it says: "The system cannot find the path specified". The migration itself is successful but no JSON file is created. As a matter of fact, I had this issue as well with the previous version of FVAM.

falti

Thanks a lot.

Now without having all pathes replaced in that JSON file and the new JSON saved the migration is only half-baked at max.

For testing I tried to rename a file on my PC with "FVAM (migrated 04/11/2021 10.14.03).json" and here is what I got:

1636019011129.png

Is says that a file name cannot have the characters "\" "/" and so on in it. Of course not. When creating the timestamp for the rename I have forgotten that the function datetostr will not result in "4.11.2021" in all countries. I will fix this soon, in the meantime you might risk setting your PC to - say - German time format. That should get the migration done entirely. Rest assured that inside the JSON there is no such glitch and stay tuned. Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:

falti

TimAckroyd_EF

Any chance you could you make this collect the Scripts (LUA) used too.
I used to use UpDeck to perform this process but have been stumbling into problems with it recently.