Resource icon

OBS-RTSPServer 3.1.0

Andre Caleffi

Hello

I reinstalled it but I still get this .. please any suggestion?:

View attachment 88500
This version is for OBS 27
For OBS 28 you need to download version 3.0.0 which is still in beta. Here it didn't work using NVEnc, just using software encoding

jegadk

For OBS 28 you need to download version 3.0.0 which is still in beta. Here it didn't work using NVEnc, just using software encoding
Tried it, and it works.

BUT. when i send it to the vlc player, and cast it from there to my television via chromecast, the delay is 5 to 20 seconds. Where did this delay come. ??

Tormy

Thank you so much! I didn't get this help even from the author. I also wrote on GitHub ... thank you a lot Andre.

Andre Caleffi

Tried it, and it works.

BUT. when i send it to the vlc player, and cast it from there to my television via chromecast, the delay is 5 to 20 seconds. Where did this delay come. ??
I believe this is normal. It is the transmission buffer.
Depending on how you use it, there may be less or more delay, but there will always be a little delay.

niqht

Do the streaming settings apply directly to an RTSP stream? I'm new to this and trying to get my quality bang for the buck over 5ghz wifi with multiple 720p streams.

Olevianus

We would like to use RTSP server for CCTV-like transmit to a remote room (connected with ehternet, othere is nly a switch in between), and in parallel stream live to a service (like youtube). However for the latter we would like to have a constant background image while CCTV like transmit and capture shall take the video as well.
Is there a way to achieve this? In case not yety I'd highly appreciate if RTSP server could be set up to stream a selected video input instead of the video output, that could be very useful for local CCTV-like transmit or monitoring purposes.

marcelosmack

We would like to use RTSP server for CCTV-like transmit to a remote room (connected with ehternet, othere is nly a switch in between), and in parallel stream live to a service (like youtube). However for the latter we would like to have a constant background image while CCTV like transmit and capture shall take the video as well.
Is there a way to achieve this? In case not yety I'd highly appreciate if RTSP server could be set up to stream a selected video input instead of the video output, that could be very useful for local CCTV-like transmit or monitoring purposes.
Are you looking for a free option or a paid option?

Olevianus

Are you looking for a free option or a paid option?
Mainly a free option, to be honest... -- a symbolic price is not a problem. For a non-profit context.
However, I wonder if other users find the feature interesting for profit-oriented use cases as a paid option.

scottxu

scottxu updated OBS-RTSPServer with a new update entry:

Support for OBS 28 and newer

New Features​

• Added support for HEVC encoding.
  • rtsp-server: Added SPS, PPS, etc. to the SDP response of HEVC.
  • rtsp-server: Added support for RTP Aggregation Packets.

Bugfixes​

• rtsp-server: Fixed the bug that H.264 Single-Time Aggregation Packet (STAP-A) NRI was missing.

️ Performance Improvements​

• Optimized codes.

️ Build System​

Read the rest of this update entry...

pillarsoffranch

I had my main OBS system(60 FPS, 1920x1080) using the RTSP server plugin to stream to a 2nd OBS system (30 fps, 1280x720). I had been using the 3.00 RC2 candidate and it was streaming ok. When I installed the new version I got Nada from the stream. I uninstalled the new version and attempted to roll back to RC2 and still Nada. I've reinstalled VLAN on the 2nd machine and the VLAN app won't play the rtsp stream.

Last edited:

khaver

I'm trying to setup some Smart TVs in several rooms at our church to receive our service from OBS wirelessly.

I installed VLC player on them. I installed the RTSP Server plugin and using the default URL (rtsp://localhost:554/live) and Multicast enabled, I can connect to the stream using VLC on the local OBS computer using "localhost", "127.0.0.1" or the OBS computer IP address in the VLC network stream playback. I cannot connect to the OBS stream from other VLC players on either the smart TVs or my phone, unless I stop the server and uncheck "Enable Multicast". With multicast disabled I can connect with multiple VLC players, on the local PC, my android phone, and a Smart TV with VLC on it.

I don't understand what's happening. Why, without multicast enabled, I'm able to play the stream from several devices simultaneously, but with it enabled, I can only connect from the local PC? Is there some special URL that needs to be entered in VLC in order to connect to the multicast enabled stream that's different than the normal rtsp URL? Does my Windows firewall need a special rule to allow a multicast connection even though it's allowing multiple devices to connect to the stream when multicast is disabled?

Please help. Thanks.

Olevianus

I have attempted to upgrade my obs-studio 27.2.3 and obs-rtspserver 3.0.0, but I could not see the RTSP server any more after my update. On Ubuntu Studio 22.04.1 LTS, I took obs-studio from repository ppa:obsproject/obs-studio and took obs-rtspserver deb package from https://github.com/iamscottxu/obs-rtspserver/releases
I could not see anything even in verbose, unfiltered logs about obs-rtspserver, just the menu entry is gone from Tools.
Has something changed with the UI with OBS 28 and rtsp server 3.0.0? Or is it a bug?

Hence I have downgraded back both obs-studio and obs-rtspserver for now...
(I would highly appreciate the upgrade because I do not have obs-vst.so in obs-studio 27.2.3 and VST audio filters could help a lot...)

scottxu

I have attempted to upgrade my obs-studio 27.2.3 and obs-rtspserver 3.0.0, but I could not see the RTSP server any more after my update. On Ubuntu Studio 22.04.1 LTS, I took obs-studio from repository ppa:obsproject/obs-studio and took obs-rtspserver deb package from https://github.com/iamscottxu/obs-rtspserver/releases
I could not see anything even in verbose, unfiltered logs about obs-rtspserver, just the menu entry is gone from Tools.
Has something changed with the UI with OBS 28 and rtsp server 3.0.0? Or is it a bug?

Hence I have downgraded back both obs-studio and obs-rtspserver for now...
(I would highly appreciate the upgrade because I do not have obs-vst.so in obs-studio 27.2.3 and VST audio filters could help a lot...)
If you are using the deb package of the qt5 version, you may need to replace it with the deb package of the qt6 version.

Olevianus

If you are using the deb package of the qt5 version, you may need to replace it with the deb package of the qt6 version.
It did not help...
Now I have the chance to attach log: for both stdout and stderr, from obs --verbose --unfiltered_log.

I cannot see anything related to obs-rtspserver, maybe OBS did not expect the files in the directory where they are installed?
I tried newest stable obs-studio from the official PPA site, and 28.0.3 as well with both versions of obs-rtspserver-v.3.0.0.
All from .deb packages, on Ubuntu Studio 22.04.1 LTS

Attachments

• obs28.1.2.stdout.txt
    19.5 KB · Views: 29
  • obs28.1.2.stderr.txt
    3.7 KB · Views: 24

dev-dakky

Just installed the windows version 3.0.0 with a 64-bit install of obs 28.0.0, and it seems to run fine, but I can only get an audio stream out from the rtsp server. There's no video when connecting internally or externally, so idk if that's a known bug or if there's some extra config I need to do. I've already forwarded the ports I'm using in the router as well as the firewall, and clearly for the most part things are working, so idk what else to look into.

Steve_gibbons

I'm having issues with a new install on a 2020 M1 MacBook Air with MacOS 13.3.1 and OBS Studio 29.0.2 (64 bit)
The plugin doesn't appear to be loading (no item on the Tools menu and no entry in the logfile (attached.)

I've tried various combinations of obs and plugin global install or just me, but all with the same result. The log below is with the 3.0.0 arm64 pkg version.

Help.... (and thank you!)

Attachments

• 2023-04-13 20-16-31.txt
    5.5 KB · Views: 33

Spiralll

Hi all! I was just wanting to ask, Is there a way I can stream this to a network IP (e.g 192.168.1.135)? I'm not too familiar with this plugin so apologies if i'm sounding really dumb here.... Thanks!

Derick.C

Just installed the windows version 3.0.0 with a 64-bit install of obs 28.0.0, and it seems to run fine, but I can only get an audio stream out from the rtsp server. There's no video when connecting internally or externally, so idk if that's a known bug or if there's some extra config I need to do. I've already forwarded the ports I'm using in the router as well as the firewall, and clearly for the most part things are working, so idk what else to look into.
I have an issue where i get video, but no audio... What are your Audio Settings?

Spiralll

Hi again, My previous post got fixed but I still have one more problem, When I set the Username and Password they do not work and I can log into the rtsp without them, is this a known glitch?