Resource icon

OBS-RTSPServer 3.1.0

BarnacleBill

How do I require authentication? I'm unsure what to enter in the "Realm:" field. Even after I write in a username and password it is allowing blank/non-specified credentials.

scottxu

How do I require authentication? I'm unsure what to enter in the "Realm:" field. Even after I write in a username and password it is allowing blank/non-specified credentials.
You can enter any string that can represent this RTSP server in the Realm field.

Batu3003

Hello,

How can I use Any Source Multicast address (like 224.1.1.100) instead of localhost IP address.

I try to stream from 1 PC to many PC with using least bandwidth. When I use local IP address (then I listen from 2 PC), the bandwidth usage's double.

Kaik2

Hello, I’m quite new to this and I’m trying to use the RTSP Server Plugin for ultra low latency from Mac (still running OSX 10.11.6)

The Plugin will not start and does not show up in menu. I read the similar post needing to install VC + + Runtime etc for windows,
but how do I fix this on the Mac version? And how do I install the missing components?

I got this in the Log file
13:11:26.025: os_dlopen(/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins/obs-rtspserver/bin/obs-rtspserver.so->/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins/obs-rtspserver/bin/obs-rtspserver.so): dlopen(/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins/obs-rtspserver/bin/obs-rtspserver.so, 257): Library not loaded: @rpath/QtWidgets.framework/Versions/5/QtWidgets
13:11:26.025: Referenced from: /Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins/obs-rtspserver/bin/obs-rtspserver.so
13:11:26.025: Reason: image not found

Thank you

Lpac Audio

Hello, I too am new to the rtsp server plugin. And live streaming in general...
Is anyone using the plugin with Panasonic aw-HE42 cameras with RP150 controller
and Cisco switch? I am trying to add two HE42s to OBS on a Dell PC Laptop, Win10.
I couldn't get them to show up in OBS as direct input or as a switched network. I was directed to the
rtsp plugin by Panasonic Tech Support, but I thought I would ask if anyone in the forum
has any experience using these cameras to stream successfully? Thanks, I appreciate any advice.

Rony93

Hello, Thx for making this Amazing Plugin it really helps a lot. I only have one important question:
We use the RTSP Server Plugin with OBS studio in our church to broadcast the stream in other Rooms in the same building using the local network.
The problem is : no matter what client we use to receive the RTSP Signal such as ( VLC - RTSP Player in Android - and many more ) there is a bit of a lag in the video. very poor framerate or something. it's just not a smooth video at all. I would really appreciate if there any solution. Thx

scottxu

Hello, I too am new to the rtsp server plugin. And live streaming in general...
Is anyone using the plugin with Panasonic aw-HE42 cameras with RP150 controller
and Cisco switch? I am trying to add two HE42s to OBS on a Dell PC Laptop, Win10.
I couldn't get them to show up in OBS as direct input or as a switched network. I was directed to the
rtsp plugin by Panasonic Tech Support, but I thought I would ask if anyone in the forum
has any experience using these cameras to stream successfully? Thanks, I appreciate any advice.
If you need to connect rtsp streams on devices other than this machine, you may need to check the system firewall.

scottxu

Hello, I’m quite new to this and I’m trying to use the RTSP Server Plugin for ultra low latency from Mac (still running OSX 10.11.6)

The Plugin will not start and does not show up in menu. I read the similar post needing to install VC + + Runtime etc for windows,
but how do I fix this on the Mac version? And how do I install the missing components?

I got this in the Log file
13:11:26.025: os_dlopen(/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins/obs-rtspserver/bin/obs-rtspserver.so->/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins/obs-rtspserver/bin/obs-rtspserver.so): dlopen(/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins/obs-rtspserver/bin/obs-rtspserver.so, 257): Library not loaded: @rpath/QtWidgets.framework/Versions/5/QtWidgets
13:11:26.025: Referenced from: /Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins/obs-rtspserver/bin/obs-rtspserver.so
13:11:26.025: Reason: image not found

Thank you
Thanks for the Feedback.

IvYWing

The build/install instructions for Linux include what to do to build it from source.
What do you do to build it if obs-studio is already built? Is there a way to save time and resources and only build from the plugins folder?
>e.g. cd obs-studio/plugins
>Linux (Only x64)
  • Download the latest release from the Release Page.
  • mkdir -p $HOME/.config/obs-studio/plugins
  • Untar, e.g.: tar -xzvf obs-rtspserver-v2.0.5-linux.tar.gz -C $HOME/.config/obs-studio/plugins/
>cmake commands...? Or don't have to? Because it was already setup?
>edit to CMakeConfig.txt to include 'add_subdirectory(obs-rtspserver)' , for instance, I put it at the bottom with the rtsp-services one.
>make -j $(nproc)
?

Edit: >Tried typing make -j $(nproc) from /obs-studio/plugins
>Says no makefile found.
>tried typing sudo make install
>Says no makefile found.
>Guess I'm an idiot.
Help plz how to build without rebuilding whole thing?

Last edited:

IvYWing

+Sigh+ oh well. I just rebuilt from source the entire thing while waiting for some human to show up... Guess it is too late even for the internet in the whole world.
RTSP looks like it works, for that matter, so we're all good to go.

vitowito

Hi,

I managed to set up the RTSP server on OBS and opened the stream locally on the same device. Everything working smoothly.
When I try to open the stream from a PC on the same network I get an error on VLC.

Connection failed:
VLC could not connect to "192.168.1.106:11554".

Windows firewalls on the server and client side are disabled for testing.

Did anyone experience the same issue?

vitowito

Hi,

I managed to set up the RTSP server on OBS and opened the stream locally on the same device. Everything working smoothly.
When I try to open the stream from a PC on the same network I get an error on VLC.

Connection failed:
VLC could not connect to "192.168.1.106:11554".

Windows firewalls on the server and client side are disabled for testing.

Did anyone experience the same issue?

Had to create firewall rules for windows on the server side even though it was turned off. Managed to connect from the same network now.
Still having issues over the internet though. pfsense logs show that traffic is being passed on to the server's IP so still blaming the issue on windows firewall or obs.