OBS requires me to start stream and restart

MrSrgsnowman

So I am running into this weird issue where I am having massive frame drops (like 50%) when I first start streaming and it will continue until I manually stop stream and start it again. TwitchTest is telling me my connection quality is 100 and the logs have a lot of errors but the errors are present when there are issues and where there are no issues so I don't think they're related. This issue has only started after updating the program. Can anyone please help? Last time I asked, I was given the generic dropped frames mega-thread and none of those worked.

.norman.

MrSrgsnowman

https://obsproject.com/logs/w3f6NFfzDCoOmt58 but like I said, the logs say connection issue but the weird thing is if I stop stream, and restart it, it runs just fine. The weird thing is that the stream that goes without issues is included in that same log file. So what happened is I started stream and after 1 minute 44 seconds, I ended stream due to dropping 50% frames. After it had successfully stopped, I ran a twitchtest to see what server would work best, saw that I was connected to the right one, and then started stream back up again and didn't have any issues for 5 hours.

As for the logs, they're completely clean except for a streamelements browser source javascript issue that happens on both the good and bad streams. I'm completely lost :(

MrSrgsnowman

My friend who lives in Argentina is experiencing similar issues, but he is using StreamLabs' broadcasting software. Is there any chance it is somehow related to Twitch itself? Or is SLOBS still using the same code base as OBS?

.norman.

.norman.

My friend who lives in Argentina is experiencing similar issues, but he is using StreamLabs' broadcasting software. Is there any chance it is somehow related to Twitch itself? Or is SLOBS still using the same code base as OBS?
it is possible that it is a twitch issue, but i doubt that is the case. but i have been wrong before, wouldn't surprise me to be wrong again.

MrSrgsnowman

https://obsproject.com/tools/analyzer?log_url=https://obsproject.com/logs/w3f6NFfzDCoOmt58+ It just shows connectivity issues but twitchtest shows perfect connectivity and every other part of my network is performing fine.

.norman.

it is hard to tell exactly what is going on, i see where you started the stream had the 54% packet loss. stopped the stream and restarted it, but i don't see where the stream stopped the 2nd time to see if there are any dropped packets.

there are also a few hundred or more errors related to streamelements.

MrSrgsnowman

it is hard to tell exactly what is going on, i see where you started the stream had the 54% packet loss. stopped the stream and restarted it, but i don't see where the stream stopped the 2nd time to see if there are any dropped packets.

there are also a few hundred or more errors related to streamelements.
Yeah those errors are coming from a browser source that is just a basic overlay from StreamElements' website. There were no dropped packets from the second stream, I am not sure why the logs don't have that part but I remember when I ended stream that it was 0.0% dropped frames.

.norman.

if your friend is having the same issue, but with stream labs OBS, then i would look at what both of you have in common. is there any other software, plugins, or stream overlays that you both use?

RockinLC

https://obsproject.com/logs/w3f6NFfzDCoOmt58 but like I said, the logs say connection issue but the weird thing is if I stop stream, and restart it, it runs just fine. The weird thing is that the stream that goes without issues is included in that same log file. So what happened is I started stream and after 1 minute 44 seconds, I ended stream due to dropping 50% frames. After it had successfully stopped, I ran a twitchtest to see what server would work best, saw that I was connected to the right one, and then started stream back up again and didn't have any issues for 5 hours.

As for the logs, they're completely clean except for a streamelements browser source javascript issue that happens on both the good and bad streams. I'm completely lost :(
My stream started doing this last week. I did not see this post until after the start of Palm Sunday Worship today and stop/start and it worked. I am not seeing anything on the logs either, but i am no expert on reading the logs. I will push them up as soon as i can figure out how.
Streaming to Facebook. The final 1/3 of the service was ok, but the dramatic reading, and most of the sermon, I fear are gone.