OBS redux

Nominative99

After that:
  • Capture devices (FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GET HAUPPAUGE/ROXIO IN THIS TIME JIM)

I am kind of curious about the capture devices compatibility. I currently use an Elgato to stream console games but I was thinking of upgrading to the XCapture-1. Would it be best to wait and see for now?

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
To wait and see what? Both the Elgato and XCAPTURE-1 work in the current version of OBS, and don't suffer from the same shortcomings as Roxio and Hauppage's drivers, so you can try it now. The XCAPTURE-1 is an improvement over the Elgato in pretty much every way imaginable. Just make sure you have the right kind of USB 3.0 port to be able to se it.

Nominative99

To wait and see what? Both the Elgato and XCAPTURE-1 work in the current version of OBS, and don't suffer from the same shortcomings as Roxio and Hauppage's drivers, so you can try it now. The XCAPTURE-1 is an improvement over the Elgato in pretty much every way imaginable. Just make sure you have the right kind of USB 3.0 port to be able to se it.

Sorry, I didn't elaborate that much. My reason for asking is because I wasn't sure if I even need to buy the XCapture-1. Elgato/OBS has an issue where 4:3 games are stretched to 16:9. With OBS being rewritten, I was thinking I should hold off on buying the XCapture-1 and seeing if the Redux still does the same. Sorry if I got a little off topic.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
We do have something like that in the works. Well, at some point at least.

I am having issues with capturing KOTOR, now i read in my log that it's OpenGL hence why i write here and not support as i read that the Rewrite will support Opengl, which means that it isn't supported now right?

So i wonder,

1: Is OpenGL supported now, if so i will do a support topic instead.
2: if no and Rewrite has it now, is it possible to use it, or is it still not in a usable state (Guess it isn't as it's not released in any way).

Thanks!

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Things are going, just hit an annoying little slow part because I had to rewrite all the RTMP stuff.

lolRazor

has there been any work done to get roxio working with obs or you guys just give up on us people ? also why hasn't anyone thought of just making a plugin to allow the roxio to work.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
has there been any work done to get roxio working with obs or you guys just give up on us people ? also why hasn't anyone thought of just making a plugin to allow the roxio to work.
Of course nobody has "given up" on it. If you had read the thread then you'd know that this rewrite is what will enable Roxio and Hauppage devices to be added. Let's not get dramatic.

lolRazor

well when can we be able to get this version of obs because on twitch i have a semi fan base and they want call of duty and there is nothing i can do

paibox

heros in an halfshel
I'd say there are plenty of things you can do.

You can use XSplit, can't you? I thought they had support for it, at least. You could also upgrade to Windows 8 and capture Roxio's own preview application using monitor capture.

If you can't afford either option, you have to keep in mind that just like how you can't conjure up money to use one of the solutions currently available, we can't necessarily conjure up the time or knowledge required to implement such functionality anew because we may have other pressing matters to attend to. To implement support for the Roxio, it would most likely be necessary for us to acquire one as well, since we can't really begin to figure out how the drivers and DirectShow support are supposed to work for the device without being able to test it.

Alternatively you could contact Roxio themselves and ask them if they could set up an intermediary DirectShow filter for their device, similar to what AVerMedia and ElGato have done.

lolRazor

i have both xsplit and tried doing the monitor capture they both dont work so those are kinda out of the question and lastly there support lines are straight up crap they dont do anything but blame everyone else for there problems but i have both of those options and they dont work so idk im just upset that i cant live stream anything call of duty wise to twitch

paibox

heros in an halfshel
You say that you have XSplit and it doesn't work, but I've been told that support for it is only in the non-free versions of XSplit, which is why I made sure to mention the money thing.

If that doesn't work, I'm sorry. Support for these devices will be added at some point, but I can't give you a definite ETA or timeframe when that will happen, I don't have any of these devices available to work with myself, so I can't even really try to work it out.

lolRazor

yea i have the paid version of xsplit just to try it with the roxio and it dosent even work so i am mad about that but yea so i appreciate you help moderators but i hope people like me will have support asap :)

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Don't worry I -will- get it because we have decoders this time, but I just can't get around to that code right now because first of all I need to get the program in a usable testable state first before I can start writing the device capture plugin.

paibox

heros in an halfshel
lolRazor, please. There is nothing you can do to speed this up, and it will not be done within the next few days or anything like that, so please don't hold your breath, and stop posting about this.

There is no working capture device code at all in obs-studio right at this moment, and it's going to be almost completely reimplemented, there's no way to reuse most of the old stuff from regular OBS. It WILL be announced when support for these kinds of devices is added to the rewrite, it's not something we're going to keep secret from you.