OBS recording of Minecraft gameplay ends up laggy

Arraxis

Hey there guys,

I hope you all are having a great day. I've just recently started getting into recording lets plays. I haven't been able to release anything yet because every time I try I end up doing something wrong and learn from my mistakes. This time I thought I had everything figured out, but the video ended up laggy and the audio was choppy, with certain parts being cut. I've never experienced lag on my recordings before which is why I'm confused as to why its happening now. I don't have any mods installed except Optifine, although I do have a pretty crappy laptop. How can I get the best out of my recordings with the laptop I have? I've posted my log below. I'm sorry if its an obvious fix. I'm pretty young and have no idea what I'm doing to be honest. Thank you in advance!

Log File: https://obsproject.com/logs/FXP4CVQYhioeAgPd

FerretBomb

17:40:53.713: Output 'adv_file_output': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 2247 (0.7%)
17:40:53.714: ==== Recording Stop ================================================
17:40:53.723: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 60833/310153 (19.6%)
Your GPU is slightly overwhelmed, which may be fixable by running OBS as Administrator. Right-click the shortcut and 'Run as Administrator' when starting OBS.

More importantly your CPU isn't able to encode at the Veryfast preset. This isn't surprising as your laptop uses a U-variant (ultra-low-power) CPU which sacrifice performance greatly in favor of battery life.
You'll need to swap to Ultrafast, or the 'x264 low-CPU' option if you're using Simple Mode output. You might also try using NVENC or QSV hardware encoding instead of x264 Software, if it is available.

Arraxis

Your GPU is slightly overwhelmed, which may be fixable by running OBS as Administrator. Right-click the shortcut and 'Run as Administrator' when starting OBS.

More importantly your CPU isn't able to encode at the Veryfast preset. This isn't surprising as your laptop uses a U-variant (ultra-low-power) CPU which sacrifice performance greatly in favor of battery life.
You'll need to swap to Ultrafast, or the 'x264 low-CPU' option if you're using Simple Mode output. You might also try using NVENC or QSV hardware encoding instead of x264 Software, if it is available.

Thank you so much for the quick reply! I'll try using your suggestions! Hope you have a great day!!