OBS on Apple Silicon

donaciano

How do you install these arm builds?
The Mac builds have a disk image file in the zip, just drag and drop that into the Applications folder. Right-click on the icon and use Open, otherwise it won't want to run it from outside an App Store.

sontopo

So a mod said back in February that they would add support for Silicon CPUs with 27.2 version, and I'm reading the patch notes of those versions but I can't find anything that talk about it... so did they add it yet? if not how can I install and unofficial buid...

So a mod said back in February that they would add support for Silicon CPUs with 27.2 version, and I'm reading the patch notes of those versions but I can't find anything that talk about it... so did they add it yet? if not how can I install and unofficial buid...
To answer your questions –
1) no, not yet
2) how to install is covered on this post you must have missed on the previous page of this thread: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/obs-on-apple-silicon.133606/page-14#post-571069

Thanks for all your efforts! Without the move transition, OBS on M1/ARM is a no go for my production. At least I can finally give this a try.

Any thoughts on what it would take to get a armvx64 version of the blackmagic decklink capture device plugins that are also included with OBS?

Thanks for all your efforts! Without the move transition, OBS on M1/ARM is a no go for my production. At least I can finally give this a try.

Any thoughts on what it would take to get a armvx64 version of the blackmagic decklink capture device plugins that are also included with OBS?
Whoops! The blackmagic decklink plugins work IF you have the right input selected in the Decklink App.

Mac M1 machines have now been out for a year-and-a-half.
Reminds me of a mindless App Store reviewer. If you looked, the builds and plugins from this post work. You're point is? For software that's FREE? Perhaps if Apple contributed hardware to the developers working on OBS then, we would have had a version sooner. Have you complained to Tim? While it seems Apple could have easily afforded it, they seemed to be more worried about profits and selling services than innovative software for their platform needed to drive the creative process.

With that said, where is the live streaming iLife application from Apple? Ohh. that's right, software innovation died at Apple with Steve Jobs. You could go and pay for Ecam Live and get native M1 support today. Sure, it's easy to point fingers rather than looking at and addressing the real problem.

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
PR 5155 was merged in March. Since then, our CI has been automatically producing M1-native builds of OBS Studio. You can download the latest M1-native build here.

Please note that these builds are considered "nightly" or unstable. These builds are not signed, and the application updater will not currently notify you of new M1-native builds. For now, you will have to manually update yourself to keep up with changes. When OBS Studio 28 releases, it will be fully signed and the application updater will work as normal.

warmed2971

I have the same problem, was it due to the websocket?
Ok. I have found my solution. I uninstalled WebSocket and companion and then reinstalled both- bam it worked! But now the problem is that all of my companion instructions are erased! Before you say it I even had exported the companion instructions before all of this. Now they are gone. Oh well, I've to rebuild everything but at least it works!

darthanonymous1

PR 5155 was merged in March. Since then, our CI has been automatically producing M1-native builds of OBS Studio. You can download the latest M1-native build here.

Please note that these builds are considered "nightly" or unstable. These builds are not signed, and the application updater will not currently notify you of new M1-native builds. For now, you will have to manually update yourself to keep up with changes. When OBS Studio 28 releases, it will be fully signed and the application updater will work as normal.
is there something i can sign up for notifications for or anything?

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
is there something i can sign up for notifications for or anything?

If you mean for when we're releasing a new version, then the best thing to do is follow our social media accounts as we will announce any new releases there. Or did you mean something else?

azaire1180

Hello,

I use OBS for M1 ( Beta , Alpha ?) I report for you dev, stream deck not work ..

Have you the same problem with obs special M1 ?

Ty
Capture d’écran 2022-06-01 à 03.27.15.png

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Hello,

I use OBS for M1 ( Beta , Alpha ?) I report for you dev, stream deck not work ..

Have you the same problem with obs special M1 ?

Ty

Plugins must match the architecture of OBS. Unless the Stream Deck plugin was also compiled for M1, it cannot be loaded by an M1 version of OBS.

JeroenJeremy

Please correct me if I'm wrong or add additional details, I was not able to narrow it down specifically to the nightly builds, but I did find a way to more reliably download updated builds.
From the Github repo go to Actions, BUILD, add the filters branch:master and is:success you'll find several builds each day, the jp9000 user has a lot of them but not every single day so I'm not quite in the right place yet. Select one of those builds and scroll down to Artifacts to find a newer ARM build disk image.
A link to the same location: Successful master branch builds.
(Window Capture and Virtual Camera now working perfectly)
I've been installing the Successful master branch builds for a while now but the latest ones seem to fill up memory quickly, crashing my MB in the process. I'm just using OBS for the virtual camera in combination with Meet/Zoom/Teams.
Anyone else seeing this behaviour?

ditherkins

/Same problem here. On my rosetta version I can see the plugin but not on the M1 optimized build. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Same problem as well, cannot get Spectralizer to appear in OBS anymore as an add source option. Anyone figure this out?