OBS on Apple Silicon

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Question: will the complied plugins helpfully posted earlier in this thread work with the beta (and later release), or do we need to wait for official ones (or at least new versions built against 28.0 beta) before we can use them?
As far as we know, unless the plugins are signed, they will not work with official, signed OBS builds on Apple Silicon. Also, I would, personally, not count on those links being available forever. If you have plugins that you rely on, you should contact the author/maintainer of those plugins to make them aware that they will need to provide Apple Silicon compatible builds.

mishakim

As far as we know, unless the plugins are signed, they will not work with official, signed OBS builds on Apple Silicon. Also, I would, personally, not count on those links being available forever. If you have plugins that you rely on, you should contact the author/maintainer of those plugins to make them aware that they will need to provide Apple Silicon compatible builds.
Thanks - I gave it a try, and at least for now, with NDI, I'm able to override the blocking of unsigned plugins via the Security control panel (after ignoring the popup on launching OBS, go the control panel to say it's OK). I figure NDI's likely to get signed eventually, and that's the only one I can't live without.

julse12

Hi guys,

I want to livestream a sports event and want to build an instant replay. I have set it all up now, the onl thing missing is ana option to choose the newest file of the saved replays. Someone used the Directory Watch Media plugin for this, but its not working on M1. Does someone has a workaround for this? Or a different plugin?