OBS on Apple Silicon

I put the StreamDeckPlugin.so in the following path:

Mac HD > Applications > OBS > Contents > Plugins

I have tried this as a standalone *.so file as well as the entire folder that was included in the .7z zip file. Both ways didn't seem to do anything.
Here is where to install the plugin

/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins

Hi @callimeron , wondering if you could get this plugin compiled for ARM:
obs-ios-camera-source 2.8.0
download password 7hkcnhk3

kailred

hello, is there any way to get the droidcam plugin working with this custom version of OBS? OBS does not recognize DroidCam as a source in the version posted in this thread.

(not sure why my message has been pending for 2 days :(, reposting without the link in case that's the problem. sorry if this breaks any rules!)

kailred

hello, is there any way to get the droidcam plugin working with this custom version of OBS? OBS does not recognize DroidCam as a source in the version posted in this thread.

(not sure why my message has been pending for 2 days :(, reposting without the link in case that's the problem. sorry if this breaks any rules!)

rfischmann

Hello, everyone! Does anyone knows if I can use a Sony mirrorless camera with OBS running on Apple Silicon? I know Sony's Imaging Edge Webcam software isn't yet supported on M1, but I wonder if OBS helps with that and makes it work somehow… thanks!

Nickeleye

Hello, everyone! Does anyone knows if I can use a Sony mirrorless camera with OBS running on Apple Silicon? I know Sony's Imaging Edge Webcam software isn't yet supported on M1, but I wonder if OBS helps with that and makes it work somehow… thanks!

I've used both a Sony A5100 and A6500 with this special version of OBS for M1 Mac. Both work fine. I've tested capture with both an Elgato Camlink 4k and also a cheap ~$25 USB/HDMI capture dongle off Amazon and both work.

Hope that helps.

Nickeleye

Here is where to install the plugin

/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins

Thanks! I put the updated plugin folder in the directory you said. When I opened OBS I get the security error as you also mentioned. The problem is that, as far as I can tell, in my "Security & Privacy" section, it looks like I've already allowed OBS. I can't find any settings I missed. So, unfortunately the streamdeck app thinks the plugin is missing.

I'm sure I must be missing a simple step...

Classicmac

Yes, I was able to get that working by just dropping the "audio-monitor.plugin" file directly in the plugins folder mentioned previously. Seems to work no problem.

Unfortunately, I don't know why the streamdeck plugin isn't working the same way.
Thanks for the tip. I had been using a version I compiled from GitHub. That version didn't have the plugins folder in that location. Putting the audio monitor plugin in other locations didn't work. I downloaded a build from this thread and it is working! Thank you!

Nickeleye

Thanks! I put the updated plugin folder in the directory you said. When I opened OBS I get the security error as you also mentioned. The problem is that, as far as I can tell, in my "Security & Privacy" section, it looks like I've already allowed OBS. I can't find any settings I missed. So, unfortunately the streamdeck app thinks the plugin is missing.

I'm sure I must be missing a simple step...

As a followup to my own problem, I wanted to post my updated result in case anyone else has an issue.

I placed the plugin here as instructed: /Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins
But when I opened OBS, I received an error that OBS couldn't open something because of a security error. It didn't like the new StreamDeckPlugin.so file since it was unsigned.
In order to fix it,I had to go to the plugin director and right click the file and select "Open" and then choose a program to open the file with. I don't know what normally opens a *.so file, but I selected Notes to open the file.
After that, OBS did not show the error message anytime when opening and the Stream Deck desktop app no longer shows the missing plugin error when editing OBS related functions within the app. It seems to be working as usual now.

Thanks for the help @callimeron !

Ryan Ellerbe

As a followup to my own problem, I wanted to post my updated result in case anyone else has an issue.

I placed the plugin here as instructed: /Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins
But when I opened OBS, I received an error that OBS couldn't open something because of a security error. It didn't like the new StreamDeckPlugin.so file since it was unsigned.
In order to fix it,I had to go to the plugin director and right click the file and select "Open" and then choose a program to open the file with. I don't know what normally opens a *.so file, but I selected Notes to open the file.
After that, OBS did not show the error message anytime when opening and the Stream Deck desktop app no longer shows the missing plugin error when editing OBS related functions within the app. It seems to be working as usual now.

Thanks for the help @callimeron !
I had to make an plugin folder because I didn’t have one for some reason.

If you have a problem with security stuff like that again. Go into your Mac system preferences after you try to open obs and it give you the cant open error again. Then under security and privacy you will see general. If you look at the bottom of general you will see where it says so and so app was trying to run. Do you want to approve it. If you approve it, it won’t ask again.

Nickeleye

Just out of curiosity, is there such a thing as a recompiled version of the Streamelements version of OBS? They have something called OBS.Live, which is pretty nice as a Stream Elements user because it's got a chat dock option as well as an "Activity Feed" dock for things like follows/subs/redemptions, etc. It makes things very handy all in one spot. Unfortunately it's only using v27.0.1 OBS base.

Nickeleye

I had to make an plugin folder because I didn’t have one for some reason.

If you have a problem with security stuff like that again. Go into your Mac system preferences after you try to open obs and it give you the cant open error again. Then under security and privacy you will see general. If you look at the bottom of general you will see where it says so and so app was trying to run. Do you want to approve it. If you approve it, it won’t ask again.

Yeah, I checked that as well, but there was no option this time for that. I've seen the option for that previously, but not this time... Unless I missed it somehow.

Ryan Ellerbe

Just out of curiosity, is there such a thing as a recompiled version of the Streamelements version of OBS? They have something called OBS.Live, which is pretty nice as a Stream Elements user because it's got a chat dock option as well as an "Activity Feed" dock for things like follows/subs/redemptions, etc. It makes things very handy all in one spot. Unfortunately it's only using v27.0.1 OBS base.
I would like to know the same thing. After running native obs and seeing how good it runs, I don’t want to go back.

BrixtonRifles

If you're streaming to Twitch, I found I was able to get around this easily by going to my Creator Dashboard on the Twitch website, then using the pop out options on the Activity Feed, Quick Actions and My Chat windows. You can then copy the URL for the each of the popped-out windows and paste them into OBS as Custom Browser Docks.