OBS on Apple Silicon

jex

Any change I can install SteamFX, Rosetta free? This is the Installer from the #102 post of @callimeron
Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 09.47.46.png

kilrain

joey.glowacky

Hi, kind of random question but thought maybe someone here might know. I used to stream from my intel MacBook and when I did I would have to start Game Capture HD before OBS to in order for OBS to register my game audio in the mix, (if I don't do that there would be no game audio in the mix). I recently upgraded to an M1 MacBook and Game capture HD is not supported at all on M1s. So now I cant use Game Capture get OBS to recognize my game audio. I downloaded the M1 version of OBS from this forum but am still running into the same issue. What settings or workarounds are folx with M1 MacBooks doing to solve this issue. Specific computer or OBS setting would be really helpful.

ixmuri

Hi All! I used to compile jobs for myself many times, but after I hard reset my M1 Mac, I got an error message during compile:
+ Sparkle-1.26.0.tar.xz downloaded successfully and failed hash check
+ ERROR during build step: sparkle

How can I avoid this message, anybody have a solution? M1 Air 2020, Monterey

Hi All! I used to compile jobs for myself many times, but after I hard reset my M1 Mac, I got an error message during compile:
+ Sparkle-1.26.0.tar.xz downloaded successfully and failed hash check
+ ERROR during build step: sparkle

How can I avoid this message, anybody have a solution? M1 Air 2020, Monterey
What source code are you using? Is it the following repository?

If so, please change the following file.
obs-studio/CI/include/build_support_macos.sh

# before
Code:
CI_SPARKLE_HASH=$(echo "${WORKFLOW_CONTENT}" | /usr/bin/sed -En "s/[ ]+SPARKLE_HASH: '([0-9a-f]+)'/\1/p")

#after
Code:
CI_SPARKLE_HASH='8312cbf7528297a49f1b97692c33cb8d33254c396dc51be394e9484e4b6833a0'

KCR

Hi, kind of random question but thought maybe someone here might know. I used to stream from my intel MacBook and when I did I would have to start Game Capture HD before OBS to in order for OBS to register my game audio in the mix, (if I don't do that there would be no game audio in the mix). I recently upgraded to an M1 MacBook and Game capture HD is not supported at all on M1s. So now I cant use Game Capture get OBS to recognize my game audio. I downloaded the M1 version of OBS from this forum but am still running into the same issue. What settings or workarounds are folx with M1 MacBooks doing to solve this issue. Specific computer or OBS setting would be really helpful.
Is this the older Elgato Game Capture HD that has the S-Video input? If so what are you capturing with it? I don’t have a solution for that card but might suggestions on other ideas.

Nickeleye

Never mind! Stream Deck is now working! Wow everything seems to be all set! Thank you folks who do this, gonna do a test stream today!

How did you get this working? I can't seem to figure it out. I downloaded the file in this thread and tried two things:
1. Drop the "StreamDeckPlugin.so" directly into the OBS plugins root directory = no apparent result
2. Put the entire "StreamDeckPlugin" folder that was inside the zip file into the OBS plugins root directory = no apparent result

When I use the streamdeck software app I see an error on my action buttons that says "The Elgato Remote Control plugin is missing." I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the Elgato app. Opening OBS and streamdeck app in different order. I also do not see anything about a Streamdeck plugin in the OBS "Tools" menu.

Nickeleye

Where did you put the plugin file? I'm having trouble getting it working as well.

I put the StreamDeckPlugin.so in the following path:

Mac HD > Applications > OBS > Contents > Plugins

I have tried this as a standalone *.so file as well as the entire folder that was included in the .7z zip file. Both ways didn't seem to do anything.

Nickeleye

Were you able to get the Audio Monitor plugin posted in this thread working?

Yes, I was able to get that working by just dropping the "audio-monitor.plugin" file directly in the plugins folder mentioned previously. Seems to work no problem.

Unfortunately, I don't know why the streamdeck plugin isn't working the same way.