OBS NDI Plugin Static in Audio issue

Slykilla

SInce the new OBS update the Audio from the NDI source sounds completely static.
-one thing i have notice that fixes this is moving the Balance to the Left all the Static is gone but when i place it in the middle on balance or to the right it sounds like static again
please help me fix.

rockbottom

Post it in the plugin thread with your OBS logs.

thesaltychuck

SInce the new OBS update the Audio from the NDI source sounds completely static.
-one thing i have notice that fixes this is moving the Balance to the Left all the Static is gone but when i place it in the middle on balance or to the right it sounds like static again
please help me fix.
I am having this same problem. And sliding the balance to the left fixes it for me too. Did you ever figure out how to fix it other than this?

Chicky

Well tried uninstalling software, then reinstalling. Hoped that would put back defaults. Now I do not even see the video input much less get audio. I really wish someone would take pity on me and help me get this thing to work.

Slykilla

Sorry for the long wait here is the Files i used to fix the issue.
-Close out OBS-studio
-Extract the Files
-Open 2 file Explorers to make this easier one file will have the extracted obs Files the other one should be the Internal OBS Studio Files
-Now Find the same folders in both Files Data>OBS-Plugins>OBS-NDI. Now Copy the entire Locale Folder from the Extraction into your OBS-Studio Folder (make sure that if windows ask you want to replace the File).
-go to OBS-Plugin in Both Files
-Copy the 64bit Extracted file into your OBS-studio files (make sure that if windows ask you want to replace the File)
-now Open OBS-Studio. If done Correctly There will be an Error POP Up Stating you need to download NDI Runtime 5 Click on that and go through the Installer.
This should fix the Audio Issue.
if you have any problems the Fastest way to reach me is through Discord and i can walk you through these Steps on a screen share.

Attachments

• obs-ndi-windows-x64-81a16120c (1).zip
    742 KB · Views: 1,899

DrNym

Slykillas solution eventually worked but I had to do some fenagling to get it right. Heres what I did:
-Deleted all NDI sources from OBS, closed OBS

-Uninstalled all NDI-OBS programs via windows "add or remove programs" in settings, deleted related folders that said NDI if any remained in both the locations mentioned in Slykillas post, in the C:>Program Files>obs-studio>data and C:>Program Files>obs-studio>obs-plugins>64bit.

-Went to C:>Program Files and deleted the Newtek folder (which holds the NDI Runtime files, Mine was NDI Runtime 4.10)

-Followed Slykilla's instructions from the top and used the files they attached.

When I opened OBS again I didn't receive any error pop-up or prompt saying I needed to download NDI Runtime 5, but I was able to add in NDI sources, and all NDI sources had working audio. Under program files I do not have any Newtek folder, or folder that seems to contain and NDI Runtime files, the only related files are the ones I added into obs-studio and the NDI folder, which holds the NDI tools 5 stuff. I'm not sure what effect this might have but I'll update this if I run into issues. So far, so good though. I was trying to solve this issue for upwards of 40 committed hours and deleting the Newtek NDI runtime stuff was how I got it to work. Thanks again to Slykilla for coming up with the only working solution I was able to find.

Slykilla

-Close out OBS-studio
-Extract the Files
-Open 2 file Explorers to make this easier one file will have the extracted obs Files the other one should be the Internal OBS Studio Files
-Now Find the same folders in both Files Data>OBS-Plugins>OBS-NDI. Now Copy the entire Locale Folder from the Extraction into your OBS-Studio Folder (make sure that if windows ask you want to replace the File).
-Copy the 64bit Extracted file into your OBS-studio files (make sure that if windows ask you want to replace the File)
-now Open OBS-Studio. If done Correctly There will be an Error POP Up Stating you need to download NDI Runtime 5 Click on that and go through the Installer.
if you have any problems the Fastest way to reach me is through Discord and i can walk you through these Steps on a screen share.
Discord SlyKilla-Twitch#3143
IF YOU ADD ME PLEASE MAKE SURE TO SEND ME A MESSAGE FIRST SO I KNOW THAT YOU NEED HELP WITH OBS

ItsAngelo

IF YOU ADD ME PLEASE MAKE SURE TO SEND ME A MESSAGE FIRST SO I KNOW THAT YOU NEED HELP WITH OBS
HEY MAN ive been trying to do this but cant seem to figure it out if its possible my tag is angelo#0704 ive already sent a request, if you're able to help out that would be great

bres

If somebody still struggling with it; Change the audio settings in OBS on the gaming pc, from stereo to mono. If you have delay on the sound, disable other sound sources except what you are using. These things helped me.

tmcca2

-Close out OBS-studio
-Extract the Files
This allowed me to get decent audio out of OBS for my stream. It is not perfect as there are still some random hiccups in the audio but it is much better than the scratchy/popping audio with the 4.10 obs-ndi plugin.

One issue i still have, I am sending ndi that has transparent background from a presentation software into OBS 28 but OBS does not seem to recognize that the background is transparent. Not sure if this is an issue specific to the work-around @Slykilla posted above. Any help on that would be appreciated. It is for a lyric overlay over a different ndi source video stream.

JetFixxxer

I tried this and for some reason the video on the receiving computer is that of a 486dx with a TNT video card waiting for death slide show.
Secondary computer is running a 2080S and a 5600 with 32 GB of ram. I get really smooth, but static audio if I use the 4.10

museabear

If somebody still struggling with it; Change the audio settings in OBS on the gaming pc, from stereo to mono. If you have delay on the sound, disable other sound sources except what you are using. These things helped me.
you saved me! i made an account just to let you know your my hero.

dev47

There is a 4.10.1 release that has the static audio fix in it, FYI

pvhaus

-Close out OBS-studio
-Extract the Files

Rather than hack a solution, the problem should just be fixed.

The code fix for this problem was known 2022/08/30:

I created a PR for this on 2022/08/30 for the official obs-ndi repo, Palakis/obs-ndi, `rewrite` branch and it was merged:

I also created a PR for this fix on 2022/08/30 on the `master` branch but it has never been merged:

Normally that would be enough to explain the situation, but then confusion happened.
Palakis/obs-ndi released 4.10.0 on 2022/10/28 that is tagged `dummy-tag-4.10.0` and commit `81a16120c704201d304f84d6793d686d8addc367`.

If you install that official 4.10.0 Release, despite that Release page says it is from commit `81a1612`, when you run that code you will see that that NDI Source properties page has a `NDI.NewTek.com` button on it.
1673821397451.png

The `rewrite` branch does not have this button.
1673821423118.png

Only the `master` branch has this button:
1673820759544.png

So, the official Palakis/obs-ndi/ Releases 4.10.0 has to be from the `master` branch, which never had this audio patch merged.

The 2022/10/28 build action https://github.com/Palakis/obs-ndi/actions/runs/3349093529 that is tied to commit `81a1612` has its artifacts at the end of that page.
If you download that build job's obs-ndi-windows-x64-81a16120c-installer and unzip it you will see a `obs-ndi-5.0.0-windows-x64-Installer.exe` installer, that is obviously different from the Release page's obs-ndi-4.10.0-Qt6-Windows-Installer.exe installer.
That obs-ndi 5.0.0 **does** have the fix for this audio (since PR 754 was merged on 2022/09/01), but I doubt many people are running this hidden/buried obs-ndi 5.0.0.

My guess is that the official obs-ndi 4.10.0 Release was manually built from a private qt6 OBS28 compatible master and then uploaded as an official Release.

I am trying to find a way to work with tt2468 or Palakis or anyone else on the obs-project to fix this.
At a minimum, merge the `master` PR 755 fix to `master` and generate a 4.10.1 build.
In addition, create an publicly visible official Release of the 5.0.0 `rewrite` branch.

Pv (aka: NightVsKnight)

Attachments

• 1673821408207.png
    1673821408207.png
    33.3 KB · Views: 91