Resource icon

obs-ndi - NewTek NDI™ integration into OBS Studio 4.13.0

vidiotgameboss

if u want i have it on my 2nd pc streaming the installer for 5.0 i downgraded to 4.10 and i have a lot of issues ...
id also like a download if you still got it, i made the mistake of installing that new 4.10 and immediately started having audio issues, if you can give a link to 5 again that'd be a lifesaver

vidiotgameboss

here you go

thanks a lot man, dunno what happened but likely that they released that file by mistake, its probably some in development build or something, they should of just kept it up and allowed people to test it while warning that its a pre-release version, for me it worked flawlessly unlike that official 4.10 version

FableFoxWeaver

I also had the crackling sound with 4.10. Thanks for the link to the 5.0

The 5.0 version seems less stable though.
First, I had to make a new NDI source as the old one wasn't working after installing 5.0
Then turns out obs-ndi 5.0 is unusable over wi-fi (a lot of black flashes and stuttering). Even 4.10 was ok over wi-fi, but maybe it's because I had some options enabled that don't exist on 5.0.

It's working ok through wired connection so far, but I'm not super excited about this. Seems very unstable.

Shouldn't have updated OBS to 28, but going back seems more cumbersome right now...

Jaybonaut

I also had the crackling sound with 4.10. Thanks for the link to the 5.0

The 5.0 version seems less stable though.
First, I had to make a new NDI source as the old one wasn't working after installing 5.0
Then turns out obs-ndi 5.0 is unusable over wi-fi (a lot of black flashes and stuttering). Even 4.10 was ok over wi-fi, but maybe it's because I had some options enabled that don't exist on 5.0.

It's working ok through wired connection so far, but I'm not super excited about this. Seems very unstable.

Shouldn't have updated OBS to 28, but going back seems more cumbersome right now...
I mentioned you had to make a new source earlier in the thread- this is normal anyway. They have always said you should use a wired connection (as if anyone needed MORE reasons to get off wifi.) It might not be super stable yet, but I have streamed for hours this way. Works well enough until they are ready to re-release.

nunowonder

Oh... sorry but I really needed the 5.0 for Mac Silicon Version (Arm64). Anyway I think I found that file inside something in Github, but the problem is the same for me.

Tormy

thanks a lot man, dunno what happened but likely that they released that file by mistake, its probably some in development build or something, they should of just kept it up and allowed people to test it while warning that its a pre-release version, for me it worked flawlessly unlike that official 4.10 version
here you go

I don't see any OBS NDI on Sourceforge ...

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
dodgepong updated obs-ndi - NewTek NDI™ integration into OBS Studio with a new update entry:

obs-ndi 4.10.0 (OBS 28 Support)

This release is for OBS 28.0.0 or above. It is not a feature release, it simply provides updated binaries to support the changes made in OBS 28

The Ubuntu binaries are for OBS 28, but are compiled for Qt5 on Ubuntu 20.04. Binaries for 22.04 and Qt6 are not currently available.

The macOS binaries are for OBS 28 and Qt6, but you will likely not be able to use this version on ARM machines due to libndi 4 not providing support for ARM.

Windows​

• Using the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Zachb36

We had it working fine on Mac M1, but after having to re-install OBS, we get a "NDI Runtime not found, Download Installer here" error, no matter how many times we download and install it.

Any ideas?
Thank you!

Zachb36

Screenshot 2022-11-12 at 2.04.40 PM.png

Here is a screen shot. As I said, matter how many how many times I download and install it, and restart the Mac, it keeps popping up and NDI no longer works on Mac M1.

(picture removed for brevity's sake)
Here is a screen shot. As I said, matter how many how many times I download and install it, and restart the Mac, it keeps popping up and NDI no longer works on Mac M1.

I'm not a Mac user, but have you tried the 5.5 runtime? That may be built for M1/M2, assuming you're using OBS Studio 28.x.y for Apple Silicon.

As a Windows user, I have had zero problems using various versions of the plugin with runtime installations from 4.5 to 5.5. That said, I cannot assume that your experience on macOS will be the same, especially since 28.x.y is the first release to support Apple Silicon. On the other hand, it may.

--Katt. =^.^=

Zachb36

I'm not a Mac user, but have you tried the 5.5 runtime? That may be built for M1/M2, assuming you're using OBS Studio 28.x.y for Apple Silicon.

As a Windows user, I have had zero problems using various versions of the plugin with runtime installations from 4.5 to 5.5. That said, I cannot assume that your experience on macOS will be the same, especially since 28.x.y is the first release to support Apple Silicon. On the other hand, it may.

--Katt. =^.^=
Where are you downloading the 5.5 runtime from? I tried from the official NDI website, but didn't solve the problem.
And yes, I'm on OBS v. 28 with Apple Silicon m1 CPU.

thedeadpullshow

Is there an ETA of a release version of this OBS NDI plugin that actually uses the current version of NDI from Newtek (Which is version 5.5.2.0 as of this post) ? Having to roll back to a NDI 4.x version runtime is really something that needs to be avoided just so we can use OBS 28 with NDI.

Zachb36

Is there an ETA of a release version of this OBS NDI plugin that actually uses the current version of NDI from Newtek (Which is version 5.5.2.0 as of this post) ? Having to roll back to a NDI 4.x version runtime is really something that needs to be avoided just so we can use OBS 28 with NDI.
Is there a way to even roll back Mac?

Dj DaVyne

Family! I would first like to say I commend all of you on your hard work. In doing so we the users are addicted to the wonderful products you made. So Let me say "WHERE DA HELL IS MY NDI" I need it. I use several computers and bounce content around and this is /was an awesome plugin. Can we update it. OBS Trashed all my other Plugins and I got them all to work except the virtual which is now in OBS. (GREAT JOB) . Can we please add to OBS) sincerely OBS Addict!

Malic

Have been trying to get the files linked above to work, and nothing is working. Have completly cleared all old NDI and OBS installs to make sure there was nothing left over, and it is a no-go.

NDI sources are being seen on the same computer, but am not getting any communication to other PCs across the network.

The only thing I am getting every now and then is the title of the other PCs output shows up, but no video or sound, is just black screen, and the interactive source is a 0x0 pixel in the corner

Malic

Have been trying to get the files linked above to work, and nothing is working. Have completly cleared all old NDI and OBS installs to make sure there was nothing left over, and it is a no-go.

NDI sources are being seen on the same computer, but am not getting any communication to other PCs across the network.

The only thing I am getting every now and then is the title of the other PCs output shows up, but no video or sound, is just black screen, and the interactive source is a 0x0 pixel in the corner
Update,

It is only working after setting both gaming PC and Streaming PC to run as Admin. It should not need this, previous versions did not.

Tormy

Update,

It is only working after setting both gaming PC and Streaming PC to run as Admin. It should not need this, previous versions did not.
It works if you install the NDI Tool 5.0 .. ot me it's occurred so yesterday evening