Resource icon

obs-ndi - NewTek NDI™ integration into OBS Studio 4.13.0

lucaw83

But even Chrome detects a virus when downloading obs-ndi-5.0.0-windows-x64-Installer.exe:

1667328379558.png

SCHEN8

So has anyone downloaded 4.10 and tested it with OBS 28.1.1?
Been waiting for a while and wanted to make sure it worked/was compatible.
Also as far as install instructions...do I just download the Win x64 installer and run it?

feee

Also as far as install instructions...do I just download the Win x64 installer and run it?
Not for Win x64 sorry, this is for MacOS(Apple).

Jaybonaut

Yep, only you need to make sure your A/V doesn't instantly delete it.

I uninstalled the old stuff, updated OBS 27 to 28.1, installed this plugin, then when firing it up it said the NDI Runtime needed to be downloaded and installed, it grabs version 5 for you, installed it, fired up OBS 28.1 again and it's there. You need to name it on the source PC and then refresh the list on the 2nd pc and it will show up. Then you can change the settings to whatever you want. It worked right from the get go but I haven't gone live with it, I only confirmed it worked perfectly when not streaming so far. I noticed OBS 28.1 has some different settings now when using NVENC by the way. So yes, OBS 28.1 works with NDI 4.10.

Like I said, make sure you name it on the source PC. Go to Tools, obs-ndi Settings, then put a checkmark in Program Output and name it whatever you want. Then refresh the list on the 2nd PC (once you've installed it over there also of course.) You will find it in the refreshed list. Oh, you need to add it as a new source on the 2nd PC first (it will offer NDI 5 Source in the Sources list.)

pLy

Somehow they kindly let us know on Palakis Github, that libndi4 has no ARM support, maybe that's another reason they removed the 5.0 package?

nunowonder

Hi! So, I am an Apple M1Max user, and I just installed OBS28 (finally!) after checking here https://obsproject.com/kb/obs-studio-28-plugin-compatibility that MacOS Apple (not INTEL, so the Silicon versions) was Available! But then, I entered and there is no 5.0 package. There´s 4.10, and you should install Ndi runtime 4.5.1.
The thing is: NDI don´t work in this mode! So, maybe with 5.0 it should work? Anyone had the opportunity to download it? Why is not there? Why we that have M1 have to wait for so many months until obs28 is compatible with Apple silicon, and then after that have to wait for NDI compatibility, and now that exists, we can´t use it??

trbutler

It is possible. I combined the instructions I found in several places into one set that worked for the DDRBoxman binary that is now the official 4.10 release of obs-ndi.

(For some reason my previous forum account isn't letting me in, so that's why this is the first post from this particular account. )

Jaybonaut

Yeah looks like they changed it for now, I wonder why. I think I will test the version I grabbed which linked to the NDI 5 stuff. I just saw the instructions change today. If my version works well enough I may sit on it until the next update.

dragu87

if u want i have it on my 2nd pc streaming the installer for 5.0 i downgraded to 4.10 and i have a lot of issues ...

nunowonder

Ok I made 4.10 works by copying that file on the content of NDI Video Monitor and paste it to the folder that we see here like you posted: https://asisaid.com/safari/article/2340.html

The thing is: The sound is not good, lots of distortion... So like you said, the 6.0 version of the plugin should work right? but... where is it? And, what about that file i changed? should i put it back like it was?