Resource icon

obs-ndi - NewTek NDI™ integration into OBS Studio 4.13.0

Epsilon6

Hope, that Im not wrong here...
but how much skype calls are possible to integrate in OBS with the NDIPlugin....
2 calls no problem...
but the 3rd I will see only the skype logo in the NDI Source window
Streamingfenster.PNG

-> ?

teekay1959

I've installed OBS, the NDI plugin, and the NDI camera app for the iPhone. I see NDI as a source in OBS, but I don't see my phone with the app running. It's not available under source name. What might I have missed?
I had the same problem only to realize I had to get the NDIcam up and running on my iPhone first before it would appear in the Source Name field.

teekay1959

The NDI spec may support that but I think the plugin only does stereo. It might do the surround modes that OBS supports if they are enabled-- don't know, I never tried.
Thanks for the reply above. It comes close to addressing my own issue. I've successfully installed the OBS NDI plug-in. I'm able to get the video feed from my iPhone no problem. Also getting the audio signal from the iPhone mic. However, I'd like to use a USB mic instead that I can plug into my iPhone. The mic is called an Apogee One. It has two channels. Channel 1 for an external mic and channel 2 for an instrument (guitar). I'm able to see the NDI meter in OBS respond to the channel 1 signal, but for the life of me I cannot see nor hear the channel 2 signal. I checked the Apogee One against Garageband and both signals come through fine. I've fiddled with Stereo, Mono, checking and unchecking all 6 tracks in the Advanced Audio Properties of the NDI Source and no luck. Any insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Narcogen

This is a question for the developer of NDI Cam. There's no channel routing configuration for NDI on the receiving end; if OBS isn't getting it, NDICam isn't sending it. OBS' internal tracks are not the same as audio channels from an external device.

teacherguy

Thanks for the reply above. It comes close to addressing my own issue. I've successfully installed the OBS NDI plug-in. I'm able to get the video feed from my iPhone no problem. Also getting the audio signal from the iPhone mic. However, I'd like to use a USB mic instead that I can plug into my iPhone. The mic is called an Apogee One. It has two channels. Channel 1 for an external mic and channel 2 for an instrument (guitar). I'm able to see the NDI meter in OBS respond to the channel 1 signal, but for the life of me I cannot see nor hear the channel 2 signal. I checked the Apogee One against Garageband and both signals come through fine. I've fiddled with Stereo, Mono, checking and unchecking all 6 tracks in the Advanced Audio Properties of the NDI Source and no luck. Any insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Try the free demo of Loopback and see if you can address the other channel that way.

StingerNLG

I just want to say the new version of the NDI plugin has nicely stabilized our Skype windows in our podcast. Everything looks great and CPU usage has stayed really low which is a bonus.

Now, if Skype could just fix that incessant "2 people can't talk at the same time" issue they have. But that's for another forum. LOL

I just want to say the new version of the NDI plugin has nicely stabilized our Skype windows in our podcast. Everything looks great and CPU usage has stayed really low which is a bonus.

Now, if Skype could just fix that incessant "2 people can't talk at the same time" issue they have. But that's for another forum. LOL

How are you finding your actually Skype call quality? Been streaming for a live podcast with 3 remote particpants, and th quality of the video from Skype is surprisingly poor, dispite everyone having at least 20mpps uploads on their connections...

JBarnes74

Good morning... I'm trying to install the NDI Plugin for OBS on Mac but it's not showing as a source. OBS 25.0.7 64 bit NDI Plugin 4.5.1

EasyRyno

I have installed Windows NDI Plugin and the Skype options show Local once, guest twice, and active speaker twice. None of them pull video or audio. I have checked that my connection is set to private. But is there some other kind of authorization I need to give to make AV come through?

adamatos

Multiviewer - Would it be possible to have the multiviewer as an NDI out option? Much like how program or preview is available?

virtunite

I have a small problem with NDI for OBS.

I use this plugin to get my audio from my main PC to my Streaming PC.
I have added a "Dedicated NDI Output" to both my Mic and Desktop Sound so I can get both separately onto my Streaming PC.

Problem is that if I mute my mic in OBS on my main PC, the NDI plugin will still transfer the audio to my second PC wich shouldn't happen as the output is muted.

Would it be possible to fix this?

SlavikCA

I see, that I can add NDI output in OBS.
What kind NDI will it produce? Raw NDI? NDI HX? NDI HX2? Can it be configured? Can it's bandwidth / resolution be configured?

The reason I'm asking is because I want to experiment with sending the resulting NDI stream over Internet.

JasperUMC

I am running OBS 25.0.4 (64 bit). I installed OBS-NDI 4.8.0. When I enabled the NDI output so that I could offload the encoding to another computer, it crashed OBS. Now every time I launch OBS, it crashes before I can even uncheck the NDI output. The only way that I can get OBS to run now is to uninstall the OBS-NDI.
The computer is running Windows 10 Pro.

Palakis

Developer
Palakis updated obs-ndi - NewTek NDI™ integration into OBS Studio with a new update entry:

obs-ndi 4.9.0

Only use this release with OBS Studio v25 or above!

Changes since 4.8.0

• Improvements to the NDI Source (#459):
    • The "Sync" setting now defaults to "Source Timing"
      • This is the best option to keep audio and video synced together, and it has been tested against OBS and vMix with successful results.
    • Among the options of the "Sync" source parameter, the "Internal" sync option has...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Avantlord

Thanks for the new entry @Palakis !

Maybe someone in this post can help me :)

I need to set the NDI Output plugin to stream to a NDI Virtual Input using YUY2 instead of UYVY packet format (I suspect webex is rendering the stream as YUY2 making the image blurry). I already change the parameters in settings->advance->video with color format, space and range on OBS but nothing makes the stream improve, I assume this settings doesn't affect NDI Output, I even tried to change the file NewTek_WDM_KS.Sys to alter the DispatchSetFormat order but didn't make any better.

Does any one know how to change packet format output?

OBS 25.0.4 32 bit
NDI Output 4.9.0 (but the UI shows 4.5.2.0)
NDI Runtime 4.5.1
NDI Tools 4
Win 10 pro 64bit

Lilrex

Hi all,

So I have been working with this off and on for a few weeks now. I have things mostly setup but I am having an issue where NDI is capping on my LAN at ~97 Mbps even though the LAN is 1Gig.

I tried reducing the framerate and that did reduce the load and produced a smooth stream but I want this to work at 720p 60.

Anyone have a potential solution for this? I have NDI tools and tried Scan converter but that didn't really do much of anything.

All the cables have been checked and tested, they are fine. Switch is a Netgear GS308 and Router is an Asus AC1900.

OBScruncher

I am running OBS 25.0.8 + installed NDI 4.5.1 macOS runtime + obs-ndi 4.9.0 (had no success with obs-ndi 4.8.0 either) and when connecting a NDI-source (iPhone) it only show a red handle up in the left corner (no feed after clicking OK) + audio (working). IN the phone I can see that it is transmitting (red frame in NDI HX Camera software (latest version).

I also did boot up another MacOS volume (clean installment with the latest MacOS) just to see if I had any inte conflict with another plugin etc. but no luck.

Anyone with some tips or is this known with this combo of latest MacOS version + OBS + NDI plugin?

Untitled 17.jpg

jzzen

Can't get my iPhone or iPad to show up in source name for NDI Source properties. I am using windows10 laptop. Using OBS 25.08 and abs-ndi plugin 4.9. I have pressed record on NDI APP on IOS device but no joy. NDI Virtual input seems to see iPhone ok. What could be the problem?

Fab2B

Hi ! i've an issue and i can't find a clue in log. SDI seems to stop sending flux after 10 mn. In log there's nothing related to that. The only way to restart flux is to go in SDI output setup and confirm again the output. Log show SDI was still working, shutdown and restart.