Resource icon

OBS Lyrics 2.0.0

DCStrato

Hello Amirchev.
I am trying to call the refrain inside the "#A[ #A]" alternate source block. I have both English and Spanish showing at the same time and the English is shown in the text source and the Spanish is shown in the Alternate Source. When I setup the Lyrics I setup the English with the refrain "#R[ #R]" and it all works great. Then I add the Spanish and put it into the "#A[ #A]" alternate block and set up the Spanish refrain inside the alternate block, but when I try to use it, the Spanish inside the alternate block only shows the last line of the alternate refrain when the refrain is called "##R". I can't figure out how to call the whole refrain inside the alternate block.
I was using OBS 27.2.4 but I installed 27.1.1 to see if it works there. Both are the same. Also using latest version of OBS Lyrics+ and Windows 10
Hey RL,
I will try to test that case sometime this week and see what is going on. Sorry for the late reply but I have been traveling and not checking the forum. D.C.

DCStrato

RL,

I think this version of Lyrics+ repairs the Refrain Block of the Alternate Block as requested.

D.C.

Attachments

• lyrics+.zip
    32.1 KB · Views: 53

RLShop

Thank you DC. Only did some quick tests but it seems to work as expected. Thank you again for all your work and your quick solution

I haven't needed to post anything for some time now, but the Lyric script isn't working. Background: I installed the latest version of OBS which crashed my camera controller, so I uninstalled the new version and reinstalled the previous version. I copied Lyric script to the proper folder and I can see my list of songs again and I see it listed in the Scripts library. However, I'm used to using my right & left arrow keys to move through the script, but that is not working now. I'm assuming it's loading the lyrics fine but just not displaying them. I don't see any settings that are wrong, but something is obviously not working. Suggestions?

I haven't needed to post anything for some time now, but the Lyric script isn't working. Background: I installed the latest version of OBS which crashed my camera controller, so I uninstalled the new version and reinstalled the previous version. I copied Lyric script to the proper folder and I can see my list of songs again and I see it listed in the Scripts library. However, I'm used to using my right & left arrow keys to move through the script, but that is not working now. I'm assuming it's loading the lyrics fine but just not displaying them. I don't see any settings that are wrong, but something is obviously not working. Suggestions?
I found it. The intro video helped. I needed to set my advance/go back hotkeys in the Setting box. Life is good again!

I have one more issue I can't resolve. When I switch Scenes, the script is not loading the new lyric file. It just keep showing the same lyric no matter which Scene I pick. I have the Load Lyric first in the list, then my Lyrics box, then my PTZ camera source. Ideas?

I have one more issue I can't resolve. When I switch Scenes, the script is not loading the new lyric file. It just keep showing the same lyric no matter which Scene I pick. I have the Load Lyric first in the list, then my Lyrics box, then my PTZ camera source. Ideas?
OK. I found it. I had somehow set the Prepared Song box to a particular song, so that is the only song that it would load. When I took that off it seems to be working correctly again.

Tonite after mass i wanted to load other lyrics for the next mass but when i selected "Tools", "Scripts" it didn't show the lua script window. I updated to OBS 28.03 last Thursday.......can anyone help?
I can't say what kind of window opened because i'm not in church anymore.....maybe Monday again.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Tonite after mass i wanted to load other lyrics for the next mass but when i selected "Tools", "Scripts" it didn't show the lua script window. I updated to OBS 28.03 last Thursday.......can anyone help?
I can't say what kind of window opened because i'm not in church anymore.....maybe Monday again.
Thanks in advance!
Solved......i was looking at the wrong tab in the scripts window.....Sorry

I seem to remember reading about a feature, but I didn't need it at the time, and now I can't find the part of this thread that addresses that issue. I'll just pose it as a question instead. Is there a way to code my text file to display the words following that code to be formatted differently than the regular text? Example: responsive reading where leader's words are white, but the what the congregation reads is in yellow. Thoughts? Doable?

I seem to remember reading about a feature, but I didn't need it at the time, and now I can't find the part of this thread that addresses that issue. I'll just pose it as a question instead. Is there a way to code my text file to display the words following that code to be formatted differently than the regular text? Example: responsive reading where leader's words are white, but the what the congregation reads is in yellow. Thoughts? Doable?
I had the same question about translation, and the only solution is the alternate text object which can be formatted separately from the primary text object.

The thread you were looking for (i think):

Tyefall

I first off want to say thank you to the people that worked so hard putting this script together to use in a church setting, but also have so much more functionality than that. We appreciate all the work you peeps put in!
So onto an issue I am coming up with.
I am running Windows 11 and latest version of lyrics+.
I have issue with advancing lyric using hot keys. I have hot key setup and monitor dock showing what line is next and when I hit my hot key to advance, it shows it in the monitor that it advances, but not on the screen. Same thing when I go to previous line. I have to manually click advance in the script for it to work.

This is not really an issue, but would definitely make life so much easier and the process smoother and someone else had mentioned it before on here, but no resolution to it.

Clicking on the song folder in the script takes me to all my songs, but double clicking does not auto populate to the lyrics box. It takes me to the editor, which is my notepad on Windows.

That's fine, I guess, if I needed to change something, but my song folder is all organized and formatted properly and ready to be displayed on screen so it would make more sense if I double clicked on a song and it already populate into the lyrics box making for a smoother transition.

My workaround is using the filter with meta tag using the song number in the hymnal related to song to instantly find what I need for each service. Also having the list of prepared songs and not having to copy and paste every single time is such a time saver and more efficient, but I think it would be easier to find songs and populate if we could use the file manager on the desktop. Might be a big ask, but also dragging the file into lyrics box and have it populate that way too.

DCStrato

Thanks for the feedback. There are a lot of use cases to cover with the script and why it ultimately go so big! We use it every Sunday. Our use case however is that every event in the service has its own scene, including every song. So when the scene loads for the next song, an embedded load lyric source grabs the correct song and loads it. (we don't prepare a list). We also don't use the monitor. i wrote that part due to some requests, the same as alternate lyrics. Hot keys are an important and key part of paging to previous and next lyrics and I suspect everyone uses those extensively. We certainly do, but not with the monitor. I will admit I have not had time to spend with much maintenence lately, but promise to take a look and see if I can discover any issues that might be causing your hot keys not to work. I will attach the code we are using that I have made a few additional custom additions to. One is that each source load can specify a different lyric text and title source that will be populated only for that scene (different than the default text sources selected in the main script dialog. We just found a case where a song text needed to be formatted differently than other songs and this feature solved that. You can let me know if this side version works or not. Capturing double-click events other than the windows default (like loading your editor) is not easy in LUA. I love a new challenge however and will see if anything is possible. DC

Attachments

• lyrics++.zip
    31.7 KB · Views: 33

JDHaviland

amirchev submitted a new resource:

OBS Lyrics - Manage and display lyrics to any text source in your OBS scene.

Read more about this resource...
I am running on a Mac Mini (hard to figure out where to put the script), and find the hotkeys are unreliable. Last week I set up the lyrics for 5 hymns on Sunday morning, but when it was time to start streaming, the hotkeys refused to work at all. Very frustrating. What happened, and how can I avoid that?

JDHaviland

Thanks for the feedback. There are a lot of use cases to cover with the script and why it ultimately go so big! We use it every Sunday. Our use case however is that every event in the service has its own scene, including every song. So when the scene loads for the next song, an embedded load lyric source grabs the correct song and loads it. (we don't prepare a list). We also don't use the monitor. i wrote that part due to some requests, the same as alternate lyrics. Hot keys are an important and key part of paging to previous and next lyrics and I suspect everyone uses those extensively. We certainly do, but not with the monitor. I will admit I have not had time to spend with much maintenence lately, but promise to take a look and see if I can discover any issues that might be causing your hot keys not to work. I will attach the code we are using that I have made a few additional custom additions to. One is that each source load can specify a different lyric text and title source that will be populated only for that scene (different than the default text sources selected in the main script dialog. We just found a case where a song text needed to be formatted differently than other songs and this feature solved that. You can let me know if this side version works or not. Capturing double-click events other than the windows default (like loading your editor) is not easy in LUA. I love a new challenge however and will see if anything is possible. DC
I find a distinct lack of response to issues in this forum. I am running on a Mac Mini and had everything working fine last week, but Sunday morning the hotkeys refused to work, meaning we couldn’t display the hymns on our stream. Fifteen minutes after the stream was over, I finally got the hotkeys working again, but just don’t trust them anymore! I need help, here!

DCStrato

I find a distinct lack of response to issues in this forum. I am running on a Mac Mini and had everything working fine last week, but Sunday morning the hotkeys refused to work, meaning we couldn’t display the hymns on our stream. Fifteen minutes after the stream was over, I finally got the hotkeys working again, but just don’t trust them anymore! I need help, here!
Sorry, but I don't have access to a Mac Mini. I am both a co-author and a User, but am also retired, travel extensively, and have longer periods of time when I am unable to offer signifcant support. So I appologize. FYI, We use this software every Sunday (with hotkeys). However I probably only check the forum once a week or so. The hot-keys are pretty standard OBS however, nothing special. Any ideas what you may have done than got them working again. If you can offer any clues, I am happy to see if I can make some form of Hotfix. I have made small personal changes over the last year that helped our team, that may not be part of the current download. One is the Isolate Edit Window button near the top that collapses all of the extra parts of the dialog and leaves just the file selection and directory windows so it is easier to add new lyrics. I will attach this custom version which is exactly what we have used every Sunday for over a year (on a PC). I will try to check the forum more often the next few weeks for any additional feedback you might have concerning this issue. Any small clues might be helpful in tracking down why your hotkeys may have suddenly stopped working.

D.C.

Attachments

• lyrics++(custom).zip
    31.7 KB · Views: 8

JDHaviland

Sorry, but I don't have access to a Mac Mini. I am both a co-author and a User, but am also retired, travel extensively, and have longer periods of time when I am unable to offer signifcant support. So I appologize. FYI, We use this software every Sunday (with hotkeys). However I probably only check the forum once a week or so. The hot-keys are pretty standard OBS however, nothing special. Any ideas what you may have done than got them working again. If you can offer any clues, I am happy to see if I can make some form of Hotfix. I have made small personal changes over the last year that helped our team, that may not be part of the current download. One is the Isolate Edit Window button near the top that collapses all of the extra parts of the dialog and leaves just the file selection and directory windows so it is easier to add new lyrics. I will attach this custom version which is exactly what we have used every Sunday for over a year (on a PC). I will try to check the forum more often the next few weeks for any additional feedback you might have concerning this issue. Any small clues might be helpful in tracking down why your hotkeys may have suddenly stopped working.

D.C.
Thank you. The only thing I did that might have gotten the hotkeys working again was to add a second set of hotkeys. I had <shift-left> and <shift-right> setup, then added <control-left> and <control-right> as alternates and suddenly both options worked. I had tried changing them several times to no effect, but adding the alternates did. Given this, I tend not to trust them to keep working right now. Another interesting clue is that show/hide lyrics doesn’t work at all, though this is less of an issue, since I simply created 2 scenes, one with them and one without.

(BTW: what is the difference between lyrics and lyrics+?)

JDHaviland

Thank you. The only thing I did that might have gotten the hotkeys working again was to add a second set of hotkeys. I had <shift-left> and <shift-right> setup, then added <control-left> and <control-right> as alternates and suddenly both options worked. I had tried changing them several times to no effect, but adding the alternates did. Given this, I tend not to trust them to keep working right now. Another interesting clue is that show/hide lyrics doesn’t work at all, though this is less of an issue, since I simply created 2 scenes, one with them and one without.

(BTW: what is the difference between lyrics and lyrics+?)
I tried the Lyrics++, but could not select a source. Refreshing, restarting, etc. refused to populate the available sources. Went back to lyrics+ and it worked. We’ll see if it continues to work.