Resource icon

OBS Lyrics 2.0.0

DCStrato

woops..
I mean the grammar box. on the top of the script.
It takes so large space and I need to scroll down to access the prepare section.

Sorry, the online grammar tool changed it..
Already changed in the new version. It is now an optional button to display the syntax help. There is still a heading but it is not that big.

apluzz

I am experiencing with a glitch right now with the "Fade Text Out/In for Next Lyric" function. When it is off the lyric of the song advances, but if I turn it on, it fades in/out on the same line only whenever I press to advance or go back. Please help

DCStrato

Hi Apluzz,

I am unable to duplicate your issue. I am testing with this version. A new version is very close to release so I don't expect any more patches to the older code.

DC

Attachments

• lyrics.zip
    13.6 KB · Views: 41

apluzz

Hi Apluzz,

I am unable to duplicate your issue. I am testing with this version. A new version is very close to release so I don't expect any more patches to the older code.

DC
Thanks.

I have 3 computers, it works ok on 2 with Win 10, but for some reason, the function does not work with Win 11.
I already tried reloading the lua, but the issue persist

DCStrato

Thanks.

I have 3 computers, it works ok on 2 with Win 10, but for some reason, the function does not work with Win 11.
I already tried reloading the lua, but the issue persist

Thanks,

We have not tested this with Windows 11 that I am aware. It might be a timing issue with OBS and Win 11 that will need to be sorted.

D.C.

WaveSim

Now, I am back!!!
I have used an older version until before this week.
Last week, I have tested the 2.0 version on my home PC, and it looks great than expected except for only the Korea file name issue.
However, when I upgraded for my church's PC on Sunday, I struggled to use it, especially the show/hide function.
I can't use the show/hide function.
When I clicked the button on the script window, the related sources didn't act correctly.
Here's my experience:
1. click the show/hide button.
2. the related sources can't be show or hide.
3. The preview window doesn't change as well.
4. When I click other function buttons which will next,previous lyrics, next, previous songs etc, the previous window become red which means now the lyric is hide. However, still lyric can't be hide on the main screen.

Attached screen captured file.

image (2).png

DCStrato

Thanks for the feedback. I have been using the 2.0 version and hide show works but see if I can find something. Thanks for the screen shot. The old version blanked the Text differently. I think there will be a few updates to minor bugs soon, and hopefully, I can get this addressed as well. Does using non-Korea file names work if you don't use them for Titles? You can specify the text for the title in the hymn text.

WaveSim

Thanks for the feedback. I have been using the 2.0 version and hide show works but see if I can find something. Thanks for the screen shot. The old version blanked the Text differently. I think there will be a few updates to minor bugs soon, and hopefully, I can get this addressed as well. Does using non-Korea file names work if you don't use them for Titles? You can specify the text for the title in the hymn text.
Thanks for your answer..
Does this 'non-Korea' mean 'non-Englsh'? That function works well. However, it doesn't fit my situation. For our volunteers, it is difficult to name in English for file names. It is almost the same as the ENC file name.
Any new functions look some complicate however, the features are great!!! except this issue~.

radiotibor

Hello and a huge thank you for OBS Lyrics! The United Presbyterian Church of MIllstone uses it as a lifeline for our livestreams. I updated to 2.0 this week and see the following:
-Prepared songs and connection to sources don't survive laptop standby (I prepare songs at home and bring the laptop to the church)
-Toggling show/hide often results in switching scenes
The first is a bigger deal, the second is just an inconvenience, any others seeing this?
I'm running Win 11

DCStrato

Thanks for your answer..
Does this 'non-Korea' mean 'non-Englsh'? That function works well. However, it doesn't fit my situation. For our volunteers, it is difficult to name in English for file names. It is almost the same as the ENC file name.
Any new functions look some complicate however, the features are great!!! except this issue~.
Fundamentally OBS does NOT support Korean filenames for LUA scripts. It is a LUA limitation that is very difficult to overcome. The script will try to Encode Korean characters into a simple file name (no extended asciii character set) then decode it back. This does make filenames viewed in windows not have a recognizable name. I wish there was a more eloquent answer/solution.

Last edited:

DCStrato

Hello and a huge thank you for OBS Lyrics! The United Presbyterian Church of MIllstone uses it as a lifeline for our livestreams. I updated to 2.0 this week and see the following:
-Prepared songs and connection to sources don't survive laptop standby (I prepare songs at home and bring the laptop to the church)
-Toggling show/hide often results in switching scenes
The first is a bigger deal, the second is just an inconvenience, any others seeing this?
I'm running Win 11
Prepared lyrics were moved to settings file in the latest version. However there is a checkbox inside the Edit Prepared Songs List dialog box that moves them back to a separate file in the Songs Folder. Maybe this will cure your "standby" issue. We use the same computer and it really never gets turned off. I will try to somehow emulate the "standby" condition and see what is happening. Thanks for the feedback.
D.C.

Linksup

I have been using the Lyrics script and it is pretty awesome. But it looks lke OBS 27.2 broke the script. I can step through the lyrics with my hot keys and the Preview window is updated, but the Program window does not update unless I hit the Transition button in between.

Linksup

I have been using the Lyrics script and it is pretty awesome. But it looks lke OBS 27.2 broke the script. I can step through the lyrics with my hot keys and the Preview window is updated, but the Program window does not update unless I hit the Transition button in between.

I got it to work. I had Duplicate Sources check on the Transition button. After unchecking it, it started to work!

DCStrato

I got it to work. I had Duplicate Sources check on the Transition button. After unchecking it, it started to work!
Unfortunately Duplicate Sources does not let Lyrics change the program text. Tried adding a "transition after load" box to automatically press the transition button with duplicate sources, but it was not very consistent.

D.C.

DCStrato

Amirchev,
I have a question. Is it possible to display italic text with this script.
When i use "<i> & </i>" it displays it in italic in the dock-menu but on screen it doesn't work (it shows <i> the text </i>).
Because i wanna use Latin scripture and on the other (separate) line the translation in italic.
Hope to hear from u.
The only italic supported would be if the text object is actually formatted that way in OBS. The LUA editor is a different text engine. Some language based users are leveraging the "alternate" text object which can be formatted separately from the primary text object.

D.C.

The only italic supported would be if the text object is actually formatted that way in OBS. The LUA editor is a different text engine. Some language based users are leveraging the "alternate" text object which can be formatted separately from the primary text object.

D.C.
Thanks....this works for me.

RLShop

Hello Amirchev.
I am trying to call the refrain inside the "#A[ #A]" alternate source block. I have both English and Spanish showing at the same time and the English is shown in the text source and the Spanish is shown in the Alternate Source. When I setup the Lyrics I setup the English with the refrain "#R[ #R]" and it all works great. Then I add the Spanish and put it into the "#A[ #A]" alternate block and set up the Spanish refrain inside the alternate block, but when I try to use it, the Spanish inside the alternate block only shows the last line of the alternate refrain when the refrain is called "##R". I can't figure out how to call the whole refrain inside the alternate block.
I was using OBS 27.2.4 but I installed 27.1.1 to see if it works there. Both are the same. Also using latest version of OBS Lyrics+ and Windows 10