OBS keep crashing at random times

TheEnigmist

I notice this problems since Oct / Nov after updated to new OBS 28 while streaming Resident Evil 8. Before it I was using the same scenes and sources, I moved NVIDIA Broadcast (virtual greenscreen) to OBS built-in version. After that time OBS start be unresponsive, the stream stops and I need to force quit OBS and then start again. Then it works good for a while and then suddenly stops to work again.
I moved to OBS 29 (and now 29.02) hoping in a more stability, but is even worse. I cannot play Dead Space or Legacy Hogwarts while using OBS. If OBS is not open I can play without any problems.
My setup is:
Ryzen 5 3600
Palit RTX 3070 GamingPro
16 GB RAM
Windows 11
OBS 29.02
HAGS OFF

I think I will rollback to OBS 27 since it was the only one that worked like a sharm.

From Windows Event Logs I see a lot of "Crashing Error" involving GalaxyClientService with the same correlated file of obs64 crashes. it is reported ntdll.dll to be the cause. What is this?
I attach OBS logs and Windows System Logs
I removed a lot of error from OBS logs like this
Error: [Report Only] Refused to connect to 'https://api.streamelements.com/****' because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "connect-src 'none'".
Error: [Report Only] Refused to evaluate a string as JavaScript because 'unsafe-eval' is not an allowed source of script in the following Content Security Policy directive: "script-src 'none'".

Attachments

• 2023-02-07 22-47-53.txt
    12.6 KB · Views: 58
  • gog.txt
    528 bytes · Views: 29
  • obs.txt
    508 bytes · Views: 32

TheEnigmist

I moved virtual greenscreen from obs to native nvidia app (broadcast), removed HW acceleration for browser sources.
I tested it with v29, v28, v27. All of them has this problem.
Without all HW filters in OBS now it start lagging hardly but it doesn't crash, at least, but this create a huge delay in stream ( > 30 sec)
Tested software stream instead of NVEC, same problems

deFrisselle

TheEnigmist

Alredy done, there is no crash log, and in normal log it is ok for the analyzer

Monty_Mole

Sounds like a conflict with a program, so make sure you don't have anything else running apart from the game and OBS.
I had a similar issue with OBS crashing randomly, I then came across a site that suggests to create a new Windows user, so I created a new user profile and this resolved the issue for me. And when I tested on the other user again, I still had the same problem so I now use the new user.

There were other methods on their post, so not sure if any of these would help. But I would definitely try a new user profile first.
https://computersluggish.com/guides/obs-crashing-pc/