OBS Game Capture Blinking/Flickering

mfaisalr29

Hi, i wanna ask why my Valorant blinking on my screen while streaming with Game Capture.

The screen is only blinking on the game. If i alt tab to desktop it's alright no blinking at all. And the stream is not blinking too (i watched it on my yt while it was blinking.)

I think the problem is the obs (maybe setting or something else). Because if the blinking comes, then I stop the stream and close the OBS, the valorant won't blink again. But when I try to restream again, the valorant will blinking again.

Specs:
I7 7700HQ
GTX1050 4GB
2x8GB 2400MHz ddr4
Samsung 970 evo plus

Output setting:
CBR 3650 kbps
Tested on nvidia nvenc h264, nvenc hevc, intel quicksync h264 with the same blinking.

Tested on latest, 27.x, 28.x, 25.x, 23.x with same blinking.

Tested with discord on and off. With same blinking.

Tested on windows setting: game mode off and on, gpu scheduler off and on, running obs with low performance and high performance on graphic settings.

Blinking video:

AaronD

If it was OBS, then the entire video would be blinking, but it's only the screen that you're pointing the camera at. I think it's an interaction between the camera and the screen. The game and the desktop may run in different modes, which would explain why one does and the other doesn't.

mfaisalr29

Do you have any idea how to solve it? Because it only appear since I do start streaming with Game Capture.

I tested the window capture for phone games live stream it's alright no problem at all.
If it was OBS, then the entire video would be blinking, but it's only the screen that you're pointing the camera at. I think it's an interaction between the camera and the screen. The game and the desktop may run in different modes, which would explain why one does and the other doesn't.

AaronD

Uhh... Don't point a camera at a screen? It's *possible* to do that well enough that no one will notice that that's what they're watching, but it's REALLY HARD! Transferring either direction between film and video tape, for example, was exactly that, and it took some careful design and construction to get it right.

If you can avoid that, DO! Use a capture card on the signal that goes into the screen, for one example. Or if you're capturing on the same computer that feeds that screen, use a Display Capture or Screen Capture.

mfaisalr29

Update:
When using VBR, the blinking is only a seconds like 5 sec or something and the FPS is going 50-60.

After the blinking, its start normally and blinking for some situation