OBS for recording a livestream using GoPro 9 and GoPro 10 on Mac

recordingopro

Hello everybody. I'm planning on doing recordings for further publication on Youtube for a room with a dj and crowd, using a GoPro 9 and 10 connected through cable with a Mac which I'm not sure yet what specs.

-Is it any M1 16gb good enough for the job? What Mac would you recommend?
-Do i need an external video capture to connect both cameras or can I plug them directly to the Mac?
-I have a Tascam for the audio recording. Which external audio card should I use to connect it to the Mac? Do I need one?
-Can I still use OBS for the recordings and do the necessary processing without post editing? Just record and have the file ready for upload to Youtube.
-The resolution of the recording will be 1080p / 24fps.

I appreciate your help and I'm around for replies asap.

Last edited:
Yes the M1 is good enough, I have 14" pro and it has 3 X USB-C ports so if your is the same specs then that would work fine.
Just plug your GoPro into your Mac using a USB-C cable and turn the camera on with OBS already running then create the sources and add the cameras for the scenes. You might have to install GoPro driver for the cameras. Considering how loud it might get, your audio will sound distorted so get audio plugin for compression and limiter.

DayGeckoArt

These GoPros have USB webcam mode but it's unreliable and requires a special driver and program on the computer. I don't recommend them at all for a live event! Look at dedicated webcams. Mokose makes ones with interchangeable lenses and manual focusing and even zoom