OBS for Mac OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conair

Hi, I understand it takes time to rewrite something as complicated as OBS, but do you have an estimated time of arrival for this new Mac support? I constantly stream Call of Duty but without an overlay or anything else to make my stream look better, I am stuck with an amateur looking stream.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Right now the current estimation for an initial alpha release is sometime in early 2014.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
It's still some time before it's released but it's getting closer. Things are working on all three major operating systems right now with the current version, windows, mac, linux, but there's still more work to be done before it's usable, and probably countless tiny features to add after that

D

Deleted member 11581

I love love love using OBS on windows, but it's a windows partition on Mac, so having native Mac would definitely clear the headache of OS swapping just to stream.

If it would help any, I would throw money at you guys to speed up the progress ;) I work as a web designer, and I know how things can get backed up, but money always makes it goes faster hehe. I'm sure I am not alone here for donating to help it along :)

Great work guys!

~ Chris

D

Deleted member 11581

Ooooo what about a kickstarter for OBS Mac? That might be more productive and give you guys a set date goal and users an Idea of what's going on with it :) http://www.kickstarter.com/

~ Chris

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
A Kickstarter would be a bad idea. Rewards for tiers would end up sucking away funds, since the final product is free. If you want to support OBS's development monetarily, then just donate. It's basically the same thing, but without unnecessary tier rewards that aren't fitting of a free open source project.

A Kickstarter won't help set a release date, either. It will be released when it's ready to be released, which will be sometime early this year. Several talented people are working on it, and we will announce it very publicly when it's in a state that's ready for public consumption in an alpha form.

If you want to follow it's development, then watch the git commits on https://github.com/jp9000/obs-studio. You can see that steady progress is made on it every day.

I know you want it to be released, but you're just going to need to be patient.

Madd the Sane

OBS Mac support is planned, it's just going to take awhile for support to be added. A Kickstarter would only be used to pay for a Mac developer to help port it over.

So I'd say no for a Kickstarter campaign.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Guys, this is in progress right now, the mac version of studio works the same as the windows and even the linux versions right now. It's definitely on its way, it's not just planned but it's currently being built.

NixOfftopic

i think obs for windows is already very good (i used to have a windows computer) if mac and/or linux had all of that, thats all i think we need. :D

RoLLeN

Can't wait, am really glad this is being worked on!!
Best regards and best of luck to you guys working on it!!

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
A usable release is definitely within the next few months. Palana already wrote a screen capture for it which is as fast as the windows versions' screen capture. All that remains is getting sound capture, finishing up user interface, and finishing up the API.

I know people want some sort of solid time frame but I just can't give that right now.

ruimac

It is understandable (being a developer myself I know how that is).
However, a time frame of "within the next few months" is already something nice to know :-)
Thank you for the fast reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.