OBS for Mac OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
maybe -- I just need to complete most of the main features for the windows version I'm going to look at other operating systems, such as mac and linux

faeton

Oh sh`t it would be sooo awesome if we would have osx version of obs.
Is it rly hard to port it? OSX = no DX :(

faeton

I'm so freakingly willing to test any kind of streaming beta-alpha version for OSX.
Because I've got windows on my macs only to stream HON using OBS. Would rly like to kill that win-partition. :))

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
it's no problem if there's no directx, I'll use opengl or software rendering or something if necessary. I'm going to be spending a -lot- of time experimenting with this stuff once I guess major features out of the way.

I am very interested in playing around with linux/macos versions, but I need to get the windows version to a stable and solid state first. may not be for a fairly long time however, as there are still some major base fundamental things to be done for the windows version

faeton

There's a lot of options to stream with on Windows but even no OK alternative in OSX. So impatiently waiting for some pre-pre-alpha version. :)

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
It will still be a fair amount of time before I start working on a macos/linux prototype right now -- as soon as I get the windows version cleaned up somewhat and get major features out of the way I'll start experimentation on it

Klorin

Very excited about this as well.. OBS runs very smooth on Windows and we are starting to get quite alot of games on Mac now as well.

Madd the Sane

If you haven't already, you can speed up porting when you do make OS X/Linux versions by separating the streaming code and the capture code. Also, I'd advise you not to use data types that are Windows-specific, as well as using POSIX functions as much as possible.

biwua

oh man!!!! this is awesome software for broadcasting,but sadly it is for win only...
i try the win version, and it is very smooth!!
hoping that you can make the osx version quickly :D
i really really want to use it !!!!!!

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
It will still be some time before a Mac-compatible version is released, but it's definitely not being ignored.

wakoquacko

That would be awesome, you would be the only free & OS streaming software for OS X. Certainly make XSplit rethink their roadmap, point blank ignoring it.

GuNStArHeRo

this is good news for me being that i'm a Mac user. Elgato Game Capture and OBS will be the only two streaming options for Mac users.

bifuteki

There are free options on Mac. Cocoasplit, FMLE. I mean yeah there are just 2, but Cocoasplit right now works great along with camtwist.

Harlock

I don't want to resurrect this thread needlessly, but I feel it' important to stress how badly the Mac community needs something like obs.

There isn't a single free all-in-one solution out there except the FMLE-Camtwist combo which definitely has bugs and even professional solutions like Wirecast are are extremely resource intensive to be effective for game-streaming rigs. I get more performance on my low end i3 PC with obs than with my i7 Mac with Wirecast. It's simply mind-boggling.

If you manage to port this software to OSX, you will instantly blow away all the competition, paid and free.
Good job on this amazing software and keep up with the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.