OBS Ethernet Issues

TheMurphination

Hey guys, so I just began streaming over the summer and got my PC a few months ago, but whenever I plugged my Ethernet cable into my PC my stream would constantly disconnect and then reconnect every few minutes. So I’ve been streaming wirelessly. I reached out to a friend of mine today and we were able to at least stop the disconnecting and reconnecting issue (I had to disable my main wifi source), but now my stream constantly drops tons of frames. Did a test stream a few days ago for about 10 minutes and we dropped about 1025 frames.

My friend said it could be an internet issue or a cable issue (cat6), but I just got a cat8 a few days ago and have the same issue... Has anyone else run into either of these issues?

Here's the latest log file URL: https://obsproject.com/logs/7EL_C1tG4wqgVJYj

Thanks in advance!!

qhobbes

1. Using Windows Update, update to Windows 10 20H2/09 if available per https://obsproject.com/blog/five-simple-tips-for-new-streamers
2. One of your audio devices has a sample rate that doesn't match the rest. This can result in audio drift over time or sound distortion. Check your audio devices in Windows settings (both Playback and Recording) and ensure the Default Format (under Advanced) is consistent. 48000 Hz is recommended.
OBS Sample Rate: 48000 Hz
Speakers (High Definition Audio Device): 48000 Hz
Microphone (Hauppauge HD PVR Pro 60): 48000 Hz
Microphone (High Definition Audio Device): 44100 Hz
Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (High Definition Audio Device): 48000 Hz
3. Binding to a manually chosen IP address is rarely needed. Go to Settings -> Advanced -> Network and set "Bind to IP" back to "Default".
4. Multiple Game Capture sources are usually not needed, and can sometimes interfere with each other. You can use the same Game Capture for all your games! If you change games often, try out the hotkey mode, which lets you press a key to select your active game. If you play games in fullscreen, use 'Capture any fullscreen application' mode.

Do these and post new log if still having issues.

TheMurphination

1. Using Windows Update, update to Windows 10 20H2/09 if available per https://obsproject.com/blog/five-simple-tips-for-new-streamers
2. One of your audio devices has a sample rate that doesn't match the rest. This can result in audio drift over time or sound distortion. Check your audio devices in Windows settings (both Playback and Recording) and ensure the Default Format (under Advanced) is consistent. 48000 Hz is recommended.
OBS Sample Rate: 48000 Hz
Speakers (High Definition Audio Device): 48000 Hz
Microphone (Hauppauge HD PVR Pro 60): 48000 Hz
Microphone (High Definition Audio Device): 44100 Hz
Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (High Definition Audio Device): 48000 Hz
3. Binding to a manually chosen IP address is rarely needed. Go to Settings -> Advanced -> Network and set "Bind to IP" back to "Default".
4. Multiple Game Capture sources are usually not needed, and can sometimes interfere with each other. You can use the same Game Capture for all your games! If you change games often, try out the hotkey mode, which lets you press a key to select your active game. If you play games in fullscreen, use 'Capture any fullscreen application' mode.

Do these and post new log if still having issues.
Hey man thank you so much! I’ll try this out tomorrow and keep you all updated!!