OBS drops over an over

FIRST OFF, I have read the threads about bit rate and all that, I have reinstalled, switched servers, everything that post says to check and do and your service still drops me. Seriously, I start my stream and less than 30 seconds later it drops me, NOTHING ELSE DROPS NOT THE INTERNET, NOT DISCORD, NONE OF the other things here connected drop, I have been dropped more than a dozen times in less than 10-20 mins, let me repeat NOTHING LESE DROPS and all my drivers are updated, the router is fine, even reset that and no change. I have attached a speed test pic, I did this ten times and my connection is strong each time. This has been happening for 3 weeks to over a month now and I didn't change a gdm thing. How the F@#$ am I supposed to build a community when your software doesn't work properly........

Attachments

• Untitled-1.png
    Untitled-1.png
    90.3 KB · Views: 11

PaiSand

Different protocols may not work as intended if an issue on the network happens. The most common issue happens on the ISP side and is consistent with what you describe. This used to happen more often than you think, especially when new hardware is added or updated and it needs to be properly configured. The speedtest do not verify rtmp protocol, the one used for streaming.
OBS works as it should be, your network or the ISP network don't.

A log file from a moment this is happening is also needed.
If you stream to twitch you cna use the twitch speed test for more accuratelly measure your internet connection against twitch servers:
Anything bellow 90 quality is bad.

Lawrence_SoCal

you really don't get it, do you? beware, I'm intentionally not displaying high Emotional Intelligence in this post (cuz this is a technical forum, not therapy)

in over 4 years of using OBS Studio, and watching these forums, the VAST majority of the time dropped connections have NOTHING to do with OBS Studio. at all. Usually LAN/WAN or 3rd party OBS plugins, often really bad, non-default OBS Studio settings (ie self-inflicted. OBS Studio won't prevent you from shooting yourself in the foot, so to speak), and most of the remainder being PC itself (OS or h/w), with a rare occasion being something internal to OBS Studio itself.

I notice you did NOT follow forum guidelines and post an OBS Studio log from when you had an issue.
What are you doing for real-time monitoring of your PC hardware resource utilization as well as WAN traffic? if you are like most people, you aren't, which means your are doing the equivalent of driving blind-folded. Your post you mention nothing else drops? what else do you have that is sending/uploading traffic at a similar bitrate as livestreaming with OBS Studio? at the same time? nothing, right? so all that other stuff that isn't dropping isn't relevant. period... basic networking.
What other software have you tried to send the similar traffic (protocol, bitrate, etc) to same destination server? and what were the results?

I apologize, your right I should have just posted the facts, I just been in a very high anxiety state because of this (possibly a panic attack now that I think back on it) and didn't want to disappoint my friend and her viewers, not an excuse and bit embarrassed. I meant to post a log, it's attached now. Nothing on my end (that i can see) is causing these issues (2 years streaming on this same connection and settings). None of my settings where changed, no new hardware, drivers stable, things up to date. Playing online games pc/xbox, etc any other forms of streaming things did not show any issues (i understand upload/download speeds are different). One day start of last month I started a stream that dropped me 20+ times and since then my streams are dropped left and right. Also have an IT friend trying to help me figure it out as well. I have used the Twitch speed test and tried a couple of different servers, (just re-tested...93 quality the highest also the closest (location) to me and the default when obs connects) I'm putting a log through the analyzer rn. There are no lag or audio issues. Lowering the bit rate didn't seem to change anything other than the quality of the stream on the viewers end.

I streamed on kick and the connection was stable only ran it maybe 20-30 mins, Streamlabs tested better as well but did drop within the first 20 seconds of starting the stream just like obs, then was fine for about 20 mins or so before it started dropping every few mins.

Again I apologize and appreciate any direction anyone can give me.

Attachments

• 2024-03-04 19-03-01.txt
    54.7 KB · Views: 12

qhobbes

1. Your audio devices have a sample rate that doesn't match the OBS sample rate. This can result in audio drift over time or sound distortion. Check your audio devices in Windows settings (both Playback and Recording) and ensure the Default Format (under Advanced) is consistent. 48000 Hz is recommended.
OBS Sample Rate: 48000 Hz
Line (3- AudioBox USB 96): 96000 Hz
Speakers (3- AudioBox USB 96): 96000 Hz
2. Having the YUV Color range set to "Full" will cause playback issues in certain browsers and on various video platforms. Shadows, highlights and color will look off. In OBS, go to "Settings -> Advanced" and set "YUV Color Range" back to "Limited".
3. Browser hardware acceleration is currently disabled. Enabling acceleration is highly recommended due to the improvements to performance and significantly lower CPU usage for browser sources. This can be enabled in Settings -> Advanced.
4. Your log contains no streaming session. Results of this log analysis are limited. Please post a link to a clean log file.
To make a clean log file, please follow these steps:

1) Restart OBS.
2) Start your stream for at least 30 seconds. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc.
3) Stop your stream.
4) Select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Send that link here.

I currently changed all the conflicting settings. I started a stream and was dropped in the first 20 seconds. I also had another streamer friend in a totally different state(OR/CO) drop at the same time i did, twice, at the same time. I am currently streaming (dropped in the first 20 seconds, restarted it happened twice in a row, dropped within a few seconds of streaming ) and it has been stable for about 15 mins. OBS shows no frames dropped, solid connection bars, cpu load under 15%....i just do not understand.

Attachments

• 2024-03-04 21-59-47.txt
    35.3 KB · Views: 12

qhobbes

1. In many cases, wireless connections can cause issues because of their unstable nature. Streaming really requires a stable connection. Often wireless connections are fine, but if you have problems, the first troubleshooting step would be to switch to wired. We highly recommend streaming on wired connections.
2. 22:25:07.597: obs-streamelements-core: streaming stop requested by UI control
22:37:27.249: obs-streamelements-core: streaming stop requested by UI control
That appears to indicate you or streamelements are stopping your stream.

Lawrence_SoCal

Also, you don't indicate who your ISP is. Cellular ISPs can work fine, or not, like WiFi. and it tends to take advance monitoring and troubleshooting to address. Hence the common recommendation, especially when troubleshooting, is to eliminate that ALWAYS variable wireless connection (both on LAN as well as WAN, when possible)

There are LOTS of things that can interfere with Internet traffic. When you rally get into the details, that the Internet works at all is sort of surprising. Consumer Internet providers designed their networks to all uses to send little small, non-time sensitive request traffic, and the bulk of data traffic being end-user receiving (ie download traffic), with buffers built-in to handle out-of-order packets. There are kludgy work-arounds to get jitter and latency sensitive traffic (like real-time audio and video) to work over Public Internet, which have matured a bit over the last couple of decades, but still not all that great.

So, yes, it is entirely possible to have your PC, and streaming software all working great. (and most PCs are a hot mess)
But even with all of that in tip-top shape, it is still easy to have trouble streaming.
Even if manage your local LAN (knowing all LAN traffic, and monitoring for WiFi contention issues or better to have a Quality-of-Service setup so that LAN upload bandwidth contention is proactively managed, by destination and protocol). Most users think they know what is on their LAN, but don't actually know. So even if you have an enterprise class setup, including management and real-time monitoring, for a home LAN, you can still easily have trouble.
And then there is the wild west of consumer ISPs and Public Peering points for the Internet (better, usually more expensive, ISPs will internally route traffic around more heavily congested Public Peering points when practical/needed). We as consumer to go for best deal for Internet connectivity going for 'best effort' vs 'service level agreement' contracts, meaning most Consumer ISPs are not all that incentivized for being good at handling esoteric traffic (which streaming traffic falls into, in the overall scheme of consumer traffic... its tiny)... and infrastructure build-out is outrageously expensive to deploy and maintain

Oh, and the correlation of streamelements plugin and (network) trouble.... decent. Previously, testing without streamelements required a separate OBS Studio portable install, or a removal of the plugin AND OBS Studio re-install (yes, both steps)