OBS Disconnecting and Reconnecting on YouTube Live (first stream)

suchikuchi

Hello! I usually stream on Twitch so I know how OBS works in regards to stream health and internet connection. My first time ever trying to use my OBS software with YouTube live appears to be having some serious issues.
My internet connection is good and solid (at least my speed test says it is)
While my stream is live, the connection bar is green in the OBS software window and YouTube says it's live and has excellent streaming connection.
However, the second I start my YouTube Live stream, OBS is constantly connecting and reconnecting. I mean it literally streams for 5 seconds before it disconnects then reconnects and then it disconnects again about 5 seconds later. I have tried switching the server from Primary to Backup and then back to Primary as well as completely resetting the streamkey. I cannot seem to find a solution to my problem. Streaming on Twitch is working as expected.
Really, I'm just trying to rule out any issues with OBS first or any of my settings in OBS. So hoping that someone can check out my log file and let me know if there is something that I am doing wrong in OBS. It does appear that there is only a communication error between OBS and YouTube as OBS is working well with Twitch. Thanks a bunches!

Lawrence_SoCal

Are you monitoring your PC (Task Mgr, Resource Monitor) to make sure PC isn't overloaded?
A Internet bandwidth test is a single point in time. Is anyone else (or any other devices) using the Internet connection?
Are you using WiFi? if yes, switch to wired Ethernet connection as a quick way to check/test. WiFi can cause all kinds of problems, especially with connections expecting consistently low latency and jitter

Then again.. I see you logs are filled with
Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.

Why exactly that is the case in your circumstance is beyond my knowledge level. But simply scrolling though it to identify devices not loading might help

suchikuchi

Are you monitoring your PC (Task Mgr, Resource Monitor) to make sure PC isn't overloaded?
A Internet bandwidth test is a single point in time. Is anyone else (or any other devices) using the Internet connection?
Are you using WiFi? if yes, switch to wired Ethernet connection as a quick way to check/test. WiFi can cause all kinds of problems, especially with connections expecting consistently low latency and jitter

Then again.. I see you logs are filled with
Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.

Why exactly that is the case in your circumstance is beyond my knowledge level. But simply scrolling though it to identify devices not loading might help

Thank you so much for your response. I'm not sure how to read the event log. Internet connection is secure and wired in with my ethernet and speed test is good. In addition, the OBS works great with Twitch so I don't think this is related to the internet since if it were an internet issue, I would think that I'd be running into the same issues on both platforms. This seems to be an issue related just to streaming on YouTube Live.

I do have 5 webcams hooked up and I know streaming with that many webcams hooked up has always been an issue and I've always been able to work around that issue by getting different types of webcams and different PCIE slots for my MotherBoard. I don't know if that is what the Insufficient system resources message means.

My PC is definitely not overloaded in any way and is set up to stream with multiple webcams to the best of my knowledge with the best equipment available to me with a budget of under $1k with equipment no older than 1-3 years old.

roblmoorejr

Hello! I usually stream on Twitch so I know how OBS works in regards to stream health and internet connection. My first time ever trying to use my OBS software with YouTube live appears to be having some serious issues.
My internet connection is good and solid (at least my speed test says it is)
While my stream is live, the connection bar is green in the OBS software window and YouTube says it's live and has excellent streaming connection.
However, the second I start my YouTube Live stream, OBS is constantly connecting and reconnecting. I mean it literally streams for 5 seconds before it disconnects then reconnects and then it disconnects again about 5 seconds later. I have tried switching the server from Primary to Backup and then back to Primary as well as completely resetting the streamkey. I cannot seem to find a solution to my problem. Streaming on Twitch is working as expected.
Really, I'm just trying to rule out any issues with OBS first or any of my settings in OBS. So hoping that someone can check out my log file and let me know if there is something that I am doing wrong in OBS. It does appear that there is only a communication error between OBS and YouTube as OBS is working well with Twitch. Thanks a bunches!

Wow, I just started experiencing the same issue this past weekend for the first time ever. I stream to Facebook and YouTube. I use Castr.io for multi-streaming.

suchikuchi

Wow, I just started experiencing the same issue this past weekend for the first time ever. I stream to Facebook and YouTube. I use Castr.io for multi-streaming.

That sucks! Sorry to hear about it. I just found out that it was indeed related to my internet. But even though my speeds seemed to be ok on a speed test, it turned out to be my modem. It was dying, but it was a slow death and it took about a week to finally poop out all the internet connected. Maybe check your modem health.