OBS Disconnecting and Reconnecting Issues

fleabae

For the past year, I've been having issues with OBS disconnecting and reconnecting. Recently, it got to the point that I can't even stream anymore. Not only does it disconnect and reconnect every minute or so, but the stream looks extremely glitched from the viewer's perspective on Twitch. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall OBS and also try a different streaming software, but all do the same thing. This happened after I downloaded an OBS update, but I'm not sure if it's a problem with OBS or my computer itself. I doubt it's a problem with my internet since all other devices work perfectly fine during mine's downfall. It's also noteable to add that my games usually disconnect and have problems whenever my stream does. I included images of what my stream looks like.

Attachments

• Screenshot (635).png
    Screenshot (635).png
    646.9 KB · Views: 30

Lawrence_SoCal

I doubt it's a problem with my internet since all other devices work perfectly fine during mine's downfall. It's also noteable to add that my games usually disconnect and have problems whenever my stream does.
depend on what you mean by 'other device work fine'.. how many other devices to you have that are uploading? I'm guessing few to none... in which case you are comparing other devices using download bandwidth and streaming using upload bandwidth

See link in my signature to dropped frames FAQ on this site
your comment would indicate a network problem (outright glitch or bandwidth contention)

if you need any further assistance, don't ignore pinned post in this forum about posting OBS Studio log.