OBS Did Not Record Mic Audio

Loken Wolfrik

I had an issue a couple days ago where I had recorded a long video in three parts while talking to friends on Discord.

I have it setup to record on two tracks, one for game and discord audio and the other for my mic. The first video recorded everything correctly as did the third. However, without muting any audio the second video only recorded the first track and not my mic. My mic was not muted as I can hear them responding to me but I can't hear my question or voice. Is this Audio recoverable? Thanks in advance, I suspect I cannot but wanted to see if anyone more expeirenced knows a fix.

dmemphis

If you made no changes to the OBS setup from the first to the third this is hard to explain.
I suppose post the log files from each session and perhaps someone will see OBS doing something different to #2's audio.

Loken Wolfrik

I am not sure what exactly happened, but oddly enough I had a backup I loaded up on google drive and that version did have audio. Thanks for the quick answer dmemphis.

Loken Wolfrik

It is possible, but I have been using VLC so normally I can see both tracks. For whatever reason the original only had the one track but whatever the cause it seems to be working now.