OBS Crashing (W11)

PaiSand

Is not OBS the one crashing. The crash it's on a Windows system file. You probaly have a corrupted dll and deed to repair the install.
Good luck with this.

And remember, Windows 11 is a work in progress.

onrl32

Is not OBS the one crashing. The crash it's on a Windows system file. You probaly have a corrupted dll and deed to repair the install.
Good luck with this.

And remember, Windows 11 is a work in progress.
Hey, how can I repair the install? or fix corrupted dll?

Harold

The correct answer to this is that the crash is being caused by the win-capture-audio plugin.

Either update it or remove it.

onrl32

The correct answer to this is that the crash is being caused by the win-capture-audio plugin.

Either update it or remove it.
Thanks, after few days of testing I can confirm it's not crashing anymore (after I uninstalled it); however I had the latest version so it was already "updated". I'm guess it's not ready for W11 especsially since the plugin is in beta.

JulieC

I'm getting crashes when I try to add a video capture device. OBS crashes and when it starts up, a video capture device shows up. If I go to click on settings to configure it, it'll crash again.

Attachments

• Crash 2022-04-13 13-03-34.txt
    37.5 KB · Views: 39

Harold

I'm getting crashes when I try to add a video capture device. OBS crashes and when it starts up, a video capture device shows up. If I go to click on settings to configure it, it'll crash again.
you are having a separate issue from what this thread is about.